Ali Hasanov: Thankfully, that TV channel no longer exists
Violations of the norms of literary language have become a tendency in Azerbaijan, Ali Hasanov, the Azerbaijani president’s aide for public and political affairs, said in his closing speech at the conference entitled “The Role of Media in the Preservation and Development of the Azerbaijani Literary Language,” APA reported.
Hasanov said that a productive discussion was held at the conference.
"At the conference our main duties and targets in all spheres were mentioned, and I am absolutely convinced that this is not an issue of the media only. If the issue of purity of the Azerbaijani language is on the agenda, parents and nurses, secondary and higher schools, NGOs and the media all have to do their own part. What procedures does a host go through until he gets there? Everyone must understand that there is a geographical area to keep the Azerbaijani language alive and that is this area. It’s Azerbaijanis living in Azerbaijan and abroad,” the presidential aide said calling on everyone to be responsible for this issue.
“Hosts must have complete mastery of our language and also have charming physical characteristics. It is even better if a host is highly intellectual,” he added.
Hasanov noted that over the past decade TV channels have developed inclination towards artificial ranking and fake surveys.
“In the first place, heads of media outlets and TV channels need to know that they present an example to society. It’s no use inviting to live programmes those who have nothing to offer to Azerbaijani society,” he said.
Hasanov said it is necessary to create academies in television.
"There should be educational programs in Azerbaijani on AzTV and ITV. Nushiravan Maharramli has been frequently raising this issue and conducting monitoring over the last few years, which displeases some. The head of one TV station wrote to the NTRC chairman, asking him to write down what national-moral values are and send it to him. Thankfully, that television channel no longer exists. Arif Rahimzade made a statement in Moscow that the Turkish language and the Azerbaijani language are different. It’s another issue that Azerbaijani belongs to the Turkic languages group. However, Arif Rahimzadeh was criticized on a television channel by a host. Good that neither that host nor that TV channel exists any more,” he added.
Related news releases
- 21.09.2017Iranian ambassador to Azerbaijan visits APA Holding
- 19.09.2017Prosecutor General’s Office: No restrictive measures against Turan Information Agency
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijani Ministry of Taxes re-imposes tax sanction on Turan news agency
- 16.09.2017Ministry of Taxes lifts tax sanction against Turan agency
- 13.09.2017Eastern Partnership Media Conference kicks off in Kyiv
- 11.09.2017OSCE welcomes release of Mehman Aliyev
- 11.09.2017Press Council: Mehman Aliyev’s release another example of Azerbaijani president’s sensitive attitude towards media
- 25.08.2017Azerbaijani Press Council appeals to president regarding Mehman Aliyev
- 07.08.2017‘Lent.az’ journalist visits North Korea
- 22.07.2017Ali Hasanov: President had deep impressions of meeting with journalists
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijan marks 142nd anniversary of national press
- 20.07.2017President: Number of false, unbiased pieces of information dramatically increased in Azerbaijani media
- 20.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives “Friend of Journalists” award
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani president: Journalists are my assistants
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Int’l public opinion on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict changed
- 20.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends inauguration of second building for journalists
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates lump sum financial assistance to local newspapers
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 5 million for construction of new building for journalists
- 19.07.2017APA Holding, Code Academy sign agreement on strategic cooperation
- 18.07.2017Vugar Safarli: Third building meant for journalists too will have 255 apartments
- 14.07.2017Groundbreaking ceremony of third building for journalists in Azerbaijan to take place on July 21
- 11.07.2017Delegation led by Iranian deputy minister visits APA Holding
- 13.06.2017Vugar Safarli re-appointed executive director of Fund of State Support for Mass Media Development
- 05.06.2017Members appointed at Supervisory Board of Fund of State Support for Development of Mass Media
- 05.06.2017APA Holding unveils redesigned website
- 31.05.2017Heads of media outlets visit Nakhchivan
- 29.05.2017APA TV marks its 4th birthday
- 26.05.2017APA Holding, ASAN radio sign MoU for cooperation
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijani MP says necessary to create conditions for cable broadcasting of internet TV channels
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijani MP calls for strict punishment for violation of law on internet TV channels
- 16.05.2017Documents required of journalists for new apartments specified
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan announces rules and terms for providing journalists with new apartments
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijani journalists to be given new apartments on 22 July
- 08.05.2017Azerbaijan determines who can own cable networks
- 05.05.20174th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue underway in Baku
- 03.05.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Ukraine addresses Azerbaijani media
- 03.05.2017UK ambassador holds meeting with media representatives
- 02.05.2017Tbilisi hosts media seminar on land degradation neutrality in South Caucasus
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijani court holds hearing over blocking of some websites
- 24.04.2017Candidates for ITV Director General named
- 06.10.2017Ali Hasanov: Turkish TV series were resulting in Turkish language outdoing Azerbaijani
- 07.10.2017Press Council holds monitoring at rally
- 20.10.2017NTRC grants satellite broadcast license to one TV channel, IP TV broadcast to 10 companies
- 30.09.2017No restrictions on activity of Turan news agency: prosecutor general
- 26.09.2017ATV channel president: Programmes are being reviewed
- 26.09.2017ATV channel president dismissed