Official information released on protests in Siyazan and other districts
APA reports according to the joint information of the republic’s General Prosecutor's Office and Ministry of Internal Affairs that, the protestors, grossly violating the public order, disobeyed the legitimate demands of the government’s representatives and committed illegal actions which led to violation of normal functioning of transportation, enterprises, institutions and organizations.
Consequently, police officers who fulfilled the duties, were subjected to use of force which was dangerous to their life and health, they received various bodily injures, and two service vehicles of police were damaged through a dangerous way.
Thanks to legal measures taken by police and internal troops in order to protect the constitutional rights of the district’s residents and ensure their safety, the restore law and order were restored, 55 persons were detained over engagement in illegal actions.
The General Prosecutor's Office launched a criminal case under the Articles #186.2.2 (Deliberate destruction or damage of property by an arson, explosion or other publicly dangers way or entailed heavy consequences), #233 (Organization of actions promoting infringement of a social order or active participation in such actions), #315.2 (Resistance or application of violence concerning the representative of authority, application of the violence dangerous to life or health, concerning the persons) and investigation is underway.
Some of the detainees were prosecuted, as well as appropriate measures were taken against whose actions contained elements of administrative offenses.
Experts have been appointed to measure the amount of damage caused to the state and citizens as a result of the incident, the severity of injures caused to the police officers and other aspects.
The initial procedural investigation revealed that the illegal actions committed in Siyazan, Lankaran, Fuzuli, Aghjabadi and Agsu which aimed to violate the public order have been organized by APFP and Musavat Party activists, as well as a number of radical and religious extremist forces.
Once again, one should bear in mind that all illegal actions aimed at damaging continuous measures taken by the government under the direct supervision of the president to neutralize the negative effects of the economic crisis around the world, undermine the public order, stability and citizens’ safety in the republic will be further resolutely prevented under the law.
Related news releases
- 07.03.2018Earthquake kills at least 18 in Papua New Guinea
- 02.03.2018One dies, three injured as strong fire occurs in the Republican Narcological Dispensary - UPDATED - 4
- 17.02.2018SOCAR's petrol tanker burst into flames in Georgia
- 09.02.2018Small asteroid will pass very close to Earth on Friday
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan's People's Artist Zarnigar Agakishiyeva dies
- 07.02.2018Fire broke out in Baku, 30 people were evacuated
- 07.02.2018Elon Musk's Falcon Heavy rocket launches successfully
- 06.02.2018The Ministry of Defense Industry releases information on the fire occured in the plant
- 06.02.2018The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminated information in connection with the explosion at the plant in Baku
- 06.02.2018Explosion occurred in Radio engineering plant in Baku, no one injured - UPDATED
- 02.02.2018Boiler room explosion rocks Turkish capital, no casualties: governor
- 26.01.2018South Korea hospital fire kills 33, injures 50
- 26.01.20184 killed in Ukranian helicopter crash
- 23.01.2018A prominent Azerbaijani journalist dies
- 12.01.2018MES "The search of the missing climbers is carried out on a high mountain range with a complex terrain"
- 07.01.2018Dozens Injured in 5.1 Quake in Western Iran
- 06.01.2018Names of injured in bus crash in Baku revealed
- 06.01.2018Magnitude 5.1 quake hits western Iran
- 05.01.2018Foreign experts visit area of search of missing climbers
- 05.01.2018Kamchatka volcano spits up ash 5-7 kilometers high
- 04.01.2018Search for the missing mountaineers continued today - PHOTO - VIDEO
- 31.12.2017The People's Artist of Azerbaijan Chingiz Sadykhov dies
- 29.12.2017MES: "The search of climbers is conducted in all possible directions"
- 27.12.2017Ministry of Emergency Situations appeals to social network users and media
- 09.12.20174 killed, 4 injured in a traffic accident in Sheki
- 05.12.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 4 in Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Brazil striker given prison sentence
- 20.11.2017Akif Chovdarov files appeal against verdict
- 19.11.20175.9-magnitude quake hits 73 km NNE of Tobelo, Indonesia
- 16.11.20173.5-magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Iran earthquake death toll reached 530 people
- 03.11.2017Eldar Mahmudov's assistant arrested
- 02.11.2017The school director accused of sexual assault against schoolgirl in Khacmaz region arresred
- 02.11.2017Escaped convict and one more person killed in special operation in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Municipal candidate of Azerbaijani origin shot in Georgia
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijan neutralized 99 criminal groups of 228 persons this year
- 14.10.2017Baku police detain members of gang committing robbery against foreigners
- 06.10.2017Prison term for Gozal Bayramli extended
- 03.10.2017Court rejects Rauf Mirgadirov’s appeal
- 01.10.2017Magnitude 5.3 earthquake hits Russia's Kamchatka peninsula
- 14.01.2016Those accused of reporter’s murder in Azerbaijan testifies at trial
- 14.01.2016Man arrested for armed assaults on filling stations in Azerbaijan’s Masalli
- 14.01.2016Preliminary investigation underway into case of misappropriation of funds of Azerbaijan’s largest bank
- 13.01.2016Azerbaijani jailed for life over fatal shooting of Russian police officer
- 13.01.2016Chairpersons of Lankaran branches of APFP and Musavat Party jailed for 30 days
- 13.01.2016Incident occurs between police and locals in Azerbaijan’s Siyazan