Azerbaijan to impose new fines for violation of rules for dissemination of info on Internet
Azerbaijani legislators have worked out new fines against the publishing of information on the Internet which is not permitted by the owner of an Internet information resource or its domain name to be disseminated on the Internet. A fine will also be levied for a failure to prevent the dissemination of such pieces of information.
The addition of a new article (388-1) to the Code of Administrative Offences was discussed Thursday during the parliamentary committee on culture, APA reported.
Under the proposed article, individuals shall face a fine of AZN 500 to 1,000, while officials and legal entities shall face a fine of AZN 1,000 to 1,500 and AZN 1,500 to 2,000 respectively.
It is also pointed out that the aforementioned fines will be imposed for the publishing on the Internet of any type of information prohibited under the law on information, informatization, and protection of information.
In addition, officials will be fined in the amount of AZN 1,500 to 2,000, and legal entities in the amount of AZN 2,000 to 2,500 for non-restriction of application to the internet information resource by the host provider and internet providers immediately after inclusion of the Internet information resource into the “list of information resources with the information prohibited from dissemination”.
The “Note” part of the new article says that the action mentioned in this article is applied in the absence of criminal liability under the relevant articles of the Criminal Code of Azerbaijan.
Similar amendments will be made to the laws on mass media, telecommunication, and television and radio broadcasting.
The draft has been recommended for the plenary session.
Related news releases
- 22.07.2018Azerbaijan marks 143rd anniversary of national press
- 20.07.2018OSCE rep on freedom of media to visit Azerbaijan
- 18.07.2018MFA spokesman condemns media organizations conducting anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 18.07.2018Hikmat Hajiyev: Media industry formed in Azerbaijan
- 18.07.2018Number of registered media outlets in Azerbaijan announced
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani newspapers to receive one-time financial assistance
- 02.07.2018APA Holding Board of Directors holds meeting
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan NTRC announces date for terrestrial broadcasting of new TV channel
- 27.06.201810th anniversary of "Lent.az" and presentation of book dedicated to 100th anniversary of ADR held in Baku
- 01.06.2018Personnel reforms expected in ITV
- 01.06.2018Balakishi Gasimov elected ITV director general
- 30.05.2018Seven candidates submit documents for post of ITV director general
- 29.05.2018APA TV marks 5th anniversary
- 24.05.2018Russia’s St. Petersburg hosts media summit
- 23.05.2018Georgian media representatives visit APA Holding
- 17.05.2018New appointment at Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 16.05.2018Swiss ambassador to Azerbaijan visits APA Holding
- 14.05.2018NTRC: Balakishi Gasimov not elected ITV director general
- 10.05.2018Iranian journalists visit APA Holding
- 08.05.2018Editor-in-chief of Echo newspaper Rauf Talishinsky passes away
- 01.05.2018Presentation held for media project marking centenary of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amendments to rules on sponsorship advertising in media - UPDATED
- 20.04.2018Press Council chairman criticizes ombudsperson’s activity
- 20.04.2018Bulgarian diplomats visit APA Holding
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani parliamentary committee discusses amendments to law on public broadcasting
- 16.04.2018APA TV’s YouTube channel hits 150,000 subscribers
- 30.03.2018Rahim Namazov shot in France is not a journalist: Azerbaijani Press Council
- 16.03.2018Vesti.az information agency celebrating 9th anniversary
- 10.03.2018Ali Hasanov: People who fled Azerbaijan insults country’s symbols
- 10.03.2018Aflatun Amashov reelected chairman of Azerbaijani Press Council
- 10.03.2018Vusala Mahirgizi: Online media plays special role in ensuring Azerbaijan’s information and national security
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijani journalists must fight those opposing state and its symbols: professor
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijani Press Council’s chairman hails state support for media
- 10.03.2018Charter of Azerbaijani Press Council amended
- 10.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani media should keep national interests above all
- 10.03.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani Journalists kicks off
- 05.03.2018Real TV gets indefinite license for satellite broadcasting
- 05.03.2018APAsport Agency celebrates 11th anniversary
- 05.02.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani journalists to be held on March 10
- 01.02.2018MP Aflatun Amashov proposes changing legal status of Press Council
- 16.11.2017APA now available on Facebook Messenger
- 23.11.2017Famous Azerbaijani journalist passed away
- 30.11.2017APA – main source of information about Azerbaijan for Georgian media
- 16.11.2017APA Information Agency celebrates 13th anniversary
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan Public Television and Radio Broadcasting Company sends letter to EBU
- 14.11.2017New director general of CBC TV channel appointed