Azerbaijani MP urges some local media outlets not to succumb to Armenian provocations
Azerbaijani MP, Chairman of the Press Council Aflatun Amashov has urged some media outlets not to succumb to Armenian provocations.
Speaking to APA, the MP accused some local media outlets of succumbing to Armenian provocations and helping the enemy reach its goal.
Amashov was commenting on the statement of protest made by the Press Council in relation to the dissemination by some local news websites of the Armenian-prepared video footage showing some Azerbaijani soldiers lying dead.
According to him, the Azerbaijani have also been affected by the provocation committed by the Armenian army on the night from February 24 to 25.
“Our observations give ground to say that some news websites seem to be created for a period of tension and are of seasonal character. There were also several websites which admitted to acting in haste in order to gain popularity in any form,” he added.
Amashov stressed that media should serve as a means of generating public enthusiasm in times of war.
The Press Council chairman once again urged journalists to treat the question delicately.
He went on to say that the relevant bodies have already been appealed with regard to the activities of these media outlets.
“The issue will be seriously investigated. Such media outlets will be brought to justice. No one should doubt it,” he said.
Related news releases
- 16.11.2017APA now available on Facebook Messenger
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan to impose new fines for violation of rules for dissemination of info on Internet
- 16.11.2017APA Information Agency celebrates 13th anniversary
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan Public Television and Radio Broadcasting Company sends letter to EBU
- 14.11.2017New director general of CBC TV channel appointed
- 14.11.2017NTRC to hold competition for creation of new TV channel
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani Press Council chairman speaks out against glorification of criminals in media
- 02.11.2017OSCE welcomes dropping of criminal charges against Mehman Aliyev and Turan News Agency
- 31.10.2017APA Holding president visited IRNA News Agency
- 31.10.2017APA Holding president gives interview to Iran’s Sahar TV channel
- 31.10.2017APA Holding, ISNA Agency sign cooperation agreement
- 31.10.2017Vusala Mahirgizi: We expect Iranian media to disseminate authentic information about Karabakh conflict
- 31.10.2017APA Holding president meets with chairman of Iranian West Azerbaijan Province’s Press House
- 30.10.2017APA Holding and Iranian Huneronline sign cooperation agreement
- 30.10.2017President of APA Holding addresses media conference in Tehran
- 30.10.2017APA Holding and Iran’s Nasle Farda sign cooperation agreement
- 28.10.2017Vusala Mahirgizi meets with heads of Iranian news agencies
- 28.10.2017APA Holding president meets with director general of Iranian Culture and Islamic Guidance Ministry’s Foreign Media Department
- 28.10.201723rd Int’l Press Exhibition officially inaugurated in Tehran
- 20.10.2017NTRC grants satellite broadcast license to one TV channel, IP TV broadcast to 10 companies
- 07.10.2017Press Council holds monitoring at rally
- 06.10.2017Ali Hasanov: Turkish TV series were resulting in Turkish language outdoing Azerbaijani
- 06.10.2017Ali Hasanov: Thankfully, that TV channel no longer exists
- 30.09.2017No restrictions on activity of Turan news agency: prosecutor general
- 26.09.2017ATV channel president: Programmes are being reviewed
- 26.09.2017ATV channel president dismissed
- 21.09.2017Iranian ambassador to Azerbaijan visits APA Holding
- 19.09.2017Prosecutor General’s Office: No restrictive measures against Turan Information Agency
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijani Ministry of Taxes re-imposes tax sanction on Turan news agency
- 16.09.2017Ministry of Taxes lifts tax sanction against Turan agency
- 13.09.2017Eastern Partnership Media Conference kicks off in Kyiv
- 11.09.2017OSCE welcomes release of Mehman Aliyev
- 11.09.2017Press Council: Mehman Aliyev’s release another example of Azerbaijani president’s sensitive attitude towards media
- 25.08.2017Azerbaijani Press Council appeals to president regarding Mehman Aliyev
- 07.08.2017‘Lent.az’ journalist visits North Korea
- 22.07.2017Ali Hasanov: President had deep impressions of meeting with journalists
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijan marks 142nd anniversary of national press
- 20.07.2017President: Number of false, unbiased pieces of information dramatically increased in Azerbaijani media
- 20.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives “Friend of Journalists” award
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani president: Journalists are my assistants
- 05.03.2017APAsport Agency celebrates 10th anniversary
- 10.03.2017MP: Internet space should be regulated to ensure Azerbaijan’s information security
- 16.03.2017Vesti.az information agency marks 8th anniversary
- 28.02.2017Press Council appeals to internet information resources
- 25.02.2017Press Council calls on media about situation on frontline
- 21.02.2017Agreement reached on resuming broadcast of Turkey’s TRT 1 channel in Azerbaijan