Iranian journalists visit APA Holding
A group of journalists from Iran’s Mazandaran province visited APA Holding on May 10.
The spokesman for Iran’s Embassy in Baku, Mohammad Reza Najafi, said that the Iranian journalists held meetings with their Azerbaijani colleagues, as well as in the Press Council, and discussed mutual cooperation.
President of APA Holding, Vusala Mahirgizi said that relations between the two countries in the field of media are developing in a positive direction. She noted that APA Holding closely cooperates with Iran’s media outlets.
Recalling her participation in last year’s international media exhibition in Iran, Mahirgizi said she held several important meetings on the sidelines of the event, obtained information about the Iranian media and signed cooperation agreements with three media outlets.
She added that the relations between Iran and Azerbaijan in the sphere of media have been developing in recent years. However, Mahirgizi underscored the need to further enhance these relations and increase the number of mutual visits.
“Relations with the Azerbaijani people and state are built through an objective attitude towards the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. All media outlets that hold a fair position on the conflict are our friends. Unfortunately, some Iranian media outlets demonstrate an unfair position on this issue. Therefore, we are ready to cooperate with Iran’s media organizations and provide them with detailed information about the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict,” she added.
Later, the sides discussed the role of journalists in the development of tourism, the factor of social networks in media, freedom of journalists, increasing of their professional skills and other issues.
Mahirgizi said that media can play an important role in promoting mutual visits.
Mahirgizi noted that free access to social networks is provided in Azerbaijan.
Head of the department of Iran’s of Culture and Islamic Guidance in Mazandaran Hossein Shabahi, who is heading the group of Iranian journalists in Azerbaijan, thanked Mahirgizi for the meeting and expressed his confidence in further development of mutual relations.
The Iranian journalists then toured APA Holding.
- 24.05.2018Russia’s St. Petersburg hosts media summit
- 23.05.2018Georgian media representatives visit APA Holding
- 20.04.2018Press Council chairman criticizes ombudsperson’s activity
- 20.04.2018Bulgarian diplomats visit APA Holding
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani parliamentary committee discusses amendments to law on public broadcasting
- 16.04.2018APA TV’s YouTube channel hits 150,000 subscribers
- 30.03.2018Rahim Namazov shot in France is not a journalist: Azerbaijani Press Council
- 16.03.2018Vesti.az information agency celebrating 9th anniversary
- 10.03.2018Ali Hasanov: People who fled Azerbaijan insults country’s symbols
- 10.03.2018Aflatun Amashov reelected chairman of Azerbaijani Press Council
- 10.03.2018Vusala Mahirgizi: Online media plays special role in ensuring Azerbaijan’s information and national security
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijani journalists must fight those opposing state and its symbols: professor
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijani Press Council’s chairman hails state support for media
- 10.03.2018Charter of Azerbaijani Press Council amended
- 10.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani media should keep national interests above all
- 10.03.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani Journalists kicks off
- 05.03.2018Real TV gets indefinite license for satellite broadcasting
- 05.03.2018APAsport Agency celebrates 11th anniversary
- 05.02.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani journalists to be held on March 10
- 01.02.2018MP Aflatun Amashov proposes changing legal status of Press Council
- 31.01.2018ANAS president: ANS vacating building of Institute of Zoology
- 31.01.2018Azerbaijani NTRC orders radio programs be monitored for shortcomings
- 30.01.2018NTRC makes decision on distributing AZN 3M among 5 TV channels
- 30.01.2018Keys to new apartments presented to journalists
- 30.01.2018Ali Hasanov: It’s wrong to compare foreign grants with Azerbaijani president’s support to media
- 23.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criticism over lack of press freedom in Azerbaijan ‘groundless’
- 19.01.2018AZN 3M allocated by Azerbaijani president to be evenly distributed among 5 private TV channels
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M to TV and radio broadcasters
- 30.12.2017APA launches Telegram bot
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan NTRC announces winner of competition for launch of new TV channel
- 21.12.2017Interfax-Azerbaijan director general dies aged 67
- 19.12.2017President İlham Aliyev signs decree to ensure AZERTAC`s activity
- 19.12.2017Court upholds Turan news agency’s claim against Baku Local Revenues Department
- 30.11.2017APA – main source of information about Azerbaijan for Georgian media
- 23.11.2017Famous Azerbaijani journalist passed away
- 16.11.2017APA now available on Facebook Messenger
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan to impose new fines for violation of rules for dissemination of info on Internet
- 16.11.2017APA Information Agency celebrates 13th anniversary
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan Public Television and Radio Broadcasting Company sends letter to EBU
- 14.11.2017New director general of CBC TV channel appointed
- 14.05.2018NTRC: Balakishi Gasimov not elected ITV director general
- 16.05.2018Swiss ambassador to Azerbaijan visits APA Holding
- 17.05.2018New appointment at Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 08.05.2018Editor-in-chief of Echo newspaper Rauf Talishinsky passes away
- 01.05.2018Presentation held for media project marking centenary of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amendments to rules on sponsorship advertising in media - UPDATED