Azerbaijan-Qatar intergovernmental commission holds first meeting
The first meeting of the Azerbaijan-Qatar Joint Economic, Trade and Technical intergovernmental commission was held in Baku Jan. 31.
The meeting was held at the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Azerbaijan.
Prior to the meeting, the commission’s co-chairs – Azerbaijani Minister of Emergency Situations, Colonel General Kemaleddin Heydarov and Qatari Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammad bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani held private talks, APA reported.
Then, the first meeting of the Azerbaijan-Qatar intergovernmental commission was held under the chairmanship of Kemaleddin Heydarov and Abdulrahman Al-Thani.
Addressing the meeting, Heydarov said that practical work will be carried out based on the documents prepared by the commission.
“I hope that Azerbaijan and Qatar will benefit from mutual investments and the activities of joint ventures to be established by businessmen of the two countries in the field of economy,” he said. “Creation of a joint fund in the framework of the protocol to be signed can be beneficial for our joint work.”
Expressing his gratitude to Heydarov for warm welcome, Foreign Minister of Qatar Sheikh Mohammad bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani noted that the joint intergovernmental commission will contribute to the future development of relations between the two countries.
He recalled that the commission was established during the visit of the Emir of Qatar to Azerbaijan in early 2016, expressing hope that the cooperation between the two countries will cover all areas.
Al-Thani said that this commission will play a positive role in the expansion of relations between the two countries.
“We should improve bilateral ties. Qatar-Azerbaijan relations will continue to develop. The strategic partnership between the two countries will expand and we will accommodate the needs of our countries," the Qatari FM added.
The sides said Azerbaijan-Qatar ties are developing in an upward trend, noting that Emir of Qatar Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani's visit to Azerbaijan in 2016 was successful and expressing their confidence that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev’s upcoming visit to Qatar in February this year will give impetus to the development of political and economic relations between the two countries.
The sides underlined that the current priorities include the introduction of Azerbaijan's export-oriented products to the Gulf market and stimulation of investment cooperation with Gulf countries, noting that it is essential that state and private companies step up their efforts for this purpose. The approval of the proposal of granting a visa to Azerbaijani citizen upon their arrival in Qatar was praised during the meeting.
Moreover, the sides had an extensive exchange of ideas on other issues of mutual interest.
At the end of the discussions, the protocol on the results of the meeting was signed by the commission’s co-chairs – Azerbaijani Minister of Emergency Situations, Colonel General Kemaleddin Heydarov and Qatari Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammad bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani.
- 22.11.2017Number of Armenians living in Azerbaijan revealed
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani Parl’t deputy speaker stresses need for reforms in law enforcement, security and judicial bodies
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani MP calls for more spending on healthcare
- 22.11.2017MP proposes creating business incubators in Azerbaijan’s educational institutions
- 22.11.2017Baku hosts int’l conference on promoting tolerance among youth
- 22.11.2017Leyla Aliyeva meets with UNICEF regional director
- 22.11.201720 judges, including 7 chairmen of courts dismissed in Azerbaijan this year
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani state should provide serious support for treatment of autistic children – MP
- 21.11.2017Dust quantity in Baku and Absheron Peninsula exceeds sanitary norm
- 20.11.2017World conflicts hinder mankind from achieving SDGs – UNICEF
- 20.11.2017UNICEF: Level of children’s education in Azerbaijan exceeds 95 percent
- 20.11.2017Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Zardab district
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan to have five-day holiday for New Year
- 18.11.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 1 police, injures another in Azerbaijan
- 18.11.2017Changeable cloudy weather to prevail in Baku
- 18.11.2017Landslide activity observed in Baku’s Zigh settlement
- 17.11.2017Another quake hits Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017Private and municipal vocational education institutions to be established in Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017ANAS: Land plots, scientific facilities seized over last 5 years returned
- 16.11.2017Kamaladdin Heydarov meets Moldovan interior minister
- 16.11.2017U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan visits ABAD trade & exhibition center
- 16.11.2017APA celebrates 13th anniversary - PHOTOSESSION
- 16.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan known in world as sporting nation
- 16.11.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates newly-built school in Masazir
- 16.11.2017ANAS: Yesterday’s quake in Azerbaijan had nothing to do with recent quake in Iran
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan establishes organizing committee for Baku BMX World Championships 2018
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 110th jubilee of academician Ashraf Huseynov
- 15.11.2017U.S. ambassador visits Salyan American Corner
- 15.11.2017Deloitte Azerbaijan introduces new publication - ®
- 15.11.2017Compulsory health insurance can be applied throughout Azerbaijan in 2018 – deputy minister
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan developing state program to repatriate its citizens in Iraq, Syria
- 15.11.2017Deputy Minister reacts to US State Department advising its citizens not to undergo surgery in Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Baku State University’s 100th anniversary to be marked at state level
- 14.11.2017London, a city where you can see Sun, rain and Queen at the same time
- 14.11.2017EBU says Karabakh separatists’ flag to be prevented from being raised at 2017 Junior Eurovision
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani police warn drivers over use of darks films, blinds on car windows
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan’s Consulate General commemorates Holocaust in Los Angeles
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan International Environmental Exhibition kicks off
- 13.11.2017New staff of State Language Commission approved
- 01.02.2017Trial resumed of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official
- 01.02.2017Akif Chovdarov not brought to court due to adverse weather conditions
- 01.02.2017Baku Media Center to provide host broadcasting services for Baku 2017 Islamic Solidarity Games
- 31.01.2017February weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 30.01.2017Azerbaijan to mark 100th birthday anniversary of academician Karim Karimov
- 30.01.2017Azerbaijani president awards several persons for distinguished work with youth