Vusala Mahirgizi: We expect Iranian media to disseminate authentic information about Karabakh conflict
She made the remarks at a round table held within the framework of the 23rd International Press Festival in Tehran on Oct. 31, an APA correspondent reported from Tehran.
Mahirgizi first gave the participants brief information about APA. She said new and traditional media should cooperate with each other and work together.
"Our company has also been using social networks. Social networks like Facebook, Twitter and YouTube—especially Facebook—are popular in our country. There are more than 2 million Facebook users in our country. For this reason, most agencies are quite active on Facebook," she said.
Mahirgizi went on to speak about the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. She noted that this conflict is a crucial issue for the Azerbaijani state and media.
"Twenty percent of Azerbaijan's territories are under Armenian occupation. You Iranians have witnessed war in your own country, and you know what it is like. Therefore, I would like to take this opportunity to say that the Iranian press can play an active role in conveying the truth about the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict,” she said.
The president of APA Holding stated that some Iranian media outlets sometimes disseminate information aimed at justifying Armenia’s aggressive policy.
“We expect the media of Iran and Turkey, the two friendly countries to Azerbaijan, to disseminate authentic information about the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict,” she said.
Mahirgizi hailed Iran’s support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity.
“The Iranian state supports the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan and always stands by our country in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. If a correspondent expresses or writes negative opinions about the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict or Azerbaijan, so he/she opposes his/her country,” she said, calling on the Iranian media to refer to Azerbaijan’s official sources while disseminating information about Azerbaijan.
“On the other hand, we will focus our attention on news spread by Iran's official news agencies,” she added.
Mahirgizi stressed the importance of direct cooperation among media agencies for obtaining true information. She noted that it concerns not only political news but also cultural, art and economic news.
At the end, the president of APA Holding answered the questions of Iranian journalists.
- 01.06.2018Personnel reforms expected in ITV
- 01.06.2018Balakishi Gasimov elected ITV director general
- 30.05.2018Seven candidates submit documents for post of ITV director general
- 29.05.2018APA TV marks 5th anniversary
- 24.05.2018Russia’s St. Petersburg hosts media summit
- 23.05.2018Georgian media representatives visit APA Holding
- 17.05.2018New appointment at Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 16.05.2018Swiss ambassador to Azerbaijan visits APA Holding
- 14.05.2018NTRC: Balakishi Gasimov not elected ITV director general
- 10.05.2018Iranian journalists visit APA Holding
- 08.05.2018Editor-in-chief of Echo newspaper Rauf Talishinsky passes away
- 01.05.2018Presentation held for media project marking centenary of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amendments to rules on sponsorship advertising in media - UPDATED
- 20.04.2018Press Council chairman criticizes ombudsperson’s activity
- 20.04.2018Bulgarian diplomats visit APA Holding
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani parliamentary committee discusses amendments to law on public broadcasting
- 16.04.2018APA TV’s YouTube channel hits 150,000 subscribers
- 30.03.2018Rahim Namazov shot in France is not a journalist: Azerbaijani Press Council
- 16.03.2018Vesti.az information agency celebrating 9th anniversary
- 10.03.2018Ali Hasanov: People who fled Azerbaijan insults country’s symbols
- 10.03.2018Aflatun Amashov reelected chairman of Azerbaijani Press Council
- 10.03.2018Vusala Mahirgizi: Online media plays special role in ensuring Azerbaijan’s information and national security
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijani journalists must fight those opposing state and its symbols: professor
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijani Press Council’s chairman hails state support for media
- 10.03.2018Charter of Azerbaijani Press Council amended
- 10.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani media should keep national interests above all
- 10.03.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani Journalists kicks off
- 05.03.2018Real TV gets indefinite license for satellite broadcasting
- 05.03.2018APAsport Agency celebrates 11th anniversary
- 05.02.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani journalists to be held on March 10
- 01.02.2018MP Aflatun Amashov proposes changing legal status of Press Council
- 31.01.2018ANAS president: ANS vacating building of Institute of Zoology
- 31.01.2018Azerbaijani NTRC orders radio programs be monitored for shortcomings
- 30.01.2018NTRC makes decision on distributing AZN 3M among 5 TV channels
- 30.01.2018Keys to new apartments presented to journalists
- 30.01.2018Ali Hasanov: It’s wrong to compare foreign grants with Azerbaijani president’s support to media
- 23.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criticism over lack of press freedom in Azerbaijan ‘groundless’
- 19.01.2018AZN 3M allocated by Azerbaijani president to be evenly distributed among 5 private TV channels
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M to TV and radio broadcasters
- 30.12.2017APA launches Telegram bot
- 31.10.2017APA Holding, ISNA Agency sign cooperation agreement
- 31.10.2017APA Holding president gives interview to Iran’s Sahar TV channel
- 31.10.2017APA Holding president visited IRNA News Agency
- 31.10.2017APA Holding president meets with chairman of Iranian West Azerbaijan Province’s Press House
- 30.10.2017APA Holding and Iranian Huneronline sign cooperation agreement
- 30.10.2017President of APA Holding addresses media conference in Tehran