Documents required of journalists for new apartments specified
A new commission has been created for determining rules and terms for new apartments meant for journalists in Azerbaijan.
Vugar Safarli, executive director of the Fund of State Support for the Development of Mass Media under the Azerbaijani President told a press conference on Tuesday, APA reported.
The commission is made up of 3 persons from the Fund of State Support for the Development of Mass Media (Vugar Safarli, Mushfiq Alasgarli, Samir Mustafayev), the National Television and Radio Council (Nushiravan Maharramli, Nemat Javadov, Aygun Mehdiyeva), and the Press Council (Aflatun Amashov, Vugar Rahimzade, Aydin Guliyev) each.
Vugar Safarli is the chairman of the commission.
During the conference, the documents required of journalists for new apartments were specified
The documents include a copy of national ID card, a copy of work-book, a family composition certificate, a document on the protocol confirming candidacy, the application from the State Service of Registration for Real Estate on the candidate, his housing condition of his/her spouse and children, and the candidate’s autobiography (present address and contact number included).
The submitted documents should show a candidate meets the criteria for improvement of the living conditions. The advantage will be given to criteria such as merits in the development of journalism, professionalism, housing need, etc.
Veteran journalists, who made a contribution to the development of journalism in Azerbaijan, can individually apply to the commission in accordance with the relevant rules and conditions. Media outlets, blacklisted by the Press Council and warned by the Prosecutor General’s Office, will not be able to nominate their candidates.
The documents must be submitted to the commission from May 22 to June 22. The commission is to present the documents to the Presidential Administration by June 30.
The new building for journalists, which is under construction, will be commissioned on July 22.
Related news releases
- 17.05.2018New appointment at Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 16.05.2018Swiss ambassador to Azerbaijan visits APA Holding
- 14.05.2018NTRC: Balakishi Gasimov not elected ITV director general
- 10.05.2018Iranian journalists visit APA Holding
- 08.05.2018Editor-in-chief of Echo newspaper Rauf Talishinsky passes away
- 01.05.2018Presentation held for media project marking centenary of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amendments to rules on sponsorship advertising in media - UPDATED
- 20.04.2018Press Council chairman criticizes ombudsperson’s activity
- 20.04.2018Bulgarian diplomats visit APA Holding
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani parliamentary committee discusses amendments to law on public broadcasting
- 16.04.2018APA TV’s YouTube channel hits 150,000 subscribers
- 30.03.2018Rahim Namazov shot in France is not a journalist: Azerbaijani Press Council
- 16.03.2018Vesti.az information agency celebrating 9th anniversary
- 10.03.2018Ali Hasanov: People who fled Azerbaijan insults country’s symbols
- 10.03.2018Aflatun Amashov reelected chairman of Azerbaijani Press Council
- 10.03.2018Vusala Mahirgizi: Online media plays special role in ensuring Azerbaijan’s information and national security
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijani journalists must fight those opposing state and its symbols: professor
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijani Press Council’s chairman hails state support for media
- 10.03.2018Charter of Azerbaijani Press Council amended
- 10.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani media should keep national interests above all
- 10.03.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani Journalists kicks off
- 05.03.2018Real TV gets indefinite license for satellite broadcasting
- 05.03.2018APAsport Agency celebrates 11th anniversary
- 05.02.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani journalists to be held on March 10
- 01.02.2018MP Aflatun Amashov proposes changing legal status of Press Council
- 31.01.2018ANAS president: ANS vacating building of Institute of Zoology
- 31.01.2018Azerbaijani NTRC orders radio programs be monitored for shortcomings
- 30.01.2018NTRC makes decision on distributing AZN 3M among 5 TV channels
- 30.01.2018Keys to new apartments presented to journalists
- 30.01.2018Ali Hasanov: It’s wrong to compare foreign grants with Azerbaijani president’s support to media
- 23.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criticism over lack of press freedom in Azerbaijan ‘groundless’
- 19.01.2018AZN 3M allocated by Azerbaijani president to be evenly distributed among 5 private TV channels
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M to TV and radio broadcasters
- 30.12.2017APA launches Telegram bot
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan NTRC announces winner of competition for launch of new TV channel
- 21.12.2017Interfax-Azerbaijan director general dies aged 67
- 19.12.2017President İlham Aliyev signs decree to ensure AZERTAC`s activity
- 19.12.2017Court upholds Turan news agency’s claim against Baku Local Revenues Department
- 30.11.2017APA – main source of information about Azerbaijan for Georgian media
- 23.11.2017Famous Azerbaijani journalist passed away
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijani MP calls for strict punishment for violation of law on internet TV channels
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijani MP says necessary to create conditions for cable broadcasting of internet TV channels
- 26.05.2017APA Holding, ASAN radio sign MoU for cooperation
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan announces rules and terms for providing journalists with new apartments
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijani journalists to be given new apartments on 22 July
- 08.05.2017Azerbaijan determines who can own cable networks