Azerbaijani NTRC orders radio programs be monitored for shortcomings
There are some concerns about radio broadcasts in Azerbaijan, Tavakkul Dadashov, head of the Expertise, Programming and Analytical Department of the National Television and Radio Council (NTRC) said in response to APA’s inquiry.
“Both the monitoring team's observations and public reactions show that nothing is in order for radio broadcasters to work,” he said.
The department head also clarified the main problems in the work of radio broadcasters.
"Some of the main problems have to do with the speeches of some radio hosts, as well as discussions on morally offensive topics and failure to comply with ethical rules in communication with listeners. In addition, there are also some problems with radio programs' software policies. The legislation on TV and Radio Broadcasting reflects a number of roles of the radio. One of them is that too much broadcasting of programs of the same style should be avoided. However, unfortunately, a number of radio broadcasters consider their work sufficient, filling the air with music and news. Radio broadcasters should provide a variety of programs and pay more attention to educational work,” he said.
Dadashov also stressed the need for professional selection of music by radio broadcasters.
The department head said that the NTRC leadership has instructed the monitoring group to tighten monitoring of radio programs and conduct a comprehensive analysis in this regard.
“The results of the monitoring will be announced in the second half of March,” he added.
Related news releases
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani parliamentary committee discusses amendments to law on public broadcasting
- 16.04.2018APA TV’s YouTube channel hits 150,000 subscribers
- 30.03.2018Rahim Namazov shot in France is not a journalist: Azerbaijani Press Council
- 16.03.2018Vesti.az information agency celebrating 9th anniversary
- 10.03.2018Ali Hasanov: People who fled Azerbaijan insults country’s symbols
- 10.03.2018Aflatun Amashov reelected chairman of Azerbaijani Press Council
- 10.03.2018Vusala Mahirgizi: Online media plays special role in ensuring Azerbaijan’s information and national security
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijani journalists must fight those opposing state and its symbols: professor
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijani Press Council’s chairman hails state support for media
- 10.03.2018Charter of Azerbaijani Press Council amended
- 10.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani media should keep national interests above all
- 10.03.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani Journalists kicks off
- 05.03.2018Real TV gets indefinite license for satellite broadcasting
- 05.03.2018APAsport Agency celebrates 11th anniversary
- 23.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criticism over lack of press freedom in Azerbaijan ‘groundless’
- 19.01.2018AZN 3M allocated by Azerbaijani president to be evenly distributed among 5 private TV channels
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M to TV and radio broadcasters
- 30.12.2017APA launches Telegram bot
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan NTRC announces winner of competition for launch of new TV channel
- 21.12.2017Interfax-Azerbaijan director general dies aged 67
- 19.12.2017President İlham Aliyev signs decree to ensure AZERTAC`s activity
- 19.12.2017Court upholds Turan news agency’s claim against Baku Local Revenues Department
- 30.11.2017APA – main source of information about Azerbaijan for Georgian media
- 23.11.2017Famous Azerbaijani journalist passed away
- 16.11.2017APA now available on Facebook Messenger
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan to impose new fines for violation of rules for dissemination of info on Internet
- 16.11.2017APA Information Agency celebrates 13th anniversary
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan Public Television and Radio Broadcasting Company sends letter to EBU
- 14.11.2017New director general of CBC TV channel appointed
- 14.11.2017NTRC to hold competition for creation of new TV channel
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani Press Council chairman speaks out against glorification of criminals in media
- 02.11.2017OSCE welcomes dropping of criminal charges against Mehman Aliyev and Turan News Agency
- 31.10.2017APA Holding president visited IRNA News Agency
- 31.10.2017APA Holding president gives interview to Iran’s Sahar TV channel
- 31.10.2017APA Holding, ISNA Agency sign cooperation agreement
- 31.10.2017Vusala Mahirgizi: We expect Iranian media to disseminate authentic information about Karabakh conflict
- 31.10.2017APA Holding president meets with chairman of Iranian West Azerbaijan Province’s Press House
- 30.10.2017APA Holding and Iranian Huneronline sign cooperation agreement
- 30.10.2017President of APA Holding addresses media conference in Tehran
- 30.10.2017APA Holding and Iran’s Nasle Farda sign cooperation agreement
- 31.01.2018ANAS president: ANS vacating building of Institute of Zoology
- 01.02.2018MP Aflatun Amashov proposes changing legal status of Press Council
- 05.02.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani journalists to be held on March 10
- 30.01.2018NTRC makes decision on distributing AZN 3M among 5 TV channels
- 30.01.2018Keys to new apartments presented to journalists
- 30.01.2018Ali Hasanov: It’s wrong to compare foreign grants with Azerbaijani president’s support to media