The General Prosecutor's Office takes the investigation of the suicide attempt of the IDP under special control
The leadership of the General Prosecutor's Office took on special control the investigation of the suicide attempt of the internally displaced person from Agdam region Huseynov Vilayat Barat oglu, the press service of the Prosecutor General's Office told APA.
Internally displaced person from the Agdam region Gasimov Mutalib Sary oglu, who lived in the village of Shahsevan Tezekend of the Agjabadi region, on May 1 of this year called the service "102" of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and reported the theft of one cattle from pasture. In fact, a criminal case was opened in the investigative department of the Agjabedi district police department. The applicant Gasimov Mutalib informed that he is suspected of the theft of a forced migrant from the Agdam region Huseynov Vilayat Barat oglu, who is currently living in the village of Shahsevan Tezekend of the Agjabedi district. To take testimony in the case, V.Huseynov was invited to the department on May 10 and 27, but the latter evaded the investigation without presenting any reasons. After that on May 30, at about 12.55, he, having poured a combustible mixture before the reception of the Prosecutor General's Office, set fire to his clothes. However, the sucide attempt was prevented as a result of the intervention of police officers, who carried out the protection of the building and public order.
After providing emergency medical care, V.Huseynov was placed in the burn department of hospital №5.
During the investigation it was established that V. Huseynov had not previously applied to the Prosecutor General's Office in connection with the dissatisfaction with the investigation in the above case. It should be noted that V. Huseynov was previously tried for theft and by decision of the Agdam District Court of February 1, 2013, he was taken to registration in Agdam interdistrict psychiatric hospital with the use of compulsory outpatient observation and psychiatric illness against him.
These features are taken under the special control of the leadership of the Prosecutor General's Office, specific instructions are given to investigate the reasons for the attempted suicide.
Related news releases
- 17.05.2018Group head: "Missing mountaineers have fallen under a powerful avalanche"
- 17.05.2018Bodies of the missing mountaineers were taken to morgue
- 16.05.2018President Aliyev: Great work done to ensure Nakhchivan’s security
- 29.04.2018The fire in a multi-storey building in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 28.04.2018Il-38 plane of Indian Air Force makes emergency landing at Moscow region's airport
- 20.04.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Fire in a multi-storied residential building under construction in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 07.04.2018Helicopter rescues fisherman stuck among crocodiles
- 01.04.20186 killed and 2 injured in head-on collision between passenger car and truck in Azerbaijan
- 28.03.2018Gunman shooting Calgary police officer
- 24.03.2018Fire breaks out in forest in Azerbaijan’s Lerik and Shabran distrcts
- 07.03.2018Earthquake kills at least 18 in Papua New Guinea
- 02.03.2018One dies, three injured as strong fire occurs in the Republican Narcological Dispensary - UPDATED - 4
- 17.02.2018SOCAR's petrol tanker burst into flames in Georgia
- 09.02.2018Small asteroid will pass very close to Earth on Friday
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan's People's Artist Zarnigar Agakishiyeva dies
- 07.02.2018Fire broke out in Baku, 30 people were evacuated
- 07.02.2018Elon Musk's Falcon Heavy rocket launches successfully
- 06.02.2018The Ministry of Defense Industry releases information on the fire occured in the plant
- 06.02.2018The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminated information in connection with the explosion at the plant in Baku
- 06.02.2018Explosion occurred in Radio engineering plant in Baku, no one injured - UPDATED
- 02.02.2018Boiler room explosion rocks Turkish capital, no casualties: governor
- 26.01.2018South Korea hospital fire kills 33, injures 50
- 26.01.20184 killed in Ukranian helicopter crash
- 23.01.2018A prominent Azerbaijani journalist dies
- 12.01.2018MES "The search of the missing climbers is carried out on a high mountain range with a complex terrain"
- 07.01.2018Dozens Injured in 5.1 Quake in Western Iran
- 06.01.2018Names of injured in bus crash in Baku revealed
- 06.01.2018Magnitude 5.1 quake hits western Iran
- 05.01.2018Foreign experts visit area of search of missing climbers
- 05.01.2018Kamchatka volcano spits up ash 5-7 kilometers high
- 04.01.2018Search for the missing mountaineers continued today - PHOTO - VIDEO
- 31.12.2017The People's Artist of Azerbaijan Chingiz Sadykhov dies
- 29.12.2017MES: "The search of climbers is conducted in all possible directions"
- 27.12.2017Ministry of Emergency Situations appeals to social network users and media
- 09.12.20174 killed, 4 injured in a traffic accident in Sheki
- 05.12.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 4 in Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Brazil striker given prison sentence
- 20.11.2017Akif Chovdarov files appeal against verdict
- 19.11.20175.9-magnitude quake hits 73 km NNE of Tobelo, Indonesia
- 02.06.2017Powerful mud closes Baku-Shamakhi highway, more than 500 cars remain on the road
- 03.06.2017Well-known lawyer dies in a motorcycle crash in Baku
- 06.06.2017Azerbaijan’s Interior Ministry prepares list of debtors banned from leaving country
- 28.05.2017Gregg Allman, of Allman Brothers Band Fame, Dead at 69
- 27.05.2017Conflict between school children in Azerbaijan ended with the death
- 13.05.2017Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine