Azerbaijan detains 89 illegal migrants from India
Azerbaijan’s State Migration Service detained eighty-nine Indian citizens during the anti-migration measures taken in the capital city of Baku from January 29 to February 1.
The investigation revealed that the foreigners entered the country with visas, 36 of them were not registered at the place of residence, visas of 31 foreigners expired, 19 violated the purpose of their arrival in Azerbaijan and one failed to live at the place of registration, the State Migration Service told APA.
It was found out that Indian citizen Mohammad Sakir (born 1965), together with his compatriots Alimuddin Shaikh, SK Allarakha, Pathan Junedkhan Mukimkhan and Pakistani citizen Sajid Fraz, organized the arrival of the detainees in Azerbaijan, deceiving to provide them with jobs.
As a result of the measures taken, the organizers of the illegal migration channel – Mohammad Sakir, Pathan Junedkhan Mukimkhan and Alimuddin Shaikh – were detained.
Another member of the organized group Allarakha, aka Munna, was detained at the Heydar Aliyev International Airport in Baku on January 31 while attempting to leave the country. He was placed at the Baku City Detention Center for Illegal Migrants.
The members of the organized group took 400-500 US dollars from each of the Indian citizens brought to Azerbaijan with the promise of obtaining temporary residence permits for working and studying and legalizing their stay in the country. Azerbaijani citizen Fraz (Gunel Gasimova), who is the wife of Sajid Fraz, promised to provide enrolling the foreigners in universities.
In addition, Azerbaijani citizens – Vatan Humbatov and his mother-in-law Rafiga Naghiyeva – provided some of these foreigners with housing in Baku’s Ramana settlement.
At the same time, another Azerbaijani citizen Vafa Asgarova provided 8 of the foreigners with housing in Balakhani village.
Illegal actions of the foreigners were fully proved and the facts have been confirmed.
Related news releases
- 19.05.2018Weather forecast for May 20
- 18.05.2018Newspaper Echo closing down
- 18.05.2018More than 900 people die of HIV in Azerbaijan over past 31 years
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s SEC to hold TOEFL IBT and SAT exams
- 18.05.2018193 diagnosed with HIV in Azerbaijan in 2018, 16 mortalities reported
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan’s Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources has received a BP delegation.
- 17.05.2018Much remains to be done to solve IDPs’ problems in Azerbaijan: State Committee
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC chairperson comments on suicides of two applicants
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan SEC gives applicants opportunity to change specialty groups
- 17.05.2018Carpet weaved during period of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic put on display
- 17.05.2018Bodies of Azerbaijani mountaineers handed over to families
- 16.05.2018U.S. citizens traveling by AZAL's New York-Baku flight to be granted ASAN Visa
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijani Cabinet of Ministers mulls strengthening control over illicit medicine trade
- 16.05.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Nakhchivan Teachers Institute
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates secondary school in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches start of reconstruction of water supply system in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces results of entrance exams on 2nd and 3rd specialty groups
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates new building of Heydar Aliyev Modern Educational Complex - UPDATED
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan creates organizing committee to hold European Youth Olympic Festival
- 15.05.2018Amount of fee for ASAN visas offered at Azerbaijani airports determined
- 15.05.2018Over 430,000 foreigners granted Azerbaijani visas via ASAN Visa since January 2017
- 15.05.2018ASAN Visa system launched at Baku’s Heydar Aliyev International Airport
- 14.05.2018Evasion from paying unemployment insurance and mandatory state social insurance to entail criminal liability
- 12.05.2018Traffic movement to be restricted in center of Baku tomorrow
- 12.05.2018Lightning, heavy rain expected in some places tomorrow
- 11.05.2018ITV Director General Jamil Guliyev removed from duty
- 11.05.2018"Sevdiyim" project presented in Azerbaijan
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC to hold entrance exams on 2nd and 3rd specialty groups on May 13
- 10.05.2018Unknown predators found in Azerbaijan’s Ismayilli
- 09.05.2018MENR reveals causes of strong odor in Baku’s atmosphere
- 09.05.2018Weather forecast for May 10
- 09.05.2018Traffic to be restricted in some streets and avenues of Baku on May 10
- 08.05.2018Police salaries increased 16-fold in last 15 years – interior minister
- 07.05.2018Kamran Imanov appointed chairman of Board of Intellectual Property Agency
- 07.05.2018Torture in prisons discussed at EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee meeting in Baku
- 07.05.2018Top official: Freedom of speech and press ensured in Azerbaijan
- 07.05.2018Azerbaijani official: Counterfeit drugs trade – one of most serious crimes
- 04.05.2018Results of final exams held for 9th form pupils on March 18 publicized
- 04.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards Azerbaijani carpet weavers
- 02.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of state publishing house
- 02.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles upon employees of Trade Union Confederation
- 02.02.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 6.87M for construction of modular-type schools in northern region
- 02.02.2018U.S. alumni celebrate 25th anniversary of FLEX program in Azerbaijan
- 02.02.2018Population to undergo medical examination in Azerbaijan
- 02.02.2018Azerbaijan announces dates of entrance exams for master’s degree