Azerbaijan detains 89 illegal migrants from India
Azerbaijan’s State Migration Service detained eighty-nine Indian citizens during the anti-migration measures taken in the capital city of Baku from January 29 to February 1.
The investigation revealed that the foreigners entered the country with visas, 36 of them were not registered at the place of residence, visas of 31 foreigners expired, 19 violated the purpose of their arrival in Azerbaijan and one failed to live at the place of registration, the State Migration Service told APA.
It was found out that Indian citizen Mohammad Sakir (born 1965), together with his compatriots Alimuddin Shaikh, SK Allarakha, Pathan Junedkhan Mukimkhan and Pakistani citizen Sajid Fraz, organized the arrival of the detainees in Azerbaijan, deceiving to provide them with jobs.
As a result of the measures taken, the organizers of the illegal migration channel – Mohammad Sakir, Pathan Junedkhan Mukimkhan and Alimuddin Shaikh – were detained.
Another member of the organized group Allarakha, aka Munna, was detained at the Heydar Aliyev International Airport in Baku on January 31 while attempting to leave the country. He was placed at the Baku City Detention Center for Illegal Migrants.
The members of the organized group took 400-500 US dollars from each of the Indian citizens brought to Azerbaijan with the promise of obtaining temporary residence permits for working and studying and legalizing their stay in the country. Azerbaijani citizen Fraz (Gunel Gasimova), who is the wife of Sajid Fraz, promised to provide enrolling the foreigners in universities.
In addition, Azerbaijani citizens – Vatan Humbatov and his mother-in-law Rafiga Naghiyeva – provided some of these foreigners with housing in Baku’s Ramana settlement.
At the same time, another Azerbaijani citizen Vafa Asgarova provided 8 of the foreigners with housing in Balakhani village.
Illegal actions of the foreigners were fully proved and the facts have been confirmed.
Related news releases
- 24.02.2018Presidential scholarship for students increased
- 24.02.2018Azerbaijani president signs order on development of education infrastructure
- 24.02.2018Baku awaits cloudy weather on Sunday
- 24.02.2018Model United States Senate organized in Baku
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijani president orders increasing social allowances
- 23.02.2018Allowance for women with more than 5 children increased in Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018Committee chairman: Nationalization of surnames hotly debated issue in Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018Deputy PM: 97 families evacuated from landslide zone on Bayil slope
- 23.02.2018U.S. helps people with disabilities receive free legal aid
- 23.02.2018Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Lankaran
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani president's personal pension increased by AZN150
- 22.02.2018Monthly stipend for young talents increased by 100 manats
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly scholarship for honorary titles
- 22.02.2018Collegium of Advocates to be provided with new building
- 22.02.2018Prosecutor asks court to strip MNS generals of their ranks
- 22.02.2018Prosecutor seeks 16 years for Subahir Gurbanov and Teymur Guliyev - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018International organizations praise anti-corruption measures in Azerbaijan
- 22.02.2018Ministry of Education announces results of student transfer
- 22.02.2018First-grade admission gets started in Baku
- 22.02.2018Requirements for construction of buildings erected in place of emergency structures in nine districts of Baku changed
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan to mark 110th anniversary of academician Musa Aliyev
- 21.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev orders increasing unified monthly allowance for IDPs
- 21.02.2018U.S. ambassador visits school built for IDPs in Baku
- 21.02.2018New specialties created in the master's degree in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Presidential pension for Azerbaijan’s national heroes increases
- 20.02.2018Ilham Aliyev orders increasing presidential pension for Great Patriotic War veterans
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani president appoints members of Civil Service Management Board
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani court commences hearing on Afgan Mukhtarli’s appeal
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan starts relocating IDP families to new settlement in Tartar
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan specifies what medications caused severe poisoning
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan imports most medicines from Europe – Health Ministry
- 20.02.2018Guba-Khinalig road reopened after avalanche
- 19.02.2018Pension for 20 January disabled increased by 10%
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly pension for citizens disabled in war
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill on state fingerprinting and genome registration
- 17.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Sunday
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan detains 26 foreigners in anti-migration op
- 16.02.2018Italian architects prepared project for Yanardagh complex construction – envoy
- 16.02.2018Baku to host Italian Design Day
- 16.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Saturday
- 02.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of state publishing house
- 02.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles upon employees of Trade Union Confederation
- 02.02.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 6.87M for construction of modular-type schools in northern region
- 02.02.2018U.S. alumni celebrate 25th anniversary of FLEX program in Azerbaijan
- 02.02.2018Population to undergo medical examination in Azerbaijan
- 02.02.2018Azerbaijan announces dates of entrance exams for master’s degree