Prosecutor General's Office issues statement on nurse killed a month ago - UPDATED
Baku. Hafiz Heydarov – APA. Prosecutor General's Office has issued a statement on the murder committed in Ganja.
Press service of the Prosecutor General's Office told APA that 42-year old Ganja resident, Mayilova Svetlana Kamal, who worked as a nurse at Ganja City Emergency Medical Aid Station and went missing on October 24 this year, turned out to be killed.
On November 28, 29-year old Aliyev Rauf Ruman surrendered to Ganja City Main Police Office, confessed that he killed Mayilova and buried her body in the stable of his parents’ house in Garadaghli village of Goranboy region.
Employees of the Prosecutor’s Office and Police Office immediately went to the site and removed Mayilova’s body.
Ganja City Prosecutor’s Office has launched a criminal case on the fact under article #120.1 (premeditated murder) of the Criminal Code, Aliyev was arrested.
Aliyev said that he stabbed Mayilova to death as a result of personal dispute on October 24 and 4 days after the incident, took her body to Garadaghli village of Goranboy region by his father’s "GAZ-24" and buried her in the yard.
Necessary procedures were carried out on the case.
Investigation is underway.
It was revealed that 42-year old Ganja resident, Svetlana Mayilova, who went missing on October 24 this year, was killed and buried in Garadaghli village of Goranboy region.
As a result of the operations, it was found out that 29-year old Ganja resident, Rauf Aliyev stabbed Mayilova to death. 4 days after the incident, Aliyev took Mayilova’s body to Garadaghli village of Goranboy region by his father’s "GAZ-24" and buried her in the yard.
Aliyev was detained.
Ganja City Prosecutor’s Office has launched a criminal case on the fact.
Related news releases
- 12.01.2018MES "The search of the missing climbers is carried out on a high mountain range with a complex terrain"
- 07.01.2018Dozens Injured in 5.1 Quake in Western Iran
- 06.01.2018Names of injured in bus crash in Baku revealed
- 06.01.2018Magnitude 5.1 quake hits western Iran
- 05.01.2018Foreign experts visit area of search of missing climbers
- 05.01.2018Kamchatka volcano spits up ash 5-7 kilometers high
- 04.01.2018Search for the missing mountaineers continued today - PHOTO - VIDEO
- 31.12.2017The People's Artist of Azerbaijan Chingiz Sadykhov dies
- 29.12.2017MES: "The search of climbers is conducted in all possible directions"
- 27.12.2017Ministry of Emergency Situations appeals to social network users and media
- 09.12.20174 killed, 4 injured in a traffic accident in Sheki
- 05.12.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 4 in Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Brazil striker given prison sentence
- 20.11.2017Akif Chovdarov files appeal against verdict
- 19.11.20175.9-magnitude quake hits 73 km NNE of Tobelo, Indonesia
- 16.11.20173.5-magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Iran earthquake death toll reached 530 people
- 03.11.2017Eldar Mahmudov's assistant arrested
- 02.11.2017The school director accused of sexual assault against schoolgirl in Khacmaz region arresred
- 02.11.2017Escaped convict and one more person killed in special operation in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Municipal candidate of Azerbaijani origin shot in Georgia
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijan neutralized 99 criminal groups of 228 persons this year
- 14.10.2017Baku police detain members of gang committing robbery against foreigners
- 06.10.2017Prison term for Gozal Bayramli extended
- 03.10.2017Court rejects Rauf Mirgadirov’s appeal
- 01.10.2017Magnitude 5.3 earthquake hits Russia's Kamchatka peninsula
- 29.09.2017Lotfi Zadeh’s body brought to Baku
- 27.09.2017Quake hits Azerbaijan’s Shamakhi
- 27.09.2017Seven people killed in car crash in Azerbaijan identified - UPDATED
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan sends helicopter to Georgia to tackle forest fires
- 22.09.2017OPEC and non-OPEC countries to discuss oil export monitoring mechanism
- 19.09.20174 women killed, 3 others injured in severe traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani minister's son died
- 14.09.2017Alexander Lapshin left Azerbaijan
- 08.09.201726 of 39 poisoned people at the wedding in Tovuz, discharged home - UPDATED - 3
- 07.09.2017Court to consider Mehman Aliyev’s appeal on Sept.8
- 03.09.2017183 UXOs detected in Azerbaijan’s Khizi region
- 02.09.2017Ministry: The strong wind expands the fire area in Gabala
- 31.08.2017Forest fire in Oguz region spread to the territory of the Shahdag National Park
- 31.08.2017Court refuses to commute Afgan Mukhtarli’s detention to house arrest
- 29.11.2014David Beckham 'injured' in car crash after picking up son
- 01.12.201459-year-old woman hit by train in Azerbaijan
- 01.12.2014Two brothers killed after car crashes into three in Azerbaijan
- 29.11.2014Car hits young sister and brother in Azerbaijan
- 29.11.2014Quake hits Azerbaijan’s southern region
- 27.11.2014Criminal case launched on arson committed in Baku mosque