President Ilham Aliyev attends inauguration of second building for journalists
President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev attended the opening ceremony of a newly-built building for journalists in Sabail district, Baku July 20.
Assistant to the President of Azerbaijan for Public and Political Issues Ali Hasanov, Executive Director of the Fund of State Support to the Development of Mass Media Vugar Safarli and chairman of Azerbaijan Press Council Aflatun Amashov informed the head of state that there are 255 apartments in the building.
The total area of the 17-storey building, which was constructed under the Order of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan "On Additional Measures to Strengthen Social Protection of Azerbaijani Media Workers" dated July 22, 2013, is 34,000 square meters. The building has nine one-room, 144 two-room, 93 three-room, and 9 four-room apartments. There is a playground in the yard of the building, where extensive landscaping work was done.
President Ilham Aliyev then met with media representatives.
The head of state made a speech at the event.
Aflatun Amashov, Chairman of the Press Council, expressed his gratitude to President Ilham Aliyev for the attention and care he provides to media representatives. He then presented to the president the "Friend of Journalists" prize.
President Ilham Aliyev then cut the ribbon symbolizing the opening of the building. The head of state viewed the conditions created in three-room and four-room apartments.
Six employees of APA Holding are also among those provided apartments by the state.
Related news releases
- 21.09.2017Iranian ambassador to Azerbaijan visits APA Holding
- 19.09.2017Prosecutor General’s Office: No restrictive measures against Turan Information Agency
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijani Ministry of Taxes re-imposes tax sanction on Turan news agency
- 16.09.2017Ministry of Taxes lifts tax sanction against Turan agency
- 13.09.2017Eastern Partnership Media Conference kicks off in Kyiv
- 11.09.2017OSCE welcomes release of Mehman Aliyev
- 11.09.2017Press Council: Mehman Aliyev’s release another example of Azerbaijani president’s sensitive attitude towards media
- 25.08.2017Azerbaijani Press Council appeals to president regarding Mehman Aliyev
- 07.08.2017‘Lent.az’ journalist visits North Korea
- 22.07.2017Ali Hasanov: President had deep impressions of meeting with journalists
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijan marks 142nd anniversary of national press
- 20.07.2017President: Number of false, unbiased pieces of information dramatically increased in Azerbaijani media
- 18.07.2017Vugar Safarli: Third building meant for journalists too will have 255 apartments
- 14.07.2017Groundbreaking ceremony of third building for journalists in Azerbaijan to take place on July 21
- 11.07.2017Delegation led by Iranian deputy minister visits APA Holding
- 13.06.2017Vugar Safarli re-appointed executive director of Fund of State Support for Mass Media Development
- 05.06.2017Members appointed at Supervisory Board of Fund of State Support for Development of Mass Media
- 05.06.2017APA Holding unveils redesigned website
- 31.05.2017Heads of media outlets visit Nakhchivan
- 29.05.2017APA TV marks its 4th birthday
- 26.05.2017APA Holding, ASAN radio sign MoU for cooperation
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijani MP says necessary to create conditions for cable broadcasting of internet TV channels
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijani MP calls for strict punishment for violation of law on internet TV channels
- 16.05.2017Documents required of journalists for new apartments specified
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan announces rules and terms for providing journalists with new apartments
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijani journalists to be given new apartments on 22 July
- 08.05.2017Azerbaijan determines who can own cable networks
- 05.05.20174th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue underway in Baku
- 03.05.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Ukraine addresses Azerbaijani media
- 03.05.2017UK ambassador holds meeting with media representatives
- 02.05.2017Tbilisi hosts media seminar on land degradation neutrality in South Caucasus
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijani court holds hearing over blocking of some websites
- 24.04.2017Candidates for ITV Director General named
- 20.04.2017Journalists suffer violence, intimidation and self-censorship in Europe, says CoE study
- 14.04.2017New members elected to ITV Broadcasting Council
- 07.04.2017Azerbaijan adds new paragraph to Civil Procedure Code’s article on cases considered by courts in separate proceedings
- 05.04.2017Azerbaijan creating conditions for people to file lawsuit for suspension of online information resources
- 05.04.2017New candidates nominated for ITV Broadcasting Council membership
- 16.03.2017Vesti.az information agency marks 8th anniversary
- 10.03.2017MP: Internet space should be regulated to ensure Azerbaijan’s information security
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Int’l public opinion on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict changed
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani president: Journalists are my assistants
- 20.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives “Friend of Journalists” award
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates lump sum financial assistance to local newspapers
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 5 million for construction of new building for journalists
- 19.07.2017APA Holding, Code Academy sign agreement on strategic cooperation