Bulgarian diplomats visit APA Holding
First Secretary of Bulgaria’s Embassy in Azerbaijan Yanko Yanakiev and Head of the embassy’s Trade and Economy Mission Ilian Kostov visited APA Holding on April 20.
President of APA Holding Vusala Mahirgizi informed the guests about the company and its subsidiaries.
Nevertheless, she expressed regret about the weakness of relations between Azerbaijani and Bulgarian media outlets and noted that this creates problems for the development of bilateral relations in various fields. Mahirgizi emphasized the important role of the media in identifying and promoting promising areas of cooperation between the two countries, adding that APA Holding is always ready to contribute to this cause.
Yanko Yanakiev, in his turn, said Azerbaijan is of huge importance to Bulgaria, expressing contentment with bilateral relations having reached the level of strategic partnership. Hailing the high level of political relations between the two countries, the diplomat said that it should manifest itself in economic relations as well.
Ilian Kostov also accentuated the importance of further developing economic relations between the two countries, adding that the media has a large role to play in this area.
Kostov pointed out the importance of opening a direct flight from Baku to Sofia. He said that citizens of Azerbaijan and Bulgaria have an important role in promoting mutual understanding between our countries and fostering promising areas.
He underlined that cooperation between the two countries on the energy, agriculture, tourism and other spheres is a priority.
The sides went on to exchange views on a number of issues of mutual interest.
- 18.07.2018MFA spokesman condemns media organizations conducting anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 18.07.2018Hikmat Hajiyev: Media industry formed in Azerbaijan
- 18.07.2018Number of registered media outlets in Azerbaijan announced
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani newspapers to receive one-time financial assistance
- 02.07.2018APA Holding Board of Directors holds meeting
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan NTRC announces date for terrestrial broadcasting of new TV channel
- 27.06.201810th anniversary of "Lent.az" and presentation of book dedicated to 100th anniversary of ADR held in Baku
- 01.06.2018Personnel reforms expected in ITV
- 01.06.2018Balakishi Gasimov elected ITV director general
- 30.05.2018Seven candidates submit documents for post of ITV director general
- 29.05.2018APA TV marks 5th anniversary
- 24.05.2018Russia’s St. Petersburg hosts media summit
- 23.05.2018Georgian media representatives visit APA Holding
- 17.05.2018New appointment at Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 16.05.2018Swiss ambassador to Azerbaijan visits APA Holding
- 14.05.2018NTRC: Balakishi Gasimov not elected ITV director general
- 10.05.2018Iranian journalists visit APA Holding
- 08.05.2018Editor-in-chief of Echo newspaper Rauf Talishinsky passes away
- 16.03.2018Vesti.az information agency celebrating 9th anniversary
- 10.03.2018Ali Hasanov: People who fled Azerbaijan insults country’s symbols
- 10.03.2018Aflatun Amashov reelected chairman of Azerbaijani Press Council
- 10.03.2018Vusala Mahirgizi: Online media plays special role in ensuring Azerbaijan’s information and national security
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijani journalists must fight those opposing state and its symbols: professor
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijani Press Council’s chairman hails state support for media
- 10.03.2018Charter of Azerbaijani Press Council amended
- 10.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani media should keep national interests above all
- 10.03.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani Journalists kicks off
- 05.03.2018Real TV gets indefinite license for satellite broadcasting
- 05.03.2018APAsport Agency celebrates 11th anniversary
- 05.02.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani journalists to be held on March 10
- 01.02.2018MP Aflatun Amashov proposes changing legal status of Press Council
- 31.01.2018ANAS president: ANS vacating building of Institute of Zoology
- 31.01.2018Azerbaijani NTRC orders radio programs be monitored for shortcomings
- 30.01.2018NTRC makes decision on distributing AZN 3M among 5 TV channels
- 30.01.2018Keys to new apartments presented to journalists
- 30.01.2018Ali Hasanov: It’s wrong to compare foreign grants with Azerbaijani president’s support to media
- 23.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criticism over lack of press freedom in Azerbaijan ‘groundless’
- 19.01.2018AZN 3M allocated by Azerbaijani president to be evenly distributed among 5 private TV channels
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M to TV and radio broadcasters
- 30.12.2017APA launches Telegram bot
- 20.04.2018Press Council chairman criticizes ombudsperson’s activity
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amendments to rules on sponsorship advertising in media - UPDATED
- 01.05.2018Presentation held for media project marking centenary of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani parliamentary committee discusses amendments to law on public broadcasting
- 16.04.2018APA TV’s YouTube channel hits 150,000 subscribers
- 30.03.2018Rahim Namazov shot in France is not a journalist: Azerbaijani Press Council