Azerbaijan-Qatar intergovernmental commission holds first meeting
The first meeting of the Azerbaijan-Qatar Joint Economic, Trade and Technical intergovernmental commission was held in Baku Jan. 31.
The meeting was held at the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Azerbaijan.
Prior to the meeting, the commission’s co-chairs – Azerbaijani Minister of Emergency Situations, Colonel General Kemaleddin Heydarov and Qatari Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammad bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani held private talks, APA reported.
Then, the first meeting of the Azerbaijan-Qatar intergovernmental commission was held under the chairmanship of Kemaleddin Heydarov and Abdulrahman Al-Thani.
Addressing the meeting, Heydarov said that practical work will be carried out based on the documents prepared by the commission.
“I hope that Azerbaijan and Qatar will benefit from mutual investments and the activities of joint ventures to be established by businessmen of the two countries in the field of economy,” he said. “Creation of a joint fund in the framework of the protocol to be signed can be beneficial for our joint work.”
Expressing his gratitude to Heydarov for warm welcome, Foreign Minister of Qatar Sheikh Mohammad bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani noted that the joint intergovernmental commission will contribute to the future development of relations between the two countries.
He recalled that the commission was established during the visit of the Emir of Qatar to Azerbaijan in early 2016, expressing hope that the cooperation between the two countries will cover all areas.
Al-Thani said that this commission will play a positive role in the expansion of relations between the two countries.
“We should improve bilateral ties. Qatar-Azerbaijan relations will continue to develop. The strategic partnership between the two countries will expand and we will accommodate the needs of our countries," the Qatari FM added.
The sides said Azerbaijan-Qatar ties are developing in an upward trend, noting that Emir of Qatar Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani's visit to Azerbaijan in 2016 was successful and expressing their confidence that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev’s upcoming visit to Qatar in February this year will give impetus to the development of political and economic relations between the two countries.
The sides underlined that the current priorities include the introduction of Azerbaijan's export-oriented products to the Gulf market and stimulation of investment cooperation with Gulf countries, noting that it is essential that state and private companies step up their efforts for this purpose. The approval of the proposal of granting a visa to Azerbaijani citizen upon their arrival in Qatar was praised during the meeting.
Moreover, the sides had an extensive exchange of ideas on other issues of mutual interest.
At the end of the discussions, the protocol on the results of the meeting was signed by the commission’s co-chairs – Azerbaijani Minister of Emergency Situations, Colonel General Kemaleddin Heydarov and Qatari Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammad bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani.
- 25.04.2018NGOs adopt statement on 100th anniversary of 1918 Genocide of Azerbaijanis
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan eyes to impose new penalties for breaking rules on rallies, street marches
- 25.04.2018BHOS concludes 3rd SOCAR International Forum with conference
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan considers restriction of freedom for several offences
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan eyes new fines for violating entry and exit rules
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves draft law on employment
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament passes bill on vocational education
- 23.04.2018Jeyhun Bayramov relieved of his duties as Deputy Minister of Education
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani President issues order on allocation of lump-sum financial aid to WW II veterans
- 20.04.2018F1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix: Two hospitals will render medical services to participants, guests
- 20.04.2018Owners of 6 houses damaged in Baku landslide zone receive financial aid
- 20.04.2018Non-smoking area in Baku Metro expanded
- 20.04.2018Baku hosts conference on exposure of Armenian falsifications
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani ombudsperson: Housing market prices are not suitable for low-income families
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan may prosecute those failing to pay unemployment insurance and compulsory social insurance
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani ombudsperson: Legal regulation needed for use of social networks
- 19.04.2018Health Ministry: Anemia, kidney and heart diseases widespread among pregnant women in Azerbaijan
- 19.04.201837,618 abortion cases recorded in Azerbaijan in 2017
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan reveals number of maternal deaths registered in 1Q 2018
- 19.04.2018Early marriages reported not only among Azerbaijanis living in Georgia: UNFPA study
- 19.04.2018Kamaladdin Heydarov meets with IAEA chief
- 19.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs decree to improve social protection of families of servicemen killed in military ops
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani citizens’ living standards will increase in coming years
- 18.04.2018Dust from Arabian Peninsula to reach Azerbaijan
- 18.04.20184th OIC Conference of Youth and Sports Ministers kicks off in Baku
- 18.04.2018Belarus may deliver Polonaise multiple rocket launch systems to Azerbaijan: Russian paper
- 18.04.2018Traffic to be restricted in Baku for 2018 F1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani SEC: Results of final exams may remain valid for two years
- 16.04.2018Amount of financial assistance for owners of damaged houses in Baku landslide zone determined
- 10.04.2018Strong geomagnetic storm expected in coming days
- 10.04.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 10.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Health Ministry announces average life expectancy
- 10.04.2018Azerbaijan, India discuss cooperation in education
- 09.04.2018AZN 3mln allocated to Youth Foundation
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijan declares March 27 as ‘Science Day’
- 07.04.2018Temperature to be 20 C in Baku tomorrow
- 07.04.2018Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources: Process of flooding intensified in Baku
- 06.04.2018Requirements concerning specially designated smoking areas specified in Azerbaijan
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijan defining rules for organizing social workplaces
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijan defining cases of involvement in forced labor
- 01.02.2017Trial resumed of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official
- 01.02.2017Akif Chovdarov not brought to court due to adverse weather conditions
- 01.02.2017Baku Media Center to provide host broadcasting services for Baku 2017 Islamic Solidarity Games
- 31.01.2017February weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 30.01.2017Azerbaijan to mark 100th birthday anniversary of academician Karim Karimov
- 30.01.2017Azerbaijani president awards several persons for distinguished work with youth