Delegation led by Iranian deputy minister visits APA Holding
A delegation led by Deputy Minister for Press and Information of Iran’s Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance Hossein Entezami visited APA Holding LLC on Tuesday.
APA Holding President Vusala Mahirgizi welcomed the guests and gave them information about the company.
Stressing the importance of close relations between Azerbaijan and Iran, Mrs. Mahirgizi hailed media’s significant role in further strengthening of mutual cooperation. She noted that this line is a priority for the company and mentioned that APA opened its bureau in Iran some time ago.
Mahirgizi said APA is in close cooperation with Iran’s concerned bodies, as well as the country’s embassy in Azerbaijan, noting that the company is ready to implement new projects in order to strengthen this cooperation even further. She outlined that establishment of cooperation between the two countries’ media outlets, as well as think tanks, will lead to further rapprochement between the two countries.
“We think that each meeting brings us further closer to each other,” she added.
In his turn, Entezami said he is informed about the activity of APA Agency, stressing that cooperation between media agencies of the two countries will significantly contribute to the common cause.
The deputy minister noted that one of the priorities of the government of President Hassan Rouhani is aimed at the development of ties among media agencies.
“Therefore, the number of foreign media agencies’ offices in Tehran has increased by 40% over the past 4 years”, he said.
Expressing Iran’s interest in expanding relations with Azerbaijan in all fields, Entezami said that all necessary steps are being taken in this regard.
“Iran and Azerbaijan have much in common. We feel like home here. Our cultures and ways of life are very similar. Unbreakable bonds connect our nations. Media can play an important role in further strengthening these relations. Therefore, we can only welcome the close cooperation of APA and other media outlets of Azerbaijan with Iran’s agencies,” he added.
The deputy minister expressed his readiness to consider the proposals voiced during the meeting and take all necessary measures to realize them.
The sides also exchanged views on other issues of mutual interest.
- 23.05.2018Georgian media representatives visit APA Holding
- 17.05.2018New appointment at Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 16.05.2018Swiss ambassador to Azerbaijan visits APA Holding
- 14.05.2018NTRC: Balakishi Gasimov not elected ITV director general
- 10.05.2018Iranian journalists visit APA Holding
- 08.05.2018Editor-in-chief of Echo newspaper Rauf Talishinsky passes away
- 01.05.2018Presentation held for media project marking centenary of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amendments to rules on sponsorship advertising in media - UPDATED
- 20.04.2018Press Council chairman criticizes ombudsperson’s activity
- 20.04.2018Bulgarian diplomats visit APA Holding
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani parliamentary committee discusses amendments to law on public broadcasting
- 16.04.2018APA TV’s YouTube channel hits 150,000 subscribers
- 30.03.2018Rahim Namazov shot in France is not a journalist: Azerbaijani Press Council
- 16.03.2018Vesti.az information agency celebrating 9th anniversary
- 10.03.2018Ali Hasanov: People who fled Azerbaijan insults country’s symbols
- 10.03.2018Aflatun Amashov reelected chairman of Azerbaijani Press Council
- 10.03.2018Vusala Mahirgizi: Online media plays special role in ensuring Azerbaijan’s information and national security
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijani journalists must fight those opposing state and its symbols: professor
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijani Press Council’s chairman hails state support for media
- 10.03.2018Charter of Azerbaijani Press Council amended
- 10.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani media should keep national interests above all
- 10.03.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani Journalists kicks off
- 05.03.2018Real TV gets indefinite license for satellite broadcasting
- 05.03.2018APAsport Agency celebrates 11th anniversary
- 05.02.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani journalists to be held on March 10
- 01.02.2018MP Aflatun Amashov proposes changing legal status of Press Council
- 31.01.2018ANAS president: ANS vacating building of Institute of Zoology
- 31.01.2018Azerbaijani NTRC orders radio programs be monitored for shortcomings
- 30.01.2018NTRC makes decision on distributing AZN 3M among 5 TV channels
- 30.01.2018Keys to new apartments presented to journalists
- 30.01.2018Ali Hasanov: It’s wrong to compare foreign grants with Azerbaijani president’s support to media
- 23.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criticism over lack of press freedom in Azerbaijan ‘groundless’
- 19.01.2018AZN 3M allocated by Azerbaijani president to be evenly distributed among 5 private TV channels
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M to TV and radio broadcasters
- 30.12.2017APA launches Telegram bot
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan NTRC announces winner of competition for launch of new TV channel
- 21.12.2017Interfax-Azerbaijan director general dies aged 67
- 19.12.2017President İlham Aliyev signs decree to ensure AZERTAC`s activity
- 19.12.2017Court upholds Turan news agency’s claim against Baku Local Revenues Department
- 30.11.2017APA – main source of information about Azerbaijan for Georgian media
- 14.07.2017Groundbreaking ceremony of third building for journalists in Azerbaijan to take place on July 21
- 18.07.2017Vugar Safarli: Third building meant for journalists too will have 255 apartments
- 19.07.2017APA Holding, Code Academy sign agreement on strategic cooperation
- 13.06.2017Vugar Safarli re-appointed executive director of Fund of State Support for Mass Media Development
- 05.06.2017Members appointed at Supervisory Board of Fund of State Support for Development of Mass Media
- 05.06.2017APA Holding unveils redesigned website