National Broadcasting Council releases information on suspension of broadcasting of ANS TV
Baku-APA. The National Broadcasting Council released information on the suspension of broadcasting of ANS TV.
Azerbaijani President has distinctly assessed recent developments in Turkey as a coup attempt, a grieve crime against Turkish statehood and people and Turkish people's will and choice, the council told APA.
President Ilham Aliyev has stated his support to Turkish state and people as well as the Turkish government elected by democratic ways by the Turkish citizens of and gave necessary instructions to the relevant state bodies.
The Azerbaijani public, civil society organizations expressing solidarity with the Turkish people strongly condemned the attempt to overthrow the legally elected authorities. However, the ANS TV channel took a position contrary to the spirit of brotherhood and strategic partnership between Azerbaijan and Turkey, conducting propaganda against the Turkish state and government, while expressing support for the organizer of a coup in Turkey, Fethullah Gülen.
Since the beginning of the events, ANS TV in its separate reportages has tried to create an impression that the events in Turkey are “the shows organized by the government” and to discredit measures taken by the Turkish authorities. The correspondent of TV channel in the United States interviewed the suspect in the attempted coup d'etat Fatullah Gulen and the interview has been announced via local and international mass media.
ANS TV has continued its activity on propagandizing terrorism, targeted the measures of the Turkish government to stabilize the situation, tried to justify the grieve crime resulted deaths of hundreds of people and made steps directed to deepen citizen confrontation in a the brotherly country although it was warned repeatedly.
Turkish authorities, the country's embassy in Azerbaijan have expressed deep concern about this, asking to take appropriate measures.
In accordance with Article 11 of the Law of the Azerbaijan Republic on Television and Radio broadcasting, as well as taking into account the appeal of the Prosecutor General of Azerbaijan, in order to prevent a provocation aimed at undermining strategic relations between Turkey and Azerbaijan the National Broadcasting Council made a decision on the temporary suspension of broadcasting of ANS TV channel.
NTRC will go to court on illegal activity of ANS, and a final decision will be made by the court.
Related news releases
- 17.05.2018New appointment at Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 16.05.2018Swiss ambassador to Azerbaijan visits APA Holding
- 14.05.2018NTRC: Balakishi Gasimov not elected ITV director general
- 10.05.2018Iranian journalists visit APA Holding
- 08.05.2018Editor-in-chief of Echo newspaper Rauf Talishinsky passes away
- 01.05.2018Presentation held for media project marking centenary of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amendments to rules on sponsorship advertising in media - UPDATED
- 20.04.2018Press Council chairman criticizes ombudsperson’s activity
- 20.04.2018Bulgarian diplomats visit APA Holding
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani parliamentary committee discusses amendments to law on public broadcasting
- 16.04.2018APA TV’s YouTube channel hits 150,000 subscribers
- 30.03.2018Rahim Namazov shot in France is not a journalist: Azerbaijani Press Council
- 16.03.2018Vesti.az information agency celebrating 9th anniversary
- 10.03.2018Ali Hasanov: People who fled Azerbaijan insults country’s symbols
- 10.03.2018Aflatun Amashov reelected chairman of Azerbaijani Press Council
- 10.03.2018Vusala Mahirgizi: Online media plays special role in ensuring Azerbaijan’s information and national security
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijani journalists must fight those opposing state and its symbols: professor
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijani Press Council’s chairman hails state support for media
- 10.03.2018Charter of Azerbaijani Press Council amended
- 10.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani media should keep national interests above all
- 10.03.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani Journalists kicks off
- 05.03.2018Real TV gets indefinite license for satellite broadcasting
- 05.03.2018APAsport Agency celebrates 11th anniversary
- 05.02.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani journalists to be held on March 10
- 01.02.2018MP Aflatun Amashov proposes changing legal status of Press Council
- 31.01.2018ANAS president: ANS vacating building of Institute of Zoology
- 31.01.2018Azerbaijani NTRC orders radio programs be monitored for shortcomings
- 30.01.2018NTRC makes decision on distributing AZN 3M among 5 TV channels
- 30.01.2018Keys to new apartments presented to journalists
- 30.01.2018Ali Hasanov: It’s wrong to compare foreign grants with Azerbaijani president’s support to media
- 23.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criticism over lack of press freedom in Azerbaijan ‘groundless’
- 19.01.2018AZN 3M allocated by Azerbaijani president to be evenly distributed among 5 private TV channels
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M to TV and radio broadcasters
- 30.12.2017APA launches Telegram bot
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan NTRC announces winner of competition for launch of new TV channel
- 21.12.2017Interfax-Azerbaijan director general dies aged 67
- 19.12.2017President İlham Aliyev signs decree to ensure AZERTAC`s activity
- 19.12.2017Court upholds Turan news agency’s claim against Baku Local Revenues Department
- 30.11.2017APA – main source of information about Azerbaijan for Georgian media
- 23.11.2017Famous Azerbaijani journalist passed away
- 19.07.2016ANS Group president, ANS TV channel director general summoned to prosecutor general’s office
- 19.07.2016Broadcasting of Azerbaijan’s ANS TV channel suspended for one month
- 19.07.2016Azerbaijani ANS radio’s license cancelled
- 18.07.2016ANS’s broadcasting stopped
- 13.07.2016While you don’t know your weak point, it will be difficult to be stronger - OPINION
- 08.07.2016OSCE media conference rejects Armenia’s anti-Azerbaijani proposal