Official information released on protests in Siyazan and other districts
APA reports according to the joint information of the republic’s General Prosecutor's Office and Ministry of Internal Affairs that, the protestors, grossly violating the public order, disobeyed the legitimate demands of the government’s representatives and committed illegal actions which led to violation of normal functioning of transportation, enterprises, institutions and organizations.
Consequently, police officers who fulfilled the duties, were subjected to use of force which was dangerous to their life and health, they received various bodily injures, and two service vehicles of police were damaged through a dangerous way.
Thanks to legal measures taken by police and internal troops in order to protect the constitutional rights of the district’s residents and ensure their safety, the restore law and order were restored, 55 persons were detained over engagement in illegal actions.
The General Prosecutor's Office launched a criminal case under the Articles #186.2.2 (Deliberate destruction or damage of property by an arson, explosion or other publicly dangers way or entailed heavy consequences), #233 (Organization of actions promoting infringement of a social order or active participation in such actions), #315.2 (Resistance or application of violence concerning the representative of authority, application of the violence dangerous to life or health, concerning the persons) and investigation is underway.
Some of the detainees were prosecuted, as well as appropriate measures were taken against whose actions contained elements of administrative offenses.
Experts have been appointed to measure the amount of damage caused to the state and citizens as a result of the incident, the severity of injures caused to the police officers and other aspects.
The initial procedural investigation revealed that the illegal actions committed in Siyazan, Lankaran, Fuzuli, Aghjabadi and Agsu which aimed to violate the public order have been organized by APFP and Musavat Party activists, as well as a number of radical and religious extremist forces.
Once again, one should bear in mind that all illegal actions aimed at damaging continuous measures taken by the government under the direct supervision of the president to neutralize the negative effects of the economic crisis around the world, undermine the public order, stability and citizens’ safety in the republic will be further resolutely prevented under the law.
Related news releases
- 13.07.2018The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminates information in connection with a strong fire in Agsu
- 12.07.2018Ministry of Emergency Situations: The fire in Agsu is extinguished
- 10.07.201820 injured in South Africa plane crash
- 10.07.2018An unsanctioned protest action prevented in Ganja, two police officers injured
- 10.07.2018Consistent, systematic work underway in Azerbaijan to prevent extremist, radical tendencies: State Security Service
- 08.07.20186.5-magnitude quake hits L'Esperance Rock, New Zealand
- 04.07.2018Ganja EP: Elmar Veliyev's condition is normal
- 04.07.2018The Prosecutor General's Office, MİA and the SSC issue a joint statement on the attack on Elmar Veliyev
- 03.07.2018Ganja Executive Power subjected to an armed attack
- 03.07.2018The evacuation process has been fully implemented in Baku Metro and the subway is equipped with electricity
- 03.07.2018Parviz Shahbazov: "Electricity supply to all strategic facilities has been restored"
- 03.07.2018Electricity supply to all facilities of state importance in Baku restored
- 03.07.2018Power to Heydar Aliyev International Airport and Baku Metro has been restored
- 03.07.2018Electricity supply to most districts of Baku restored - UPDATED
- 03.07.2018Ministry of Energy and "Azerenergy" OJSC release joint information on accident at Mingachevir TPS
- 03.07.2018Azerenergy official: "It is planned to provide full energy supply within next hours"
- 03.07.2018Incident in Mingachevir TPS under control of Azerbaijani President
- 03.07.2018Kemaleddin Heydarov: Maintenance is already underway at damaged block
- 03.07.2018MES: Fire extinguished in Mingachevir TPS, electricity supply being restored - UPDATED-1
- 27.06.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 23.06.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 15.06.20183 died, another 3 injured as car crashes into cows in Azerbaijan
- 09.06.2018An armed incident occurs in a penitentiary in Baku
- 06.06.2018Strong earthquake in Zaqatala causes cracks in the walls of a number of houses
- 05.06.2018Magnitude 6 earthquake hits Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 04.06.2018“Border-Shield” operation launched on Azerbaijani-Russian border
- 03.06.20182 climbers killed after fall from Yosemite’s El Capitan
- 02.06.2018The mudflow destroyed the bridge in Goychay
- 01.06.2018Armed man attacks on apartment, shoots mother and daughter
- 30.05.201814 people injured and 25 cars damaged after bus crash in Dartford
- 29.05.2018Russian Journalist Killed in Kiev - Ukraine's Interior Ministry
- 17.05.2018Group head: "Missing mountaineers have fallen under a powerful avalanche"
- 17.05.2018Bodies of the missing mountaineers were taken to morgue
- 16.05.2018President Aliyev: Great work done to ensure Nakhchivan’s security
- 29.04.2018The fire in a multi-storey building in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 28.04.2018Il-38 plane of Indian Air Force makes emergency landing at Moscow region's airport
- 20.04.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Fire in a multi-storied residential building under construction in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 07.04.2018Helicopter rescues fisherman stuck among crocodiles
- 01.04.20186 killed and 2 injured in head-on collision between passenger car and truck in Azerbaijan
- 14.01.2016Those accused of reporter’s murder in Azerbaijan testifies at trial
- 14.01.2016Man arrested for armed assaults on filling stations in Azerbaijan’s Masalli
- 14.01.2016Preliminary investigation underway into case of misappropriation of funds of Azerbaijan’s largest bank
- 13.01.2016Azerbaijani jailed for life over fatal shooting of Russian police officer
- 13.01.2016Chairpersons of Lankaran branches of APFP and Musavat Party jailed for 30 days
- 13.01.2016Incident occurs between police and locals in Azerbaijan’s Siyazan