Ali Hasanov: People who fled Azerbaijan insults country’s symbols
Some people who fled Azerbaijan insult the symbols of the country, Azerbaijani President’s Assistant for Public and Political Affairs Ali Hasanov told the 7th Congress of Azerbaijani Journalists in Baku March 10, APA reports.
After leaving Azerbaijan, they are deprived of their passports and are turned against the country, he noted.
“If someone considers something unworthy for his family, it is unacceptable to offer this to society. Journalists must fight against such persons,” the presidential assistant said.
He stressed that some people who fled Azerbaijan insult the symbols of the country
“Those who have obligations to the relevant authorities of foreign countries, are engaged in denigration of Azerbaijan,” Hasanov said.
“Even those persons' parents renounce them,” he said. “By using Facebook, those individuals are engaged in denigration of Azerbaijan. First of all, media representatives must counter them.”
He recalled that the Press Council prepared a ‘blacklist’ in connection with publications engaged in racketeering.
The presidential assistant called on those working in these publications to take the right path.
Collecting compromising material and blackmailing people is not good. Put yourself in the place of those people who you threaten. I do not fight those people, but I urge them to take the right path," Hasanov said.
He added that members of media outlets, who are included in the blacklist of the Press Council, will not be included in the list of persons to whom apartments are provided.
The 7th Congress of Azerbaijani Journalists was held in Baku on March 10.
Related news releases
- 18.07.2018MFA spokesman condemns media organizations conducting anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 18.07.2018Hikmat Hajiyev: Media industry formed in Azerbaijan
- 18.07.2018Number of registered media outlets in Azerbaijan announced
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani newspapers to receive one-time financial assistance
- 02.07.2018APA Holding Board of Directors holds meeting
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan NTRC announces date for terrestrial broadcasting of new TV channel
- 27.06.201810th anniversary of "Lent.az" and presentation of book dedicated to 100th anniversary of ADR held in Baku
- 01.06.2018Personnel reforms expected in ITV
- 01.06.2018Balakishi Gasimov elected ITV director general
- 30.05.2018Seven candidates submit documents for post of ITV director general
- 29.05.2018APA TV marks 5th anniversary
- 24.05.2018Russia’s St. Petersburg hosts media summit
- 23.05.2018Georgian media representatives visit APA Holding
- 17.05.2018New appointment at Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 16.05.2018Swiss ambassador to Azerbaijan visits APA Holding
- 14.05.2018NTRC: Balakishi Gasimov not elected ITV director general
- 10.05.2018Iranian journalists visit APA Holding
- 08.05.2018Editor-in-chief of Echo newspaper Rauf Talishinsky passes away
- 01.05.2018Presentation held for media project marking centenary of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amendments to rules on sponsorship advertising in media - UPDATED
- 20.04.2018Press Council chairman criticizes ombudsperson’s activity
- 20.04.2018Bulgarian diplomats visit APA Holding
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani parliamentary committee discusses amendments to law on public broadcasting
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijani Press Council’s chairman hails state support for media
- 10.03.2018Charter of Azerbaijani Press Council amended
- 10.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani media should keep national interests above all
- 10.03.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani Journalists kicks off
- 05.03.2018Real TV gets indefinite license for satellite broadcasting
- 05.03.2018APAsport Agency celebrates 11th anniversary
- 05.02.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani journalists to be held on March 10
- 01.02.2018MP Aflatun Amashov proposes changing legal status of Press Council
- 31.01.2018ANAS president: ANS vacating building of Institute of Zoology
- 31.01.2018Azerbaijani NTRC orders radio programs be monitored for shortcomings
- 30.01.2018NTRC makes decision on distributing AZN 3M among 5 TV channels
- 30.01.2018Keys to new apartments presented to journalists
- 30.01.2018Ali Hasanov: It’s wrong to compare foreign grants with Azerbaijani president’s support to media
- 23.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criticism over lack of press freedom in Azerbaijan ‘groundless’
- 19.01.2018AZN 3M allocated by Azerbaijani president to be evenly distributed among 5 private TV channels
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M to TV and radio broadcasters
- 30.12.2017APA launches Telegram bot
- 16.03.2018Vesti.az information agency celebrating 9th anniversary
- 30.03.2018Rahim Namazov shot in France is not a journalist: Azerbaijani Press Council
- 16.04.2018APA TV’s YouTube channel hits 150,000 subscribers
- 10.03.2018Aflatun Amashov reelected chairman of Azerbaijani Press Council
- 10.03.2018Vusala Mahirgizi: Online media plays special role in ensuring Azerbaijan’s information and national security
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijani journalists must fight those opposing state and its symbols: professor