Azerbaijan deports 16 Arab tourists for violating hunting rules
Sixteen Arab tourists have been fined and deported from Azerbaijan for violating the country’s hunting rules, the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources told APA on Friday.
The Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources analyzed media reports and videos (posted on social networks) about unethical behavior of foreign tourists during hunting on the territory of Azerbaijan and the violation of the country's laws by them.
The analyses found out that some of the videos had been filmed in other countries. There were also videos captured on the territory of Azerbaijan, according to the ministry.
The ministry pointed out that companies offer services to local and foreign hunters in Azerbaijan in autumn-winter season on the basis of a quota allocated within the law.
The ministry further said it favors restrictions on hunting activities, however, based on the laws of Azerbaijan, local and foreign hunters can enjoy their rights.
“Pursuant to international obligations undertaken by Azerbaijan, the Cabinet of Ministers passed a decision (30 September 2004) approving the issuance of hunting licenses to foreigners and stateless persons,” the ministry said.
The analyses show that the animals and birds seen in the footages are not the ones listed in Azerbaijan’s Red Book.
Under current regulations, local hunters can hunt up to six wetland birds and one rabbit in one hunting day and foreign hunter can hunt up to ten wetland birds and two rabbits in five hunting days. Foreign hunters usually go hunting in groups and usually tend to share pictures of what they have hunted. According to preliminary analyses, serious investigations are needed before taking any measure.
The ministry went on to say that tourism companies have already been warned that they should give instructions to foreign hunters in advance and behave in a manner that corresponds to the expectations of the Azerbaijani people.
“In case any tourist shows disrespect to Azerbaijan’s values by not observing the ethics of hunting, the cooperation with those companies will be ceased,” the ministry warned.
In this hunting season alone 16 hunting tourists have been fined for violating the Azerbaijan’s laws and they were deported from the country upon the recommendation of the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources.
Related news releases
- 23.09.2017Baku holding extreme “Mübarizlər” contest for 1st time
- 22.09.2017Bicycle ride under motto of “Cycling to work” held in Baku
- 22.09.2017MP Tandilyan: Combating prostitution has become a necessity in Armenia
- 22.09.2017First endoscopic liver removal operation successfully performed in Azerbaijan
- 22.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Balakhani Industrial Park
- 22.09.2017ANAMA, NATO to launch third phase of Jeyranchel clearance project
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan to apply new model of final and entrance exams
- 21.09.2017Number of IDP children studying in Azerbaijan’s military schools increases
- 19.09.2017Number of Azerbaijani students studying at state expense in China announced
- 19.09.2017MP Alizade proposes banning hookah smoking in Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijan may list historical items older than 1960 as cultural resources
- 19.09.2017Foreigners to be required additional documents to get their driver licenses changed in Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017People's Artist Fuad Poladov says he was diagnosed with lung cancer 3 months ago - UPDATED
- 19.09.2017World Bank, Azerbaijani State Committee for Refugee and IDP Affairs implement $170 mln credit projects
- 18.09.2017Tbilisi hosts int’l conference on fight against tuberculosis
- 16.09.2017Winners of essay contest amongst youth of Islamic countries awarded
- 16.09.2017Temperature to be 35C in Baku, 36C in regions tomorrow
- 16.09.2017Azerbaijan Education Ministry: Students of Tafakkur University will not be awarded a diploma because it is not accredited
- 16.09.2017New specialty to be created in master’s programme
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves 2017-2021 State Youth Programme
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan changing rules for foreigners obtaining scientific degree
- 15.09.2017Sharp decline in natural growth in Azerbaijani-populated Georgian region
- 15.09.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: School-building process in Azerbaijan going on rapidly
- 15.09.2017New building of French-Azerbaijani University inaugurated
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of school-lyceum in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani president: We ourselves set new standards
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Lots of schools in Azerbaijan repaired in recent years
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Day of Knowledge - PHOTOSESSION
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Knowledge Day
- 13.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev grants scholarship to students admitted to universities
- 13.09.2017UNHCR report highlights education crisis for refugee children
- 13.09.2017Another IBA official standing trial on fraud charges
- 13.09.2017Georgian Azerbaijanis stage protest over Myanmar violence
- 13.09.2017Lapshin thanks Azerbaijani president for pardoning him
- 12.09.2017Trial of Azerbaijan MNS ex-officials continues
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani SEC: Additional exams to be held for students who missed final exams
- 11.09.2017Lapshin will most likely be sent to Israel tomorrow – lawyer
- 11.09.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva views renovated orphanage-kindergarten in Baku
- 11.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views special school in Baku after major overhaul
- 10.02.2017Members of Azerbaijan National Television and Radio Council appointed
- 11.02.2017Azerbaijan approves new university admission rules
- 13.02.2017Number of university entrance exams may be increased in Azerbaijan
- 10.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev views conditions created at administrative building of Azerbaijan Railways CJSC
- 10.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of new service center at branch of Post Office No.1 in Baku
- 09.02.2017Seismic activity in Caspian Sea causes cracks in oil and gas fields: chief seismologist