Albanian president awarded title of honorary doctor of Azerbaijan University of Languages
President of Albania Bujar Nishani has been awarded the title of Honorary Doctor of the Azerbaijan University of Languages (AUL).
A ceremony was held Friday at the university to award the Albanian president, APA reported.
Addressing the ceremony, AUL rector Afgan Abdullayev spoke about the history of relations between Azerbaijan and Albania.
He said bilateral relations cover the political, economic, energy and cultural areas, noting that the two countries enjoy active cooperation in the framework of the UN, OSCE and other international organizations.
The rector went on to say that Azerbaijan and Albania support each other in the issue of territorial integrity and sovereignty.
He stressed that the increase in exchange of students between the two countries will serve to deepening of mutual relations.
Bujar Nishani, in turn, said that he feels pride for being awarded the honorary title.
“For us, Azerbaijan is a model country in terms of effective use and management of energy resources”, he said.
Noting that both Albania and Azerbaijan passed through difficulties and fought for freedom, the president stressed that now the countries have common goals.
The event was also attended by Albanian footballer Ansi Agolli who currently plays for Garabagh FC.
Related news releases
- 29.03.2017Akif Chovdarov's trial continues
- 29.03.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official rescheduled to April 5
- 29.03.2017Deadline for document submission to master’s degree and residency in Azerbaijan expires
- 28.03.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials proceeds - UPDATED
- 28.03.2017Ali Insanov’s criminal case submitted to court
- 28.03.2017Criminal case against Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official terminated - EXCLUSIVE
- 28.03.2017Historical facts uncovered about Armenian plagiarism
- 28.03.2017Preliminary investigation into case of former MNS general and others concludes
- 28.03.2017Azerbaijani Health Ministry to establish organizing committee for 4th Islamic Solidarity Games
- 28.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of orphanage-kindergarten in Saatli
- 27.03.2017Court denies Akif Chovdarov’s petition - UPDATED
- 25.03.2017Dry weather predicted for March 26
- 24.03.2017Temperature to reach 18 C in Azerbaijan tomorrow
- 23.03.2017Changeable cloudy and dry weather predicted in Baku
- 22.03.2017Changeable cloudy weather to prevail in Baku
- 20.03.2017Azercell supports international event in Baku
- 20.03.2017Spring comes to Azerbaijan
- 18.03.2017Commission for the Regulation and Coordination of Labor Relations established in Azerbaijan
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani court pronounces verdict against former navy chief
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan to apply writing tasks for college admission for first time
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani Emergencies Ministry to work on enhanced mode during holiday
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan completes execution of president’s pardon order
- 16.03.2017Rector appointed to Baku Engineering University
- 16.03.2017Number of Azerbaijani population announced
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijani MES: Project for 1st micro-district to cover more areas in case it proves successful
- 15.03.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official
- 14.03.2017Two-time European karate champion standing trial on drug charges
- 14.03.2017Dust clouds over Turkmenistan to hit Azerbaijan
- 14.03.2017Hearing in case of former MNS generals postponed
- 14.03.2017Supreme Court considers IBA ex-chairman’s appeal
- 14.03.2017Azerbaijani court rejects appeal of former OMON members
- 14.03.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Last Tuesday of Novruz Holiday
- 13.03.2017Alexander Lapshin meets lawyer
- 13.03.2017Dust storm from Arabian Desert hits Baku
- 13.03.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Aghdash
- 13.03.2017Akif Chovdarov’s trial postponed
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill prohibiting smoking in public places
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijan announce dates of entrance exams for master’s degree
- 10.03.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official postponed
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijan announces admission to masters degree
- 17.03.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Aghdash
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani MP’s nephew charged with swindle released in courtroom
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan extends deadline for document admission to master’s degree and residency
- 17.03.201714 female inmates pardoned Azerbaijan's president
- 17.03.2017Pardon order: 40 inmates released from Correctional Facility No. 13
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan starts execution of presidential order on pardon