Testimonies of some witnesses on criminal case of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-employees revealed
Baku. Shahriyar Alizada – APA. Testimonies of some witnesses, who were interrogated during the investigation into the criminal case of former head of the main energy and transport security directorate under the liquidated Ministry of National Security of Azerbaijan Akif Chovdarov and other ex-employees of the ministry who were arrested alongside him, have been revealed.
According to information available to APA, among the witnesses was Rovshan Gasimov, husband of Akif Chovdarov’s daughter Aida.
In his testimony during the preliminary investigation, Rovshan Gasimov said that in December 2015 when he was in Russia, a person named Elshan Huseynov called him saying that a 50% share of a fruit and vegetable market, located in Baku’s Nizami district, was put on sale for 230,000 US dollars. Huseynov told Gasimov that he had only 110,000 dollars and he could send this money to him. Gasimov, in turn, offered him to become partners to buy the 50% share of the market.
He first sent 110,000 dollars to Gasimov and then 70,000 dollars in March-May 2006. However, Gasimov only spent 45,000 dollars when buying the market. Huseynov empowered Gasimov with all powers regarding the market. The market was bought and transferred into the management of Nazrin E LLC, founded by Gasimov. In 2013, Gasimov needed money, so he took a part of 45,000 dollars he had given for the purchase of market. There is 50/50 ownership split of the fruit and vegetable market between Aida Gasimova and former deputy national security minister Hilal Asadov’s wife Nushaba Asadova.
Gasimov said he had purchased the market on the funds received from his business, noting that Chovdarov has nothing to do with the market.
In his testimony, the driver of transport department of material-technical and social security directorate under the State Security Service, Nurkhan Atakishiyev said he had been driver of Chovdarov since 2005. He said Chovdarov has a greenhouse and fish farms in Masazir settlement and Kurdamir district. The driver added that Chovdarov has 3 villas in Badamdar settlement, a country house in Novkhani settlement and an apartment in AF Center.
Akif Chovdarov faces charges under Articles 145.3 (illegal deprivation of freedom of a person, causing to the death of the victim or other serious consequences by negligence), 179.3.1, 179.3.2 (embezzlement or waste by an organized group on a large scale), 181.3.1, 181.3.2 (robbery committed by an organized group in order to seize the property on a large scale), 182.3.1, 182.3.2 (extortion, committed by an organized group in order to obtain property on a large scale), 228.4 (illegal purchase, selling or carrying of gas weapon, cold steel, including throwing weapon), 302.1, 302.2 (implementation operative - search actions by not authorized persons, as well as implementation of these actions by authorized persons, but without grounds provided by the legislation, entailed essential, and the same acts committed with use of special means, intended for secret dredging the information), 311.3.1, 311.3.2, 311.3.3, 311.3.4 (bribe-taking by a group of persons on preliminary arrangement, committed repeatedly on a large scale with the use of threats), 313 (service forgery), 341.2.1, 341.2.2, 241.2.3 (abusing authority, excess or inactivity of authority committed by a group of persons, committed with the use of weapons, resulted in grave consequences) of the Criminal Code. The former head of the first department of the ministry’s main directorate Salim Mammadov is charged under articles 145.3, 179.3.1, 179.3.2, 181.3.1, 181.3.2, 182.3.1, 182.3.2, 302.1, 302.2, 311.3.1, 311.3.2, 311.3.3, 311.3.4, 313, 341.2.1, 341.2.2 and 341.2.3; the former head of the second department Akif Aliyev is charged under articles 145.3, 179.3.1, 179.3.2, 181.3.1, 181.3.2, 182.3.1, 182.3.2, 302.2, 311.3.1, 311.3.2, 311.3.3, 311.3.4, 313, 341.2.1, 341.2.2 and 341.2.3; the former deputy head of the first division of the third department Orkhan Osmanov is charged under 145.3, 181.3.1, 181.3.2, 182.3.1, 182.3.2, 302.2, 311.3.1, 311.3.2, 311.3.3, 311.3.4, 341.2.1, 341.2.2 and 341.2.3.
The court ordered seizure on property and cash worth of 33,466,000, trade and service sectors, greenhouses, aquaculture farms and other property complexes, land plots worth of 8,967,000 manats, private houses, apartments and vehicles worth of 24,445,000 manats, jewelry worth of 37,000 manats belonging to the accused persons –- Akif Chovdarov, Salim Mammadov, Akif Aliyev and Orkhan Osmanov to compensate damage caused to the aggrieved persons.
Related news releases
- 25.04.2017SCC: Reports about mass brawl and beating of a customs official are untrue
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan sends one prosecutor into retirement, replaces two others
- 13.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues
- 05.04.2017Two dead, one injured in train-car collision in Azerbaijan
- 29.03.2017The MES spread information about fires in Baku and Shabran
- 29.03.2017Father killed his 7 year-old son with a hammer in Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 25.03.2017Russia puts Armenian, born in Baku, on Interpol wanted list
- 18.03.201710 trucks carrying goods belonging to Azerbaijani companies hijacked in Ukraine
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijan deported over 1,500 foreigners in February
- 07.03.2017Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-employee pleads not guilty - UPDATED
- 03.03.2017About 900 Azerbaijanis joined terrorist groups in Syria, Iraq
- 28.02.2017General Prosecutor's Office warns “Azerbaycan 24” news portal’s editor-in-chief
- 25.02.2017Date of hearing on appeals of those accused of reporter Rasim Aliyev’s death revealed
- 22.02.2017Prosecutor General's Office: "A criminal case was launched against members of the European Parliament"
- 22.02.2017Witnesses testify in Akif Chovdarov’s trial
- 22.02.2017Experts assess value of property Vidadi Zeynalov wants to put up for sale
- 09.02.2017Azerbaijan prevents drug smuggling from Iran
- 07.02.2017Blogger Alexander Lapshin extradited from Belarus to Azerbaijan - VIDEO - PHOTO
- 07.02.2017Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Jalilabad region
- 27.01.2017Azerbaijani Interior Ministry holds board meeting
- 23.01.2017ICRC visits Armenian scout imprisoned in Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2017Interior Ministry has filed a petition to the General Prosecutor's Office against Mehman Huseynov
- 10.01.2017SOCAR released information about a fire broke out at a gas pipeline in Sangachal - UPDATED
- 08.01.2017SCC comments on reports about the detention of trucks at the border
- 07.01.2017Iraqi Embassy in Baku issues statement on the murder in “Demirchi Tower” business center
- 20.12.20164 magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Balaken region
- 04.12.201659 UXOs detected in Azerbaijan’s Gazakh city
- 30.11.20164.3 magnitude earthquake hits the Caspian Sea
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijan announces dates of 2017 holidays
- 26.11.2016Aircraft of Azerbaijani MES successfully eliminates fires in 8 locations in Israel
- 24.11.2016Three killed after car crashes into truck in Azerbaijan
- 23.11.2016Fire breaks out in Baku, one dead
- 19.11.2016People's artist of Azerbaijan Nariman Azimov dies
- 18.11.2016About 1,000 left without home after major fire in Jakarta
- 16.11.2016Ex-Azerbaijani minister pays over 6M manats for causing damage to state
- 27.10.2016Azerbaijani student dies after falling from 7th floor of university hostel in Ukraine
- 24.10.2016Police raid houses of alleged Nursists in Azerbaijan
- 14.10.2016Baku court continues trial in ‘Nardaran case’
- 14.10.2016Brother of ex-minister of Nakhchivan arrested
- 12.10.2016Azerbaijani footballer Javid Huseynov released from prison
- 08.11.2016Ganimat Zahid's relatives, who are in prison, repudiated him
- 11.11.2016Patient slashes throat with razor blade in Baku
- 15.11.2016IAC publishes a preliminary report on the crash of the cargo aircraft AN-12 in Afghanistan
- 29.10.2016Snakes attack Ismayilli’s Kurdmashi village, 40 venomous reptiles killed
- 29.10.2016Fire breaks out in two cafes in Sumgayit, 3 poisoned by smoke, 12 evacuated
- 27.10.2016Azerbaijani State Security Service conducted special operation, two extremists killed - UPDATED