Ali Hasanov: It’s wrong to compare foreign grants with Azerbaijani president’s support to media
It is regrettable that some claim Azerbaijan’s media policy has fallen through, Azerbaijani President’s Assistant for Public and Political Affairs Ali Hasanov said.
He made the remarks addressing a ceremony of presenting keys of new apartments to journalists in Baku on Jan. 30, APA reports.
Hasanov stressed that well-known representatives of the grant media in Europe have gathered to carry out “No-TAP” campaigns.
“This is the type of journalist those carrying out grant policy wish to form in Azerbaijan,” he said.
The Azerbaijani media are based upon sound foundations, noted the official.
“The media should in the first place provide information to people and enlighten them, giving them a sense of patriotism. Those who say that Azerbaijan’s media policy has fallen through should think if there is any administrative body censoring the media. There is the Press Council that is regulatory body for Azerbaijani journalists,” he said.
Hasanov mentioned that journalists are free to accept or renounce the apartments offered to them by the Azerbaijani government.
“But it’s wrong to claim that the state’s media policy restricts the independence of journalists. On the contrary, the attempts of those who are trying to form media through a policy of grant allocation pose a threat to the independence of journalists,” he said.
The official went on to say that the state support for printed media is aimed at stimulating their activities in the current difficult situation.
“Printed media write a historical chronicle of the country. It’s impossible to write this chronicle through some Internet media,” he said.
The official noted that it is incorrect to compare media grants allocated by foreign agents in their offices with the financial support provided to the media by President Ilham Aliyev.
“Grant media representatives oppose TAP, TANAP, but these projects are related to Azerbaijan's strategic interests. Let those people know what kinds of reactions they will receive from the Azerbaijani society,” he added.
Related news releases
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani parliamentary committee discusses amendments to law on public broadcasting
- 16.04.2018APA TV’s YouTube channel hits 150,000 subscribers
- 30.03.2018Rahim Namazov shot in France is not a journalist: Azerbaijani Press Council
- 16.03.2018Vesti.az information agency celebrating 9th anniversary
- 10.03.2018Ali Hasanov: People who fled Azerbaijan insults country’s symbols
- 10.03.2018Aflatun Amashov reelected chairman of Azerbaijani Press Council
- 10.03.2018Vusala Mahirgizi: Online media plays special role in ensuring Azerbaijan’s information and national security
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijani journalists must fight those opposing state and its symbols: professor
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijani Press Council’s chairman hails state support for media
- 10.03.2018Charter of Azerbaijani Press Council amended
- 10.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani media should keep national interests above all
- 10.03.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani Journalists kicks off
- 05.03.2018Real TV gets indefinite license for satellite broadcasting
- 05.03.2018APAsport Agency celebrates 11th anniversary
- 05.02.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani journalists to be held on March 10
- 01.02.2018MP Aflatun Amashov proposes changing legal status of Press Council
- 31.01.2018ANAS president: ANS vacating building of Institute of Zoology
- 31.01.2018Azerbaijani NTRC orders radio programs be monitored for shortcomings
- 30.01.2018NTRC makes decision on distributing AZN 3M among 5 TV channels
- 30.01.2018Keys to new apartments presented to journalists
- 30.01.2018Ali Hasanov: It’s wrong to compare foreign grants with Azerbaijani president’s support to media
- 23.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criticism over lack of press freedom in Azerbaijan ‘groundless’
- 19.01.2018AZN 3M allocated by Azerbaijani president to be evenly distributed among 5 private TV channels
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M to TV and radio broadcasters
- 30.12.2017APA launches Telegram bot
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan NTRC announces winner of competition for launch of new TV channel
- 21.12.2017Interfax-Azerbaijan director general dies aged 67
- 19.12.2017President İlham Aliyev signs decree to ensure AZERTAC`s activity
- 19.12.2017Court upholds Turan news agency’s claim against Baku Local Revenues Department
- 30.11.2017APA – main source of information about Azerbaijan for Georgian media
- 23.11.2017Famous Azerbaijani journalist passed away
- 16.11.2017APA now available on Facebook Messenger
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan to impose new fines for violation of rules for dissemination of info on Internet
- 16.11.2017APA Information Agency celebrates 13th anniversary
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan Public Television and Radio Broadcasting Company sends letter to EBU
- 14.11.2017New director general of CBC TV channel appointed
- 14.11.2017NTRC to hold competition for creation of new TV channel
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani Press Council chairman speaks out against glorification of criminals in media
- 02.11.2017OSCE welcomes dropping of criminal charges against Mehman Aliyev and Turan News Agency
- 31.10.2017APA Holding president visited IRNA News Agency
- 06.12.2016Azerbaijan to inaugurate new residential building for journalists in 2017
- 06.12.2016APA correspondent awarded by Heydar Aliyev Foundation VP Leyla Aliyeva
- 07.12.2016Azerbaijani Press Council: detention of chief editors of two newspapers under investigation
- 23.11.2016Turkey in fight against anti-Azerbaijani network
- 18.11.2016Azerbaijan to carry out analogue switch-off in districts in three stages
- 17.11.2016President Ilham Aliyev receives participants of News Agencies World Congress - UPDATED-1