APA Holding president meets with director general of Iranian Culture and Islamic Guidance Ministry’s Foreign Media Department
President of APA Holding Vusala Mahirqizi met with Director General of the Foreign Media Department of Iran’s Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance Mohammad Jafar Safi in Tehran.
The meeting took place on the sidelines of the 23rd International Exhibition of Press and News Agencies that was officially inaugurated in Iran’s capital on Saturday, an APA correspondent reported from Tehran.
Jafar Safi expressed his satisfaction with the APA Holding president’s participation in the exhibition.
He noted that the Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance is ready to establish direct relations with the Azerbaijani media.
Recalling that the days of Azerbaijani culture were recently held in Tehran, the director general stressed the importance of organizing such events in the future.
Jafar Safi said that the press plays a great role in bringing closer the relations between the two countries.
“Some countries are trying to create a disagreement between Iran and Azerbaijan, which are the two friendly countries. But Iran sincerely wants to further develop its ties with Azerbaijan,” he said.
Jafar Safi went on to say that he is informed about APA Holding’s plan to sign cooperation agreements with some Iranian media outlets. He expressed hope that these agreements will contribute to further development of relations between APA and the Iranian media.
In turn, APA Holding President Vusala Mahirqizi expressed gratitude for the invitation to the exhibition in Tehran.
“I’m very glad to attend this exhibition in Tehran. This is my first visit to Iran. I hope that such meetings will promote the dissemination of accurate news in the media of both countries,” said Mahirqizi noting that the well-organization of the exhibition and press activity aroused her interest.
The APA Holding president expressed hope that closer relations between the press agencies of Azerbaijan and Iran will in turn boost ties between the two countries.
At the end of the meeting, Jafar Safi briefed the APA Holding president on the static data in the field of publications and press in Iran.
- 30.12.2017APA launches Telegram bot
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan NTRC announces winner of competition for launch of new TV channel
- 21.12.2017Interfax-Azerbaijan director general dies aged 67
- 19.12.2017President İlham Aliyev signs decree to ensure AZERTAC`s activity
- 19.12.2017Court upholds Turan news agency’s claim against Baku Local Revenues Department
- 30.11.2017APA – main source of information about Azerbaijan for Georgian media
- 23.11.2017Famous Azerbaijani journalist passed away
- 16.11.2017APA now available on Facebook Messenger
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan to impose new fines for violation of rules for dissemination of info on Internet
- 16.11.2017APA Information Agency celebrates 13th anniversary
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan Public Television and Radio Broadcasting Company sends letter to EBU
- 14.11.2017New director general of CBC TV channel appointed
- 14.11.2017NTRC to hold competition for creation of new TV channel
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani Press Council chairman speaks out against glorification of criminals in media
- 02.11.2017OSCE welcomes dropping of criminal charges against Mehman Aliyev and Turan News Agency
- 31.10.2017APA Holding president visited IRNA News Agency
- 31.10.2017APA Holding president gives interview to Iran’s Sahar TV channel
- 31.10.2017APA Holding, ISNA Agency sign cooperation agreement
- 31.10.2017Vusala Mahirgizi: We expect Iranian media to disseminate authentic information about Karabakh conflict
- 31.10.2017APA Holding president meets with chairman of Iranian West Azerbaijan Province’s Press House
- 30.10.2017APA Holding and Iranian Huneronline sign cooperation agreement
- 06.10.2017Ali Hasanov: Turkish TV series were resulting in Turkish language outdoing Azerbaijani
- 06.10.2017Ali Hasanov: Thankfully, that TV channel no longer exists
- 30.09.2017No restrictions on activity of Turan news agency: prosecutor general
- 26.09.2017ATV channel president: Programmes are being reviewed
- 26.09.2017ATV channel president dismissed
- 21.09.2017Iranian ambassador to Azerbaijan visits APA Holding
- 19.09.2017Prosecutor General’s Office: No restrictive measures against Turan Information Agency
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijani Ministry of Taxes re-imposes tax sanction on Turan news agency
- 16.09.2017Ministry of Taxes lifts tax sanction against Turan agency
- 13.09.2017Eastern Partnership Media Conference kicks off in Kyiv
- 11.09.2017OSCE welcomes release of Mehman Aliyev
- 11.09.2017Press Council: Mehman Aliyev’s release another example of Azerbaijani president’s sensitive attitude towards media
- 25.08.2017Azerbaijani Press Council appeals to president regarding Mehman Aliyev
- 07.08.2017‘Lent.az’ journalist visits North Korea
- 22.07.2017Ali Hasanov: President had deep impressions of meeting with journalists
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijan marks 142nd anniversary of national press
- 20.07.2017President: Number of false, unbiased pieces of information dramatically increased in Azerbaijani media
- 20.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives “Friend of Journalists” award
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani president: Journalists are my assistants
- 28.10.2017Vusala Mahirgizi meets with heads of Iranian news agencies
- 30.10.2017APA Holding and Iran’s Nasle Farda sign cooperation agreement
- 30.10.2017President of APA Holding addresses media conference in Tehran
- 28.10.201723rd Int’l Press Exhibition officially inaugurated in Tehran
- 20.10.2017NTRC grants satellite broadcast license to one TV channel, IP TV broadcast to 10 companies
- 07.10.2017Press Council holds monitoring at rally