Swiss ambassador to Azerbaijan visits APA Holding
Ambassador of Switzerland to Azerbaijan Philip Stalder visited APA Holding on May 16.
After welcoming the Swiss ambassador, President of APA Holding Vusala Mahirgizi gave information about the company’s latest projects.
Mahirgizi underscored the need for further expansion of cooperation between Azerbaijan and Switzerland in various fields, including media.
Expressing gratitude to the ambassador for organizing the recent visit of a Swiss expert to Azerbaijan, the APA Holding president wished such initiatives to be lasting.
Mahirgizi went on to say that the media can play an important role in deepening relations between the two countries, expressing APA Holding’s willingness to support this work and cooperate with the Swiss embassy.
In his turn, Ambassador Stadler said that Switzerland and Azerbaijan enjoy friendly relations and closely cooperate in energy, tourism, pharmaceutical and other fields.
The diplomat said he is doing everything possible to deepen relations between Switzerland and Azerbaijan, noting that the absence of direct flights between the two countries is the biggest obstacle to mutual tourist trips.
Ambassador Stadler expressed satisfaction with the cooperation with the Azerbaijani media, including APA Holding and pointed out the possibility of implementing new joint projects.
The sides also exchanged views on other issues of mutual interest.
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani newspapers to receive one-time financial assistance
- 02.07.2018APA Holding Board of Directors holds meeting
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan NTRC announces date for terrestrial broadcasting of new TV channel
- 27.06.201810th anniversary of "Lent.az" and presentation of book dedicated to 100th anniversary of ADR held in Baku
- 01.06.2018Personnel reforms expected in ITV
- 01.06.2018Balakishi Gasimov elected ITV director general
- 30.05.2018Seven candidates submit documents for post of ITV director general
- 29.05.2018APA TV marks 5th anniversary
- 01.05.2018Presentation held for media project marking centenary of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amendments to rules on sponsorship advertising in media - UPDATED
- 20.04.2018Press Council chairman criticizes ombudsperson’s activity
- 20.04.2018Bulgarian diplomats visit APA Holding
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani parliamentary committee discusses amendments to law on public broadcasting
- 16.04.2018APA TV’s YouTube channel hits 150,000 subscribers
- 30.03.2018Rahim Namazov shot in France is not a journalist: Azerbaijani Press Council
- 16.03.2018Vesti.az information agency celebrating 9th anniversary
- 10.03.2018Ali Hasanov: People who fled Azerbaijan insults country’s symbols
- 10.03.2018Aflatun Amashov reelected chairman of Azerbaijani Press Council
- 10.03.2018Vusala Mahirgizi: Online media plays special role in ensuring Azerbaijan’s information and national security
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijani journalists must fight those opposing state and its symbols: professor
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijani Press Council’s chairman hails state support for media
- 10.03.2018Charter of Azerbaijani Press Council amended
- 10.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani media should keep national interests above all
- 10.03.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani Journalists kicks off
- 05.03.2018Real TV gets indefinite license for satellite broadcasting
- 05.03.2018APAsport Agency celebrates 11th anniversary
- 05.02.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani journalists to be held on March 10
- 01.02.2018MP Aflatun Amashov proposes changing legal status of Press Council
- 31.01.2018ANAS president: ANS vacating building of Institute of Zoology
- 31.01.2018Azerbaijani NTRC orders radio programs be monitored for shortcomings
- 30.01.2018NTRC makes decision on distributing AZN 3M among 5 TV channels
- 30.01.2018Keys to new apartments presented to journalists
- 30.01.2018Ali Hasanov: It’s wrong to compare foreign grants with Azerbaijani president’s support to media
- 23.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criticism over lack of press freedom in Azerbaijan ‘groundless’
- 19.01.2018AZN 3M allocated by Azerbaijani president to be evenly distributed among 5 private TV channels
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M to TV and radio broadcasters
- 30.12.2017APA launches Telegram bot
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan NTRC announces winner of competition for launch of new TV channel
- 21.12.2017Interfax-Azerbaijan director general dies aged 67
- 19.12.2017President İlham Aliyev signs decree to ensure AZERTAC`s activity
- 17.05.2018New appointment at Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 23.05.2018Georgian media representatives visit APA Holding
- 24.05.2018Russia’s St. Petersburg hosts media summit
- 14.05.2018NTRC: Balakishi Gasimov not elected ITV director general
- 10.05.2018Iranian journalists visit APA Holding
- 08.05.2018Editor-in-chief of Echo newspaper Rauf Talishinsky passes away