Azerbaijan completes execution of president’s pardon order
The execution of an order signed by Azerbaijan's President Ilham Aliyev to pardon a number of convicted people ended on March 17.
Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev signed an order on March 16 pardoning 423 people.
Under the order, 412 people, sentenced to imprisonment, were freed from serving the remainder of their prison sentences.
Life imprisonment for two people was replaced with 25-year and 15-year imprisonment sentences.
Four people were freed from conditional sentence.
Moreover, one person was freed from correctional labor and three people were freed from fines.
After reviewing appeals from a number of convicts, their family members, the Commissioner for Human Rights, organizations for human rights, addressed to the president of Azerbaijan, the pardon decision was made proceeding from the principles of humanism, taking into account the personality, health condition, marital status of the convicts and their behavior while serving their sentences, according to the presidential decree.
- 23.05.2017Registration for second participation in Azerbaijan university entrance exams over
- 22.05.2017Ibrahim Guliyev awarded Shohrat Order
- 22.05.2017Traffic ban on Baku 2017 ‘special lanes’ to be lifted on May 23
- 22.05.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov to receive citizens in Beylagan on May 24
- 22.05.2017Baku to host Azerbaijan-Romania Inter-University Forum
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijani emergencies ministry denies reports of staff reductions
- 20.05.2017French-Azerbaijani University announces admission of students
- 20.05.2017Illegal passenger transportation by buses prevented in Baku-Sumgayit highway
- 19.05.2017WHO: Azerbaijan had lowest suicide rate in Europe in 2015
- 19.05.2017Students in some Azerbaijani universities changed electronic exam grades
- 19.05.2017Health Ministry: 108 people diagnosed with HIV in Azerbaijan in 1Q 2017
- 18.05.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov meets ex-president of Dutch Senate
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijani Education Ministry to terminate employment contracts with teachers recruited without competition
- 17.05.2017Int’l seminar on human trafficking awareness kicks off in Vienna
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijan launches campaign to aid Syrian children
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijan’s population exceeds 9.8 million
- 17.05.2017More than 1.2 million adolescents die every year
- 17.05.2017Citizens of 12 more countries to use Azerbaijan’s ASAN Visa system
- 16.05.2017American Jewish community plans to invest in construction of Jewish school in Azerbaijan
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijani president confers honorary titles on persons who died of wounds sustained during 20 January events
- 16.05.2017NTRC: Broadcasting of foreign TV channels in Azerbaijan to be brought in line with standards
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan approves list of licensed services and work in field of private medicine
- 15.05.2017Presentation of ‘Asiada-2017’ held in Baku
- 15.05.2017Lawyer asks court to acquit Azerbaijan’s ex-health minister
- 15.05.2017Azerbaijan’s ASAN Visa offers service for registration of group visas
- 12.05.2017Rich history of Azerbaijani equestrianism returns to Windsor
- 12.05.2017Azerbaijan to change conditions for labor contract terms
- 11.05.2017Nardaran resident Natig Karimov gets 7-year conditional sentence
- 11.05.2017About 900 drivers fined over moving on Islamic Solidarity Games ‘special lanes’
- 11.05.2017In some cases Azerbaijani citizens to be able to travel abroad using national ID only
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan continues diagnostic assessment of teachers
- 10.05.2017Weather deterioration predicted in Azerbaijan in coming days
- 10.05.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official postponed
- 09.05.201772 years pass since victory over fascism
- 08.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends memorial event for outstanding scientist, academician Rafiga Aliyeva
- 08.05.2017Azerbaijan announces traffic rules on days of opening and closing of Islamic Solidarity Games
- 07.05.2017Azerbaijan SEC holds entrance exams on I and IV specialty groups
- 06.05.20174th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue attended by representatives of 123 countries
- 06.05.20174th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue comes to a close
- 06.05.2017Leyla Aliyeva: A peaceful, inclusive society can be achieved by eliminating poverty and hunger
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani Emergencies Ministry to work on enhanced mode during holiday
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan to apply writing tasks for college admission for first time
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani court pronounces verdict against former navy chief
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan extends deadline for document admission to master’s degree and residency
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani MP’s nephew charged with swindle released in courtroom
- 17.03.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Aghdash