Argument erupts during trial of former MNS general
The Baku Military Court on Friday resumed the trial in the case involving head of the Anti-Terrorism Center of the liquidated Ministry of National Security (MNS) of Azerbaijan, Major-General Elchin Guliyev and another former MNS official Azer Mehdiyev.
During the trial, victim Matlab Mustafayev’s sister, Irade Humbatova, gave testimony, noting that MNS officials illegally searched their home all over but could not find anything. He blamed this on Elchin Guliyev and had an angry argument with him.
Later on, Guliyev said in his speech that his job was to present data on operations to the investigative body.
“I didn’t have another role in that matter. The indictment against Matlab Mustafayev was also upheld by the prosecutor’s office. Once there was a plan to blast a filling station. We presented data but law enforcement agencies were skeptical. Then I went to Zakir Garalov and reported to him. Then that person was arrested. I had respect for Matlab Mustafayev’s brother who had worked for the MNS. When he departed,” he said.
The process will be resumed on August 18.
Elchin Guliyev and the others face the charges under the Articles 145.3 (Illegal imprisonment on negligence ended with death of the victim or other serious consequences, 181.3.1 (Burglary by organized group), 181.3.2 (Burglary with a view to occupy large size of property), 182.3.1 (Extortion by organized group), 182.3.2 (Extortion with a purpose of occupying large size of property), 302.2 (Infringement of the legislation on operative - search activity committed with use of special means, intended for secret dredging the information), 308.2 (Abusing official powers) 309.2 (Excess of official powers committed with application of violence or with threat of its application, or with application of weapon or other special means, or entailed heavy consequences), 311.3.1 (Reception of a bribe on preliminary arrangement by group of persons or organized group), 311.3.2 (repeated reception of a bribe), 311.3.3 (reception of a bribe in the large amount) of the Criminal Code.
Related news releases
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards Ali bey Huseynzade’s daughter “Dostlug” Order
- 17.03.2018Monument to victims of genocide committed by Armenia erected in Guba
- 16.03.2018AZN 4mln allocated for construction of modular schools in four districts
- 16.03.2018South Caucasus’s most ancient jewelry item exhibited at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 16.03.2018State Migration Service employees granted high special ranks
- 16.03.2018State Committee: Turkish MP whose health suddenly deteriorated during Baku forum is in stable condition
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Novruz holiday
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP suffers heart attack while speaking at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.03.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Salyan
- 15.03.2018Real TV starts satellite broadcasting
- 15.03.2018Nizami Ganjavi International Award presented to First VP Mehriban Aliyeva
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijan fines Qatari national for illegal hunting
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces competition for 24 vacancies in 7 state bodies
- 13.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves composition of Youth Foundation’s Supervisory Board
- 13.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for purchase of apartments for Karabakh war disabled, families of martyrs
- 13.03.2018New executive director of Azerbaijan Youth Foundation appointed
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijanis celebrate Wind Tuesday of Novruz Holiday
- 12.03.2018Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Salyan
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for construction of carpet factory in Sabunchu
- 09.03.2018Real TV will start satellite broadcasting on March 12
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani president ups salaries of State Security Service employees
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijan defines new procedure for financing education abroad
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijan marks International Women’s Day
- 07.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev orders increasing salaries of employees of Emergency Situations Ministry
- 07.03.2018Azerbaijan to hold first stage of final exam for 9th graders on March 11
- 07.03.2018About 2,700 Azerbaijani citizens study in Georgian universities
- 07.03.2018UNICEF: 12 million girls a year become child brides
- 06.03.2018Mexican ambassador visits Goychay
- 06.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on group of women
- 06.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening of new building of sanatorium-type orphanage-kindergarten in Mashtagha settlement
- 06.03.2018UNICEF: Incidence of early marriages reduced to almost zero in Azerbaijan
- 06.03.2018UNICEF may assist in rehabilitation of Azerbaijani children in Iraq and Syria
- 06.03.2018Azerbaijanis celebrate second Tuesday of Novruz holiday
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of employees of a number of state-funded organizations
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on additional measures to improve water supply for several villages in Sabirabad district
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people employed in melioration, water economy, fishery fields
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people employed in areas of housing and communal services, transport, communications.
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people employed in agriculture, ecology, environment protection areas
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people working in culture, youth, sports organizations
- 04.08.2017President: Level of unemployment and poverty to reduce more
- 05.08.2017Temperature to be 38C in Baku, 40C in regions tomorrow
- 07.08.2017Prosecutor seeks penalty for woman for falsely presenting herself as MNS officials
- 03.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev launches new electrical substation in Gakh
- 03.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of 180-seat orphanage-kindergarten in Gakh
- 03.08.2017Flag Museum opened in Gakh