Azerbaijan-Qatar intergovernmental commission holds first meeting
The first meeting of the Azerbaijan-Qatar Joint Economic, Trade and Technical intergovernmental commission was held in Baku Jan. 31.
The meeting was held at the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Azerbaijan.
Prior to the meeting, the commission’s co-chairs – Azerbaijani Minister of Emergency Situations, Colonel General Kemaleddin Heydarov and Qatari Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammad bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani held private talks, APA reported.
Then, the first meeting of the Azerbaijan-Qatar intergovernmental commission was held under the chairmanship of Kemaleddin Heydarov and Abdulrahman Al-Thani.
Addressing the meeting, Heydarov said that practical work will be carried out based on the documents prepared by the commission.
“I hope that Azerbaijan and Qatar will benefit from mutual investments and the activities of joint ventures to be established by businessmen of the two countries in the field of economy,” he said. “Creation of a joint fund in the framework of the protocol to be signed can be beneficial for our joint work.”
Expressing his gratitude to Heydarov for warm welcome, Foreign Minister of Qatar Sheikh Mohammad bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani noted that the joint intergovernmental commission will contribute to the future development of relations between the two countries.
He recalled that the commission was established during the visit of the Emir of Qatar to Azerbaijan in early 2016, expressing hope that the cooperation between the two countries will cover all areas.
Al-Thani said that this commission will play a positive role in the expansion of relations between the two countries.
“We should improve bilateral ties. Qatar-Azerbaijan relations will continue to develop. The strategic partnership between the two countries will expand and we will accommodate the needs of our countries," the Qatari FM added.
The sides said Azerbaijan-Qatar ties are developing in an upward trend, noting that Emir of Qatar Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani's visit to Azerbaijan in 2016 was successful and expressing their confidence that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev’s upcoming visit to Qatar in February this year will give impetus to the development of political and economic relations between the two countries.
The sides underlined that the current priorities include the introduction of Azerbaijan's export-oriented products to the Gulf market and stimulation of investment cooperation with Gulf countries, noting that it is essential that state and private companies step up their efforts for this purpose. The approval of the proposal of granting a visa to Azerbaijani citizen upon their arrival in Qatar was praised during the meeting.
Moreover, the sides had an extensive exchange of ideas on other issues of mutual interest.
At the end of the discussions, the protocol on the results of the meeting was signed by the commission’s co-chairs – Azerbaijani Minister of Emergency Situations, Colonel General Kemaleddin Heydarov and Qatari Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammad bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani.
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijani president orders increasing social allowances
- 23.02.2018Allowance for women with more than 5 children increased in Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018Committee chairman: Nationalization of surnames hotly debated issue in Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018Deputy PM: 97 families evacuated from landslide zone on Bayil slope
- 23.02.2018U.S. helps people with disabilities receive free legal aid
- 23.02.2018Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Lankaran
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani president's personal pension increased by AZN150
- 22.02.2018Monthly stipend for young talents increased by 100 manats
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly scholarship for honorary titles
- 22.02.2018Collegium of Advocates to be provided with new building
- 22.02.2018Prosecutor asks court to strip MNS generals of their ranks
- 22.02.2018Prosecutor seeks 16 years for Subahir Gurbanov and Teymur Guliyev - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018International organizations praise anti-corruption measures in Azerbaijan
- 22.02.2018Ministry of Education announces results of student transfer
- 22.02.2018First-grade admission gets started in Baku
- 22.02.2018Requirements for construction of buildings erected in place of emergency structures in nine districts of Baku changed
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan to mark 110th anniversary of academician Musa Aliyev
- 21.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev orders increasing unified monthly allowance for IDPs
- 21.02.2018U.S. ambassador visits school built for IDPs in Baku
- 21.02.2018New specialties created in the master's degree in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Presidential pension for Azerbaijan’s national heroes increases
- 20.02.2018Ilham Aliyev orders increasing presidential pension for Great Patriotic War veterans
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani president appoints members of Civil Service Management Board
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani court commences hearing on Afgan Mukhtarli’s appeal
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan starts relocating IDP families to new settlement in Tartar
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan specifies what medications caused severe poisoning
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan imports most medicines from Europe – Health Ministry
- 20.02.2018Guba-Khinalig road reopened after avalanche
- 19.02.2018Pension for 20 January disabled increased by 10%
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly pension for citizens disabled in war
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill on state fingerprinting and genome registration
- 17.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Sunday
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan detains 26 foreigners in anti-migration op
- 16.02.2018Italian architects prepared project for Yanardagh complex construction – envoy
- 16.02.2018Baku to host Italian Design Day
- 16.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Saturday
- 16.02.2018Georgian education minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 16.02.2018ASAN and ABAD very good Azerbaijani brands: EU envoy
- 16.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers: Families relocated from Bayil landslide area to be given rental money
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan discloses non-working days in March 2018
- 25.01.2018Azerbaijani SEC soon to submit new exam model to Cabinet of Ministers
- 25.01.2018All residential and non-residential buildings in Azerbaijan to be redesigned for disabled people
- 26.01.2018Azerbaijan commemorates soldiers, officers martyred in Dashalti operation
- 25.01.2018Citizens living near landslide area housed in temporary shelters - UPDATED
- 24.01.2018Azerbaijan to prepare individual rehabilitation program for the disabled
- 24.01.2018Baku city prosecutor: Crime rates have increased in capital