Seven people killed in car crash in Azerbaijan identified - UPDATED
The seven people died in a fatal traffic accident in Azerbaijan's Ismailli region have been identified, APA's local bureau reports.
On the Ismayilli-Gabala highway near the village of Topchu, Opel Zafira (99-DF-907) collided with Toyota Prado (99-AL-238).
As a result of the road accident, a resident of Sheki Abbasov Rakhim Serker oglu, born in 1964, Bayramov Ruzigar Mamed oglu, born in 1978, the residents of Gakh Kerimov Yashar Kamal oglu, born 1977, Kerimli Rufana Yashar gizi, born in 1998, as well as children aged 8-13 years - Alim Suleymanli, Orkhan Suleymanli and Aykhan Suleymanli died of serious injuries at the scene.
The rescuers that were brought to the scene by means of special equipment the bodies of the dead removed from the deformed Opel Zafira.
According to the preliminary version, the accident occurred due to the slippery after the rain roads and the excess speed of drivers.
According to the report, a British citizen driving a Toyota Prado car was injured and placed in the Gabala Diagnostic Center.
An investigation is under way.
A fatal traffic accident occurred in Ismayilli region of Azerbaijan killing seven people, including 3 children and injures 3, APA’s local bureau reports
The accident was recorded on the Ismayilli-Gabala highway, in the Topchu village of Ismayilli region.
According to the report, Opel and Toyota Prado collided.
The dead persons are residents of Sheki and Gakh regions.
The circumstances of the road accident and the identity of the deceased are established.
An investigation was launched.
Related news releases
- 13.07.2018The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminates information in connection with a strong fire in Agsu
- 12.07.2018Ministry of Emergency Situations: The fire in Agsu is extinguished
- 10.07.201820 injured in South Africa plane crash
- 10.07.2018An unsanctioned protest action prevented in Ganja, two police officers injured
- 10.07.2018Consistent, systematic work underway in Azerbaijan to prevent extremist, radical tendencies: State Security Service
- 08.07.20186.5-magnitude quake hits L'Esperance Rock, New Zealand
- 04.07.2018Ganja EP: Elmar Veliyev's condition is normal
- 04.07.2018The Prosecutor General's Office, MİA and the SSC issue a joint statement on the attack on Elmar Veliyev
- 03.07.2018Ganja Executive Power subjected to an armed attack
- 03.07.2018The evacuation process has been fully implemented in Baku Metro and the subway is equipped with electricity
- 03.07.2018Parviz Shahbazov: "Electricity supply to all strategic facilities has been restored"
- 03.07.2018Electricity supply to all facilities of state importance in Baku restored
- 03.07.2018Power to Heydar Aliyev International Airport and Baku Metro has been restored
- 03.07.2018Electricity supply to most districts of Baku restored - UPDATED
- 03.07.2018Ministry of Energy and "Azerenergy" OJSC release joint information on accident at Mingachevir TPS
- 03.07.2018Azerenergy official: "It is planned to provide full energy supply within next hours"
- 03.07.2018Incident in Mingachevir TPS under control of Azerbaijani President
- 03.07.2018Kemaleddin Heydarov: Maintenance is already underway at damaged block
- 03.07.2018MES: Fire extinguished in Mingachevir TPS, electricity supply being restored - UPDATED-1
- 27.06.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 23.06.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 15.06.20183 died, another 3 injured as car crashes into cows in Azerbaijan
- 09.06.2018An armed incident occurs in a penitentiary in Baku
- 06.06.2018Strong earthquake in Zaqatala causes cracks in the walls of a number of houses
- 05.06.2018Magnitude 6 earthquake hits Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 04.06.2018“Border-Shield” operation launched on Azerbaijani-Russian border
- 03.06.20182 climbers killed after fall from Yosemite’s El Capitan
- 02.06.2018The mudflow destroyed the bridge in Goychay
- 01.06.2018Armed man attacks on apartment, shoots mother and daughter
- 30.05.201814 people injured and 25 cars damaged after bus crash in Dartford
- 29.05.2018Russian Journalist Killed in Kiev - Ukraine's Interior Ministry
- 17.05.2018Group head: "Missing mountaineers have fallen under a powerful avalanche"
- 17.05.2018Bodies of the missing mountaineers were taken to morgue
- 16.05.2018President Aliyev: Great work done to ensure Nakhchivan’s security
- 29.04.2018The fire in a multi-storey building in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 28.04.2018Il-38 plane of Indian Air Force makes emergency landing at Moscow region's airport
- 20.04.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Fire in a multi-storied residential building under construction in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 07.04.2018Helicopter rescues fisherman stuck among crocodiles
- 01.04.20186 killed and 2 injured in head-on collision between passenger car and truck in Azerbaijan
- 27.09.2017Quake hits Azerbaijan’s Shamakhi
- 29.09.2017Lotfi Zadeh’s body brought to Baku
- 01.10.2017Magnitude 5.3 earthquake hits Russia's Kamchatka peninsula
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan sends helicopter to Georgia to tackle forest fires
- 22.09.2017OPEC and non-OPEC countries to discuss oil export monitoring mechanism
- 19.09.20174 women killed, 3 others injured in severe traffic accident in Azerbaijan