Azerbaijan-Qatar intergovernmental commission holds first meeting
The first meeting of the Azerbaijan-Qatar Joint Economic, Trade and Technical intergovernmental commission was held in Baku Jan. 31.
The meeting was held at the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Azerbaijan.
Prior to the meeting, the commission’s co-chairs – Azerbaijani Minister of Emergency Situations, Colonel General Kemaleddin Heydarov and Qatari Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammad bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani held private talks, APA reported.
Then, the first meeting of the Azerbaijan-Qatar intergovernmental commission was held under the chairmanship of Kemaleddin Heydarov and Abdulrahman Al-Thani.
Addressing the meeting, Heydarov said that practical work will be carried out based on the documents prepared by the commission.
“I hope that Azerbaijan and Qatar will benefit from mutual investments and the activities of joint ventures to be established by businessmen of the two countries in the field of economy,” he said. “Creation of a joint fund in the framework of the protocol to be signed can be beneficial for our joint work.”
Expressing his gratitude to Heydarov for warm welcome, Foreign Minister of Qatar Sheikh Mohammad bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani noted that the joint intergovernmental commission will contribute to the future development of relations between the two countries.
He recalled that the commission was established during the visit of the Emir of Qatar to Azerbaijan in early 2016, expressing hope that the cooperation between the two countries will cover all areas.
Al-Thani said that this commission will play a positive role in the expansion of relations between the two countries.
“We should improve bilateral ties. Qatar-Azerbaijan relations will continue to develop. The strategic partnership between the two countries will expand and we will accommodate the needs of our countries," the Qatari FM added.
The sides said Azerbaijan-Qatar ties are developing in an upward trend, noting that Emir of Qatar Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani's visit to Azerbaijan in 2016 was successful and expressing their confidence that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev’s upcoming visit to Qatar in February this year will give impetus to the development of political and economic relations between the two countries.
The sides underlined that the current priorities include the introduction of Azerbaijan's export-oriented products to the Gulf market and stimulation of investment cooperation with Gulf countries, noting that it is essential that state and private companies step up their efforts for this purpose. The approval of the proposal of granting a visa to Azerbaijani citizen upon their arrival in Qatar was praised during the meeting.
Moreover, the sides had an extensive exchange of ideas on other issues of mutual interest.
At the end of the discussions, the protocol on the results of the meeting was signed by the commission’s co-chairs – Azerbaijani Minister of Emergency Situations, Colonel General Kemaleddin Heydarov and Qatari Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammad bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani.
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijan Pardon Commission rejects allegations of pardon for a person who wasn’t listed
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijan SEC to hold first university entrance exams on April 30
- 27.04.2017MP: Some cafes and restaurants in Azerbaijan offer hookahs containing drugs
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijan's former health minister gets 7 years and 5 days in prison - UPDATED
- 26.04.2017New prosecutor of Baku appointed
- 25.04.2017Victim testifies in trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani MP: People are unsure what currency to choose to save their money
- 25.04.2017Baku city prosecutor Aziz Seyidov elected judge of Supreme Court
- 25.04.2017Baku court holds preliminary hearing on case of APFP member arrested over FETO links
- 25.04.2017Starvation looms for 20 million, UN agricultural advisory group told at opening session
- 24.04.2017Akif Chovdarov’s trial continues
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijani president orders payment of allowances to World War II participants
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijani soldiers wounded in April battles provided with artificial limbs on initiative of First VP Mehriban Aliyeva
- 24.04.2017About 7 million people in Azerbaijan at risk of contracting malaria – ministry
- 21.04.2017EU, Azerbaijani SEC hold joint seminar
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan to ban ads of potential harm to children
- 21.04.2017Canadian doctors discover first antibiotic in 30 years
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan declares two non-working days in May
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan weather forecast: Strong winds expected in coming days
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3 mln to Youth Foundation
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan: 62 killed, 212 injured in emergencies since early 2017
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan issues licenses to 14 companies delivering television programming over Internet
- 19.04.2017The plan for admission of students will be determined by the Cabinet of Ministers
- 18.04.2017One child given up to foreigner for adoption in Azerbaijan this year
- 18.04.2017Attorneys in MNS case refuse to speak to the press
- 18.04.2017CoE experts’ report on NGOs presented in Baku
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijan State Examination Center appeals to applicants over second entrance exams
- 17.04.2017Residents of the "Sovietski" addressed a letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 17.04.2017Number of Azerbaijani population announced
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates participants of 1st Int’l Forum of Caucasus Studies Scholars
- 17.04.2017New deputy health minister appointed in Azerbaijan’s Nakhchivan
- 15.04.2017President Aliyev gives instruction to stop construction of residential building in Yasamal district
- 15.04.2017Azerbaijan to start diagnostic evaluation of teachers in several districts from tomorrow
- 14.04.2017Over 1,400 foreigners violated Azerbaijan’s administrative legislation in March
- 14.04.2017Azerbaijani parliament passes bill restricting tobacco use
- 14.04.2017Baku Education Department: No violations recorded during teacher recruitment
- 14.04.2017Azerbaijan to broadcast anti-smoking TV and radio programs
- 13.04.201790 first aid brigades to be available during Baku Islamic Solidarity Games
- 13.04.2017Bears and gazelles illegally kept at some recreational centers in Azerbaijan
- 13.04.2017Azerbaijan: Minors to be required to present ID while buying cigarettes
- 04.05.2009Results of first stage of entrance examinations for master’s level announced in Azerbaijan
- 05.05.2009Appeal Commission established to address bachelors’ appeals concerning the Master’s examination
- 06.05.2009“Ireli” Public Union begins spring debates within the project of “National Discussions”
- 04.05.2009Baku City Executive Power: “Flower Festival will not be postponed”
- 04.05.2009Weather temperature to rise in Azerbaijan
- 04.05.2009Chairman of Jordan’s National Committee for Demining and Rehabilitation meets with Azerbaijani specialists in Horadiz- UPDATED