Ali Hasanov: Proposals on problem with Guba Genocide Memorial Complex to be presented to Azerbaijani president
The Genocide Memorial Complex in Guba city was erected in honor of the tens of thousands of Azerbaijanis brutally massacred during an act of genocide carried out by Armenian armed groups in Azerbaijan in 1918, the Azerbaijani president’s aide for public and political affairs, Ali Hasanov, who is also the chairman of the commission set up to deal with the problem concerning the Guba Genocide Memorial Complex, told APA.
“The historical documents, facts, and expositions found in the museum provides a vivid insight into the atrocities carried out against Azerbaijani civilians by Armenian nationalists and gives us an opportunity to convey these facts to the international community,” he said.
He expressed regret that human skeletons exposed to open air in the burial site of the complex are beginning to decay, adding that the soil is also eroding and landslides are becoming more intensified.
Hasanov noted that President Ilham Aliyev gave appropriate instructions to study the current situation and to prevent the undesirable processes.
“Under the president’s instructions, Head of Azerbaijan’s Presidential Administration Ramiz Mehdiyev signed an order on some issues regarding the Guba Genocide Memorial Complex. According to the order, a commission was set up comprised of relevant bodies’ representatives and specialists,” added the president’s aide.
“Today, the burial site, where landslides are becoming more intensified, is inspected. Later, a discussion on the problem was held at the Guba District Executive Authority. Initial proposals have already been put forward for the elimination of the problem. The proposals will be studied and presented to the Azerbaijani president in a systematized form,” Hasanov said.
Related news releases
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijan to amend law on education
- 21.05.2018Teachers to undergo certification testing in Azerbaijan
- 19.05.2018Weather forecast for May 20
- 18.05.2018Newspaper Echo closing down
- 18.05.2018More than 900 people die of HIV in Azerbaijan over past 31 years
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s SEC to hold TOEFL IBT and SAT exams
- 18.05.2018193 diagnosed with HIV in Azerbaijan in 2018, 16 mortalities reported
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan’s Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources has received a BP delegation.
- 17.05.2018Much remains to be done to solve IDPs’ problems in Azerbaijan: State Committee
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC chairperson comments on suicides of two applicants
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan SEC gives applicants opportunity to change specialty groups
- 17.05.2018Carpet weaved during period of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic put on display
- 17.05.2018Bodies of Azerbaijani mountaineers handed over to families
- 16.05.2018U.S. citizens traveling by AZAL's New York-Baku flight to be granted ASAN Visa
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijani Cabinet of Ministers mulls strengthening control over illicit medicine trade
- 16.05.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Nakhchivan Teachers Institute
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates secondary school in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches start of reconstruction of water supply system in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces results of entrance exams on 2nd and 3rd specialty groups
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates new building of Heydar Aliyev Modern Educational Complex - UPDATED
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan creates organizing committee to hold European Youth Olympic Festival
- 15.05.2018Amount of fee for ASAN visas offered at Azerbaijani airports determined
- 15.05.2018Over 430,000 foreigners granted Azerbaijani visas via ASAN Visa since January 2017
- 15.05.2018ASAN Visa system launched at Baku’s Heydar Aliyev International Airport
- 14.05.2018Evasion from paying unemployment insurance and mandatory state social insurance to entail criminal liability
- 12.05.2018Traffic movement to be restricted in center of Baku tomorrow
- 12.05.2018Lightning, heavy rain expected in some places tomorrow
- 11.05.2018ITV Director General Jamil Guliyev removed from duty
- 11.05.2018"Sevdiyim" project presented in Azerbaijan
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC to hold entrance exams on 2nd and 3rd specialty groups on May 13
- 10.05.2018Unknown predators found in Azerbaijan’s Ismayilli
- 09.05.2018MENR reveals causes of strong odor in Baku’s atmosphere
- 09.05.2018Weather forecast for May 10
- 09.05.2018Traffic to be restricted in some streets and avenues of Baku on May 10
- 08.05.2018Police salaries increased 16-fold in last 15 years – interior minister
- 07.05.2018Kamran Imanov appointed chairman of Board of Intellectual Property Agency
- 07.05.2018Torture in prisons discussed at EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee meeting in Baku
- 07.05.2018Top official: Freedom of speech and press ensured in Azerbaijan
- 07.05.2018Azerbaijani official: Counterfeit drugs trade – one of most serious crimes
- 09.06.2017Florence Nightingale Hospital: Natig Aliyev died on June 8
- 10.06.2017Azerbaijani gov’t members, representatives of public attend funeral for Energy Minister Natig Aliyev
- 10.06.2017Farewell ceremony held for Azerbaijani Energy Minister Natig Aliyev in Baku
- 09.06.2017Accreditation of four universities approved in Azerbaijan
- 09.06.2017UN: Azerbaijan pays special attention to gender equality
- 08.06.2017Ministry: Burial site of Guba Genocide Memorial Complex undergoing erosion