Witnesses testify in Akif Chovdarov’s trial
Former employee of the MNS Ali Nabiyev testified as witness in the trial presided over by chairman of the Baku Military Court Habib Hasanov, APA reported.
He said that he hasn’t taken money from Jahangir Alishov and other aggrieved persons on behalf of Akif Chovdarov and they lie.
Later, Akif Chovdarov’s driver Nurkhan Atakishiyev gave testimony at the hearing. He refuted what J.Alishov had said. He noted that Alishov hasn’t registered a house in his name and there is no such contract.
Chovdarov’s friend Adil Yagubov also testified in the trial. He said that the fish farm established in Masazir is owned by Chovdarov’s son-in-law Rovshan Gasimov: “We asked Jahangir Alishov to send two workers. One of those stole AZN6,000. After being aware of it, Alishov sent materials worth AZN4,000. No one required him anything about it and Jahangir hasn’t spent AZN250,000 for it.”
The hearing will be continued on February 27.
Akif Chovdarov faces charges under Articles 145.3 (illegal deprivation of freedom of a person, causing to the death of the victim or other serious consequences by negligence), 179.3.1, 179.3.2 (embezzlement or waste by an organized group on a large scale), 181.3.1, 181.3.2 (robbery committed by an organized group in order to seize the property on a large scale), 182.3.1, 182.3.2 (extortion, committed by an organized group in order to obtain property on a large scale), 228.4 (illegal purchase, selling or carrying of gas weapon, cold steel, including throwing weapon), 302.1, 302.2 (implementation operative - search actions by not authorized persons, as well as implementation of these actions by authorized persons, but without grounds provided by the legislation, entailed essential, and the same acts committed with use of special means, intended for secret dredging the information), 311.3.1, 311.3.2, 311.3.3, 311.3.4 (bribe-taking by a group of persons on preliminary arrangement, committed repeatedly on a large scale with the use of threats), 313 (service forgery), 341.2.1, 341.2.2, 241.2.3 (abusing authority, excess or inactivity of authority committed by a group of persons, committed with the use of weapons, resulted in grave consequences) of the Criminal Code. The former head of the first department of the ministry’s main directorate Salim Mammadov is charged under articles 145.3, 179.3.1, 179.3.2, 181.3.1, 181.3.2, 182.3.1, 182.3.2, 302.1, 302.2, 311.3.1, 311.3.2, 311.3.3, 311.3.4, 313, 341.2.1, 341.2.2 and 341.2.3; the former head of the second department Akif Aliyev is charged under articles 145.3, 179.3.1, 179.3.2, 181.3.1, 181.3.2, 182.3.1, 182.3.2, 302.2, 311.3.1, 311.3.2, 311.3.3, 311.3.4, 313, 341.2.1, 341.2.2 and 341.2.3; the former deputy head of the first division of the third department Orkhan Osmanov is charged under 145.3, 181.3.1, 181.3.2, 182.3.1, 182.3.2, 302.2, 311.3.1, 311.3.2, 311.3.3, 311.3.4, 341.2.1, 341.2.2 and 341.2.3.
The court ordered seizure on property and cash worth of 33,466,000, trade and service sectors, greenhouses, aquaculture farms and other property complexes, land plots worth of 8,967,000 manats, private houses, apartments and vehicles worth of 24,445,000 manats, jewelry worth of 37,000 manats belonging to the accused persons –- Akif Chovdarov, Salim Mammadov, Akif Aliyev and Orkhan Osmanov to compensate damage caused to the aggrieved persons.
Related news releases
- 13.07.2018The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminates information in connection with a strong fire in Agsu
- 12.07.2018Ministry of Emergency Situations: The fire in Agsu is extinguished
- 10.07.201820 injured in South Africa plane crash
- 10.07.2018An unsanctioned protest action prevented in Ganja, two police officers injured
- 10.07.2018Consistent, systematic work underway in Azerbaijan to prevent extremist, radical tendencies: State Security Service
- 08.07.20186.5-magnitude quake hits L'Esperance Rock, New Zealand
- 04.07.2018Ganja EP: Elmar Veliyev's condition is normal
- 04.07.2018The Prosecutor General's Office, MİA and the SSC issue a joint statement on the attack on Elmar Veliyev
- 03.07.2018Ganja Executive Power subjected to an armed attack
- 03.07.2018The evacuation process has been fully implemented in Baku Metro and the subway is equipped with electricity
- 03.07.2018Parviz Shahbazov: "Electricity supply to all strategic facilities has been restored"
- 03.07.2018Electricity supply to all facilities of state importance in Baku restored
- 03.07.2018Power to Heydar Aliyev International Airport and Baku Metro has been restored
- 03.07.2018Electricity supply to most districts of Baku restored - UPDATED
- 03.07.2018Ministry of Energy and "Azerenergy" OJSC release joint information on accident at Mingachevir TPS
- 03.07.2018Azerenergy official: "It is planned to provide full energy supply within next hours"
- 03.07.2018Incident in Mingachevir TPS under control of Azerbaijani President
- 03.07.2018Kemaleddin Heydarov: Maintenance is already underway at damaged block
- 03.07.2018MES: Fire extinguished in Mingachevir TPS, electricity supply being restored - UPDATED-1
- 27.06.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 23.06.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 15.06.20183 died, another 3 injured as car crashes into cows in Azerbaijan
- 09.06.2018An armed incident occurs in a penitentiary in Baku
- 06.06.2018Strong earthquake in Zaqatala causes cracks in the walls of a number of houses
- 05.06.2018Magnitude 6 earthquake hits Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 04.06.2018“Border-Shield” operation launched on Azerbaijani-Russian border
- 03.06.20182 climbers killed after fall from Yosemite’s El Capitan
- 02.06.2018The mudflow destroyed the bridge in Goychay
- 01.06.2018Armed man attacks on apartment, shoots mother and daughter
- 30.05.201814 people injured and 25 cars damaged after bus crash in Dartford
- 29.05.2018Russian Journalist Killed in Kiev - Ukraine's Interior Ministry
- 17.05.2018Group head: "Missing mountaineers have fallen under a powerful avalanche"
- 17.05.2018Bodies of the missing mountaineers were taken to morgue
- 16.05.2018President Aliyev: Great work done to ensure Nakhchivan’s security
- 29.04.2018The fire in a multi-storey building in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 28.04.2018Il-38 plane of Indian Air Force makes emergency landing at Moscow region's airport
- 20.04.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Fire in a multi-storied residential building under construction in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 07.04.2018Helicopter rescues fisherman stuck among crocodiles
- 01.04.20186 killed and 2 injured in head-on collision between passenger car and truck in Azerbaijan
- 22.02.2017Prosecutor General's Office: "A criminal case was launched against members of the European Parliament"
- 25.02.2017Date of hearing on appeals of those accused of reporter Rasim Aliyev’s death revealed
- 28.02.2017General Prosecutor's Office warns “Azerbaycan 24” news portal’s editor-in-chief
- 22.02.2017Experts assess value of property Vidadi Zeynalov wants to put up for sale
- 09.02.2017Azerbaijan prevents drug smuggling from Iran
- 07.02.2017Blogger Alexander Lapshin extradited from Belarus to Azerbaijan - VIDEO - PHOTO