Delegation led by Iranian deputy minister visits APA Holding
A delegation led by Deputy Minister for Press and Information of Iran’s Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance Hossein Entezami visited APA Holding LLC on Tuesday.
APA Holding President Vusala Mahirgizi welcomed the guests and gave them information about the company.
Stressing the importance of close relations between Azerbaijan and Iran, Mrs. Mahirgizi hailed media’s significant role in further strengthening of mutual cooperation. She noted that this line is a priority for the company and mentioned that APA opened its bureau in Iran some time ago.
Mahirgizi said APA is in close cooperation with Iran’s concerned bodies, as well as the country’s embassy in Azerbaijan, noting that the company is ready to implement new projects in order to strengthen this cooperation even further. She outlined that establishment of cooperation between the two countries’ media outlets, as well as think tanks, will lead to further rapprochement between the two countries.
“We think that each meeting brings us further closer to each other,” she added.
In his turn, Entezami said he is informed about the activity of APA Agency, stressing that cooperation between media agencies of the two countries will significantly contribute to the common cause.
The deputy minister noted that one of the priorities of the government of President Hassan Rouhani is aimed at the development of ties among media agencies.
“Therefore, the number of foreign media agencies’ offices in Tehran has increased by 40% over the past 4 years”, he said.
Expressing Iran’s interest in expanding relations with Azerbaijan in all fields, Entezami said that all necessary steps are being taken in this regard.
“Iran and Azerbaijan have much in common. We feel like home here. Our cultures and ways of life are very similar. Unbreakable bonds connect our nations. Media can play an important role in further strengthening these relations. Therefore, we can only welcome the close cooperation of APA and other media outlets of Azerbaijan with Iran’s agencies,” he added.
The deputy minister expressed his readiness to consider the proposals voiced during the meeting and take all necessary measures to realize them.
The sides also exchanged views on other issues of mutual interest.
- 21.09.2017Iranian ambassador to Azerbaijan visits APA Holding
- 19.09.2017Prosecutor General’s Office: No restrictive measures against Turan Information Agency
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijani Ministry of Taxes re-imposes tax sanction on Turan news agency
- 16.09.2017Ministry of Taxes lifts tax sanction against Turan agency
- 13.09.2017Eastern Partnership Media Conference kicks off in Kyiv
- 11.09.2017OSCE welcomes release of Mehman Aliyev
- 11.09.2017Press Council: Mehman Aliyev’s release another example of Azerbaijani president’s sensitive attitude towards media
- 25.08.2017Azerbaijani Press Council appeals to president regarding Mehman Aliyev
- 07.08.2017‘Lent.az’ journalist visits North Korea
- 22.07.2017Ali Hasanov: President had deep impressions of meeting with journalists
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijan marks 142nd anniversary of national press
- 20.07.2017President: Number of false, unbiased pieces of information dramatically increased in Azerbaijani media
- 20.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives “Friend of Journalists” award
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani president: Journalists are my assistants
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Int’l public opinion on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict changed
- 20.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends inauguration of second building for journalists
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates lump sum financial assistance to local newspapers
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 5 million for construction of new building for journalists
- 31.05.2017Heads of media outlets visit Nakhchivan
- 29.05.2017APA TV marks its 4th birthday
- 26.05.2017APA Holding, ASAN radio sign MoU for cooperation
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijani MP says necessary to create conditions for cable broadcasting of internet TV channels
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijani MP calls for strict punishment for violation of law on internet TV channels
- 16.05.2017Documents required of journalists for new apartments specified
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan announces rules and terms for providing journalists with new apartments
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijani journalists to be given new apartments on 22 July
- 08.05.2017Azerbaijan determines who can own cable networks
- 05.05.20174th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue underway in Baku
- 03.05.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Ukraine addresses Azerbaijani media
- 03.05.2017UK ambassador holds meeting with media representatives
- 02.05.2017Tbilisi hosts media seminar on land degradation neutrality in South Caucasus
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijani court holds hearing over blocking of some websites
- 24.04.2017Candidates for ITV Director General named
- 20.04.2017Journalists suffer violence, intimidation and self-censorship in Europe, says CoE study
- 14.04.2017New members elected to ITV Broadcasting Council
- 07.04.2017Azerbaijan adds new paragraph to Civil Procedure Code’s article on cases considered by courts in separate proceedings
- 05.04.2017Azerbaijan creating conditions for people to file lawsuit for suspension of online information resources
- 05.04.2017New candidates nominated for ITV Broadcasting Council membership
- 16.03.2017Vesti.az information agency marks 8th anniversary
- 10.03.2017MP: Internet space should be regulated to ensure Azerbaijan’s information security
- 14.07.2017Groundbreaking ceremony of third building for journalists in Azerbaijan to take place on July 21
- 18.07.2017Vugar Safarli: Third building meant for journalists too will have 255 apartments
- 19.07.2017APA Holding, Code Academy sign agreement on strategic cooperation
- 13.06.2017Vugar Safarli re-appointed executive director of Fund of State Support for Mass Media Development
- 05.06.2017Members appointed at Supervisory Board of Fund of State Support for Development of Mass Media
- 05.06.2017APA Holding unveils redesigned website