Special search operations conducted in Nardaran
Baku. Hafiz Heydarov – APA. Interior Ministry conducted special search operations in Nardaran township, Baku.
Interior Ministry told APA that though the leadership of the ministry demanded Nardaran residents to voluntarily hand over arms illegally stored at homes several times, law enforcement agencies received information on storage of firearms by some residents. As a result of special search operations conducted by employees of police department #42 of Sabunchu district police office, Kalashnikov rifle, 90 cartridges and 2 chargers were seized from the house of Imran Agharzayev. He buried them in the yard of his house.
As a result of search operations, Nardaran resident Alim Zakiyev was detained. During the inspection in his house’s basement, 34 cartridges for Kalashnikov rifle and a charger were seized.
Sabunchu District Police Office’s Investigation Department launched a criminal case on the above-mentioned facts and investigation is underway.
The Interior Ministry appealed to citizens that all must hand over illegal arms to the law-enforcement authorities voluntarily.
Relevant amendments have been made to the Criminal Code on people’s voluntarily handing over arms. According to the amendments, the citizen who voluntarily hands over arms to the police is not prosecuted.
- 28.04.2017Trial held in case of Azerbaijani MNS ex-official charged with extortion
- 27.04.2017Turkish forces rescue Russian soldiers in Black Sea
- 25.04.2017SCC: Reports about mass brawl and beating of a customs official are untrue
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan sends one prosecutor into retirement, replaces two others
- 13.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues
- 05.04.2017Two dead, one injured in train-car collision in Azerbaijan
- 29.03.2017The MES spread information about fires in Baku and Shabran
- 29.03.2017Father killed his 7 year-old son with a hammer in Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 25.03.2017Russia puts Armenian, born in Baku, on Interpol wanted list
- 18.03.201710 trucks carrying goods belonging to Azerbaijani companies hijacked in Ukraine
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijan deported over 1,500 foreigners in February
- 07.03.2017Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-employee pleads not guilty - UPDATED
- 03.03.2017About 900 Azerbaijanis joined terrorist groups in Syria, Iraq
- 28.02.2017General Prosecutor's Office warns “Azerbaycan 24” news portal’s editor-in-chief
- 25.02.2017Date of hearing on appeals of those accused of reporter Rasim Aliyev’s death revealed
- 22.02.2017Prosecutor General's Office: "A criminal case was launched against members of the European Parliament"
- 22.02.2017Witnesses testify in Akif Chovdarov’s trial
- 22.02.2017Experts assess value of property Vidadi Zeynalov wants to put up for sale
- 09.02.2017Azerbaijan prevents drug smuggling from Iran
- 07.02.2017Blogger Alexander Lapshin extradited from Belarus to Azerbaijan - VIDEO - PHOTO
- 07.02.2017Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Jalilabad region
- 27.01.2017Azerbaijani Interior Ministry holds board meeting
- 23.01.2017ICRC visits Armenian scout imprisoned in Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2017Interior Ministry has filed a petition to the General Prosecutor's Office against Mehman Huseynov
- 10.01.2017SOCAR released information about a fire broke out at a gas pipeline in Sangachal - UPDATED
- 08.01.2017SCC comments on reports about the detention of trucks at the border
- 07.01.2017Iraqi Embassy in Baku issues statement on the murder in “Demirchi Tower” business center
- 20.12.20164 magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Balaken region
- 04.12.201659 UXOs detected in Azerbaijan’s Gazakh city
- 30.11.20164.3 magnitude earthquake hits the Caspian Sea
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijan announces dates of 2017 holidays
- 26.11.2016Aircraft of Azerbaijani MES successfully eliminates fires in 8 locations in Israel
- 24.11.2016Three killed after car crashes into truck in Azerbaijan
- 23.11.2016Fire breaks out in Baku, one dead
- 19.11.2016People's artist of Azerbaijan Nariman Azimov dies
- 18.11.2016About 1,000 left without home after major fire in Jakarta
- 16.11.2016Ex-Azerbaijani minister pays over 6M manats for causing damage to state
- 15.11.2016IAC publishes a preliminary report on the crash of the cargo aircraft AN-12 in Afghanistan
- 11.11.2016Patient slashes throat with razor blade in Baku
- 08.11.2016Ganimat Zahid's relatives, who are in prison, repudiated him
- 08.10.2016Over 2,000 police officers hold operation in Baku
- 10.10.2016571 killed in Azerbaijan traffic accidents since early 2016
- 10.10.2016IBA ex-head makes final statement in court
- 07.10.2016Truck strikes train in Baku, driver killed
- 06.10.2016Two former employees of the Ministry of Communications and High Technologies of Azerbaijan released
- 05.10.2016Dekabank appeals to court on cancellation of decision on its liquidation