APA Information Agency celebrates 13th anniversary
Today, on November 16, the Azeri Press Agency (APA) celebrates its 13th anniversary.
APA Agency (www.apa.az) issues newsletters in Azerbaijani, Russian, English, French, Arabic and Armenian besides online system. The newsletters cover the political, economic, social, cultural and sport life of Azerbaijan, as well as breaking news about the ongoing developments in the region and the world.
Also, the Agency issues business-economic, photo, and analytical editions (twice a month) in all five languages every day. Pursuing unbiased, precise and independent information policy, APA enjoys good cooperation with a great number of the leading media outlets from Turkey, Middle East, Russia, Ukraine, Georgia, Central Asian and Baltic states, Moldova, some other European countries and the United States, and has concluded agreements on news exchange.
APA’s subscribers and customers include embassies, consulates, diplomatic missions, international representatives, government agencies, ministries, financial institutions, representatives of international financial institutions in Azerbaijan as well as foreign companies, local and foreign business structures. Most of the subscribers are the leading pro-government and opposition press, independent media entities. Most non-governmental agencies, Azerbaijani Diaspora organizations are also among the permanent subscribers.
APA has offices in Turkey, Russia, Georgia, Iran, Central Asia, France and the U.S., as well as in all regions of Azerbaijan. Heads of state and government, ministers, chiefs of the UN agencies give exclusive interviews to APA. The Agency is officially registered at the Council of Europe.
The main goal of APA-Economics is to cover essential economic processes taking place in the country and beyond in an operative and unbiased way. This section gathers the latest news and analyses on industry-energy, agro-industrial complex, finance, information and communication technology, infrastructure, social sphere, etc.
APA-Economics presents unbiased analytic articles and reviews covering numerous spheres of economics. We wouldn’t hesitate to say APA-Economics brought the “ranking culture” to Azerbaijan. Banking, insurance and stock market participant rankings compiled by APA-Economics have always met reader’s interests. What’s interesting is that heads of many banks and insurance companies refer to rankings compiled by APA-Economics.
APA Agency holds the quality management system certificate “ISO 9001:2008” of Global Certification Limited.
The Agency has been functioning under APA Holding LLC since 2012.
Related news releases
- 17.05.2018New appointment at Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 16.05.2018Swiss ambassador to Azerbaijan visits APA Holding
- 14.05.2018NTRC: Balakishi Gasimov not elected ITV director general
- 10.05.2018Iranian journalists visit APA Holding
- 08.05.2018Editor-in-chief of Echo newspaper Rauf Talishinsky passes away
- 01.05.2018Presentation held for media project marking centenary of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amendments to rules on sponsorship advertising in media - UPDATED
- 20.04.2018Press Council chairman criticizes ombudsperson’s activity
- 20.04.2018Bulgarian diplomats visit APA Holding
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani parliamentary committee discusses amendments to law on public broadcasting
- 16.04.2018APA TV’s YouTube channel hits 150,000 subscribers
- 30.03.2018Rahim Namazov shot in France is not a journalist: Azerbaijani Press Council
- 16.03.2018Vesti.az information agency celebrating 9th anniversary
- 10.03.2018Ali Hasanov: People who fled Azerbaijan insults country’s symbols
- 10.03.2018Aflatun Amashov reelected chairman of Azerbaijani Press Council
- 10.03.2018Vusala Mahirgizi: Online media plays special role in ensuring Azerbaijan’s information and national security
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijani journalists must fight those opposing state and its symbols: professor
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijani Press Council’s chairman hails state support for media
- 10.03.2018Charter of Azerbaijani Press Council amended
- 10.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani media should keep national interests above all
- 10.03.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani Journalists kicks off
- 05.03.2018Real TV gets indefinite license for satellite broadcasting
- 05.03.2018APAsport Agency celebrates 11th anniversary
- 05.02.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani journalists to be held on March 10
- 01.02.2018MP Aflatun Amashov proposes changing legal status of Press Council
- 31.01.2018ANAS president: ANS vacating building of Institute of Zoology
- 31.01.2018Azerbaijani NTRC orders radio programs be monitored for shortcomings
- 30.01.2018NTRC makes decision on distributing AZN 3M among 5 TV channels
- 30.01.2018Keys to new apartments presented to journalists
- 30.01.2018Ali Hasanov: It’s wrong to compare foreign grants with Azerbaijani president’s support to media
- 23.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criticism over lack of press freedom in Azerbaijan ‘groundless’
- 19.01.2018AZN 3M allocated by Azerbaijani president to be evenly distributed among 5 private TV channels
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M to TV and radio broadcasters
- 30.12.2017APA launches Telegram bot
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan NTRC announces winner of competition for launch of new TV channel
- 21.12.2017Interfax-Azerbaijan director general dies aged 67
- 19.12.2017President İlham Aliyev signs decree to ensure AZERTAC`s activity
- 19.12.2017Court upholds Turan news agency’s claim against Baku Local Revenues Department
- 30.11.2017APA – main source of information about Azerbaijan for Georgian media
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani Press Council chairman speaks out against glorification of criminals in media
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan to impose new fines for violation of rules for dissemination of info on Internet
- 16.11.2017APA now available on Facebook Messenger
- 23.11.2017Famous Azerbaijani journalist passed away
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan Public Television and Radio Broadcasting Company sends letter to EBU
- 14.11.2017New director general of CBC TV channel appointed
- 14.11.2017NTRC to hold competition for creation of new TV channel