Testimonies of some witnesses on criminal case of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-employees revealed
Baku. Shahriyar Alizada – APA. Testimonies of some witnesses, who were interrogated during the investigation into the criminal case of former head of the main energy and transport security directorate under the liquidated Ministry of National Security of Azerbaijan Akif Chovdarov and other ex-employees of the ministry who were arrested alongside him, have been revealed.
According to information available to APA, among the witnesses was Rovshan Gasimov, husband of Akif Chovdarov’s daughter Aida.
In his testimony during the preliminary investigation, Rovshan Gasimov said that in December 2015 when he was in Russia, a person named Elshan Huseynov called him saying that a 50% share of a fruit and vegetable market, located in Baku’s Nizami district, was put on sale for 230,000 US dollars. Huseynov told Gasimov that he had only 110,000 dollars and he could send this money to him. Gasimov, in turn, offered him to become partners to buy the 50% share of the market.
He first sent 110,000 dollars to Gasimov and then 70,000 dollars in March-May 2006. However, Gasimov only spent 45,000 dollars when buying the market. Huseynov empowered Gasimov with all powers regarding the market. The market was bought and transferred into the management of Nazrin E LLC, founded by Gasimov. In 2013, Gasimov needed money, so he took a part of 45,000 dollars he had given for the purchase of market. There is 50/50 ownership split of the fruit and vegetable market between Aida Gasimova and former deputy national security minister Hilal Asadov’s wife Nushaba Asadova.
Gasimov said he had purchased the market on the funds received from his business, noting that Chovdarov has nothing to do with the market.
In his testimony, the driver of transport department of material-technical and social security directorate under the State Security Service, Nurkhan Atakishiyev said he had been driver of Chovdarov since 2005. He said Chovdarov has a greenhouse and fish farms in Masazir settlement and Kurdamir district. The driver added that Chovdarov has 3 villas in Badamdar settlement, a country house in Novkhani settlement and an apartment in AF Center.
Akif Chovdarov faces charges under Articles 145.3 (illegal deprivation of freedom of a person, causing to the death of the victim or other serious consequences by negligence), 179.3.1, 179.3.2 (embezzlement or waste by an organized group on a large scale), 181.3.1, 181.3.2 (robbery committed by an organized group in order to seize the property on a large scale), 182.3.1, 182.3.2 (extortion, committed by an organized group in order to obtain property on a large scale), 228.4 (illegal purchase, selling or carrying of gas weapon, cold steel, including throwing weapon), 302.1, 302.2 (implementation operative - search actions by not authorized persons, as well as implementation of these actions by authorized persons, but without grounds provided by the legislation, entailed essential, and the same acts committed with use of special means, intended for secret dredging the information), 311.3.1, 311.3.2, 311.3.3, 311.3.4 (bribe-taking by a group of persons on preliminary arrangement, committed repeatedly on a large scale with the use of threats), 313 (service forgery), 341.2.1, 341.2.2, 241.2.3 (abusing authority, excess or inactivity of authority committed by a group of persons, committed with the use of weapons, resulted in grave consequences) of the Criminal Code. The former head of the first department of the ministry’s main directorate Salim Mammadov is charged under articles 145.3, 179.3.1, 179.3.2, 181.3.1, 181.3.2, 182.3.1, 182.3.2, 302.1, 302.2, 311.3.1, 311.3.2, 311.3.3, 311.3.4, 313, 341.2.1, 341.2.2 and 341.2.3; the former head of the second department Akif Aliyev is charged under articles 145.3, 179.3.1, 179.3.2, 181.3.1, 181.3.2, 182.3.1, 182.3.2, 302.2, 311.3.1, 311.3.2, 311.3.3, 311.3.4, 313, 341.2.1, 341.2.2 and 341.2.3; the former deputy head of the first division of the third department Orkhan Osmanov is charged under 145.3, 181.3.1, 181.3.2, 182.3.1, 182.3.2, 302.2, 311.3.1, 311.3.2, 311.3.3, 311.3.4, 341.2.1, 341.2.2 and 341.2.3.
The court ordered seizure on property and cash worth of 33,466,000, trade and service sectors, greenhouses, aquaculture farms and other property complexes, land plots worth of 8,967,000 manats, private houses, apartments and vehicles worth of 24,445,000 manats, jewelry worth of 37,000 manats belonging to the accused persons –- Akif Chovdarov, Salim Mammadov, Akif Aliyev and Orkhan Osmanov to compensate damage caused to the aggrieved persons.
Related news releases
- 25.07.2017Turkish plane is rerouted to Algiers after false bomb alert
- 21.07.2017Magnitude 6.7 quake hits Turkey’s west coast, up to 70 people injured
- 18.07.2017Incident occurred among fans of Samtredia FC and Garabagh FC in Tbilisi
- 05.07.2017452 kg drugs burned in Azerbaijan
- 05.07.2017Azerbaijan initiates criminal case over Armenian provocative acts
- 03.07.2017Alexander Lapshin’s mother to testify in court - UPDATED
- 29.06.2017Baku police issue arrest warrants for ex-diplomat and ex-spokesman of liquidated SSAC
- 28.06.2017Five SOCAR employees injured in the Caspian Sea
- 27.06.2017Petya ransomware virus is back amid cyber attack
- 20.06.2017AZAL aircraft returns to Beijing Airport
- 17.06.2017First president of AFFA Fuad Musayev passed away
- 14.06.2017Smoke detected at crippled Chernobyl power plant
- 12.06.2017Baku police detain person over false bomb threat to mall
- 12.06.2017486 human traffickers brought to justice in 12 years – department chief
- 10.06.2017Energy Minister Natig Aliyev’s body brought to Baku - UPDATED
- 07.06.2017Mother and her two sons died, grandson wounded in a fatal traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 06.06.2017Azerbaijan’s Interior Ministry prepares list of debtors banned from leaving country
- 03.06.2017Well-known lawyer dies in a motorcycle crash in Baku
- 02.06.2017Powerful mud closes Baku-Shamakhi highway, more than 500 cars remain on the road
- 30.05.2017The General Prosecutor's Office takes the investigation of the suicide attempt of the IDP under special control
- 28.05.2017Gregg Allman, of Allman Brothers Band Fame, Dead at 69
- 27.05.2017Conflict between school children in Azerbaijan ended with the death
- 13.05.2017Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 11.05.2017Strong earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Saatli - UPDATED
- 06.05.2017The famous Azerbaijani scientist Rafiga Aliyeva died
- 28.04.2017Trial held in case of Azerbaijani MNS ex-official charged with extortion
- 27.04.2017Turkish forces rescue Russian soldiers in Black Sea
- 25.04.2017SCC: Reports about mass brawl and beating of a customs official are untrue
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan sends one prosecutor into retirement, replaces two others
- 13.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues
- 05.04.2017Two dead, one injured in train-car collision in Azerbaijan
- 29.03.2017The MES spread information about fires in Baku and Shabran
- 29.03.2017Father killed his 7 year-old son with a hammer in Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 25.03.2017Russia puts Armenian, born in Baku, on Interpol wanted list
- 18.03.201710 trucks carrying goods belonging to Azerbaijani companies hijacked in Ukraine
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijan deported over 1,500 foreigners in February
- 07.03.2017Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-employee pleads not guilty - UPDATED
- 03.03.2017About 900 Azerbaijanis joined terrorist groups in Syria, Iraq
- 28.02.2017General Prosecutor's Office warns “Azerbaycan 24” news portal’s editor-in-chief
- 25.02.2017Date of hearing on appeals of those accused of reporter Rasim Aliyev’s death revealed
- 08.11.2016Ganimat Zahid's relatives, who are in prison, repudiated him
- 11.11.2016Patient slashes throat with razor blade in Baku
- 15.11.2016IAC publishes a preliminary report on the crash of the cargo aircraft AN-12 in Afghanistan
- 29.10.2016Snakes attack Ismayilli’s Kurdmashi village, 40 venomous reptiles killed
- 29.10.2016Fire breaks out in two cafes in Sumgayit, 3 poisoned by smoke, 12 evacuated
- 27.10.2016Azerbaijani State Security Service conducted special operation, two extremists killed - UPDATED