Azerbaijan-Qatar intergovernmental commission holds first meeting
The first meeting of the Azerbaijan-Qatar Joint Economic, Trade and Technical intergovernmental commission was held in Baku Jan. 31.
The meeting was held at the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Azerbaijan.
Prior to the meeting, the commission’s co-chairs – Azerbaijani Minister of Emergency Situations, Colonel General Kemaleddin Heydarov and Qatari Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammad bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani held private talks, APA reported.
Then, the first meeting of the Azerbaijan-Qatar intergovernmental commission was held under the chairmanship of Kemaleddin Heydarov and Abdulrahman Al-Thani.
Addressing the meeting, Heydarov said that practical work will be carried out based on the documents prepared by the commission.
“I hope that Azerbaijan and Qatar will benefit from mutual investments and the activities of joint ventures to be established by businessmen of the two countries in the field of economy,” he said. “Creation of a joint fund in the framework of the protocol to be signed can be beneficial for our joint work.”
Expressing his gratitude to Heydarov for warm welcome, Foreign Minister of Qatar Sheikh Mohammad bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani noted that the joint intergovernmental commission will contribute to the future development of relations between the two countries.
He recalled that the commission was established during the visit of the Emir of Qatar to Azerbaijan in early 2016, expressing hope that the cooperation between the two countries will cover all areas.
Al-Thani said that this commission will play a positive role in the expansion of relations between the two countries.
“We should improve bilateral ties. Qatar-Azerbaijan relations will continue to develop. The strategic partnership between the two countries will expand and we will accommodate the needs of our countries," the Qatari FM added.
The sides said Azerbaijan-Qatar ties are developing in an upward trend, noting that Emir of Qatar Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani's visit to Azerbaijan in 2016 was successful and expressing their confidence that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev’s upcoming visit to Qatar in February this year will give impetus to the development of political and economic relations between the two countries.
The sides underlined that the current priorities include the introduction of Azerbaijan's export-oriented products to the Gulf market and stimulation of investment cooperation with Gulf countries, noting that it is essential that state and private companies step up their efforts for this purpose. The approval of the proposal of granting a visa to Azerbaijani citizen upon their arrival in Qatar was praised during the meeting.
Moreover, the sides had an extensive exchange of ideas on other issues of mutual interest.
At the end of the discussions, the protocol on the results of the meeting was signed by the commission’s co-chairs – Azerbaijani Minister of Emergency Situations, Colonel General Kemaleddin Heydarov and Qatari Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammad bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani.
- 23.06.2018Azerbaijani Defense Industry Minister Yavar Jamalov dies
- 23.06.2018Azerbaijan to mark Mehdi Huseynzade’s 100th birth anniversary
- 23.06.2018Azerbaijani president awards healthcare workers
- 23.06.2018Akif Alizade approved as ANAS president
- 22.06.2018An event held dedicated to the 10th anniversary of the Council on State Support to NGOs
- 22.06.2018Translation of US historian Frederick Starr’s book into Azerbaijani presented
- 22.06.2018Term for registration of foreigners visiting Azerbaijan to be extended
- 22.06.2018Presidential Administration: 29.3 thousand civil servants make up 0.6% of Azerbaijan’s working population
- 22.06.2018Cabinet of Ministers eliminates dispute over vertical position of the state flag of Azerbaijan
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijan Teacher Development Centre authorized as CELTA Training Centre
- 21.06.2018Date of Kamaladdin Heydarov’s reception of citizens in Siyazan rescheduled
- 21.06.2018New youth peace platform presented in Tbilisi
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan well understands what pains of conflicts feel like, UN rep says
- 20.06.2018Housing conditions of 265,000 refugees, IDPs improved in Azerbaijan so far: State Committee
- 20.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Siyazan
- 20.06.2018About 65,000 students to take part in final exams in Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018Temperature to be 31C in Baku, 36C in regions tomorrow
- 18.06.2018Weather forecast for June 19
- 16.06.2018“Mübarizlər” contest kicks off in Baku
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani MES hosts meeting with U.S. Oklahoma National Guard delegation
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan calculating compulsory health insurance fees
- 14.06.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani citizens to have 5 consecutive non-working days to mark Eid al-Fitr and National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani schools celebrate Day of Farewell Bell
- 13.06.2018Baku's bid to host World Expo 2025 presented at BIE
- 13.06.2018Human rights activist meets daycare worker detained for child maltreatment
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament passes bill on protecting children from harmful information
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan Education Ministry reveals number of transfers students in 2018
- 12.06.2018Over 140,000 educators undergo diagnostic assessment in Azerbaijan over past four years
- 12.06.2018225 Azerbaijani citizens qualified for study abroad in academic year 2017-18 academic year
- 12.06.2018ATDC accredited as Cambridge Professional Development Centre
- 11.06.2018Leyla Novruzova, who was promoted to BP's London office: I’m not very good in planning my career - INTERVIEW
- 08.06.2018Libraff bookstore opens in Baku
- 08.06.2018Weekend weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani representative elected member of UN Committee on Elimination of Discrimination against Women
- 08.06.2018Akif Alizadeh re-elected president of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences - UPDATED
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan has region’s most secure data center, minister says
- 08.06.2018Many products brought to Azerbaijan in plastic containers – ministry
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani Migration Service launches new e-service for foreigners, stateless persons
- 08.06.2018Specialty selection for master's degree starts in Azerbaijan
- 01.02.2017Trial resumed of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official
- 01.02.2017Akif Chovdarov not brought to court due to adverse weather conditions
- 01.02.2017Baku Media Center to provide host broadcasting services for Baku 2017 Islamic Solidarity Games
- 31.01.2017February weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 30.01.2017Azerbaijan to mark 100th birthday anniversary of academician Karim Karimov
- 30.01.2017Azerbaijani president awards several persons for distinguished work with youth