MES: "The search of climbers is conducted in all possible directions"
The search for three missing members of the Gilavar Air and Extreme Sports Club, headed from Khinalig village to Tufandag, continues," head of the headquarters, established in the northern regional center of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, Colonel Shahin Mirzayev, told APA.
According to him, missing Babur Huseynov, Namig Bunyadov and Farida Jabrailzade were supposed to return on December 26: "In the evening around 17-18:00 on December 24 they contacted their friends and reported that, due to bad weather conditions, they would spend the night in a tent . Since that time the connection with the climbers has been lost. We began searches on December 27 and continue it until now. "
According to the representative of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, the weather in the area is very cold: "Temperature minus is 10-15 degrees and very large. The thickness of the snow is 5-6 meters. Searches, including a helicopter, are carried out both at the foot of Tufandag and at the highest altitudes. The Mi-17 helicopter of the Ministry of Emergency Situations aviation division, search and rescue teams of the northern regional center, Special Risky Rescue Service of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, mountaineers-professionals joined to the searches. But there are no results so far. For today the search is completed, it will continue tomorrow. "
Mirzayev noted that today there were found traces, presumably left by climbers: "As our employees informed us, traces were found during the ascent to Tufandag. And some of them are small, most likely female. But they are interrupted after 15 meters. Mobile communication with the missing alpinists was interrupted on December 24 at the foot of Tufandag. Time was wasted. When an insident occurs, people do not appeal right away, but after a while. It would have been better if, in such cases, they immediately informed the relevant authorities about what had happened. Tomorrow morning, the search will continue. "
Director of the Gilavar Air and Extreme Sports Club Ziya Gasimov told APA that the club members did not have radio transmitters. "They only had mobile phones. In the evening of December 24 they wrote me the last message. We waited two days. After that, the Emergency Ministry, the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources were informed."
Three members of Gilavar Air and Extreme Sports Club - Farida Jabrayilzade, Babur Huseynov and Namin Bunyatzade - moving from Khinalig village of Azerbaijan’s Guba District in the direction of Mount Tufandag went missing on Dec. 23.
A Mi-17 helicopter of the Azerbaijani Ministry of Emergency Situations, a rescue team of the Northern Regional Center, a rescue team and specially trained dogs of the Special Risky Rescue Service of the ministry and a group of volunteers consisting of professional mountaineers are involved in the search operations.
Chief of the MES North Regional Center, Colonel Shahin Mirzayev leads the headquarters.
Related news releases
- 17.05.2018Group head: "Missing mountaineers have fallen under a powerful avalanche"
- 17.05.2018Bodies of the missing mountaineers were taken to morgue
- 16.05.2018President Aliyev: Great work done to ensure Nakhchivan’s security
- 29.04.2018The fire in a multi-storey building in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 28.04.2018Il-38 plane of Indian Air Force makes emergency landing at Moscow region's airport
- 20.04.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Fire in a multi-storied residential building under construction in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 07.04.2018Helicopter rescues fisherman stuck among crocodiles
- 01.04.20186 killed and 2 injured in head-on collision between passenger car and truck in Azerbaijan
- 28.03.2018Gunman shooting Calgary police officer
- 24.03.2018Fire breaks out in forest in Azerbaijan’s Lerik and Shabran distrcts
- 07.03.2018Earthquake kills at least 18 in Papua New Guinea
- 02.03.2018One dies, three injured as strong fire occurs in the Republican Narcological Dispensary - UPDATED - 4
- 17.02.2018SOCAR's petrol tanker burst into flames in Georgia
- 09.02.2018Small asteroid will pass very close to Earth on Friday
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan's People's Artist Zarnigar Agakishiyeva dies
- 07.02.2018Fire broke out in Baku, 30 people were evacuated
- 07.02.2018Elon Musk's Falcon Heavy rocket launches successfully
- 06.02.2018The Ministry of Defense Industry releases information on the fire occured in the plant
- 06.02.2018The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminated information in connection with the explosion at the plant in Baku
- 06.02.2018Explosion occurred in Radio engineering plant in Baku, no one injured - UPDATED
- 02.02.2018Boiler room explosion rocks Turkish capital, no casualties: governor
- 26.01.2018South Korea hospital fire kills 33, injures 50
- 26.01.20184 killed in Ukranian helicopter crash
- 23.01.2018A prominent Azerbaijani journalist dies
- 12.01.2018MES "The search of the missing climbers is carried out on a high mountain range with a complex terrain"
- 07.01.2018Dozens Injured in 5.1 Quake in Western Iran
- 06.01.2018Names of injured in bus crash in Baku revealed
- 06.01.2018Magnitude 5.1 quake hits western Iran
- 05.01.2018Foreign experts visit area of search of missing climbers
- 24.11.2017Brazil striker given prison sentence
- 20.11.2017Akif Chovdarov files appeal against verdict
- 19.11.20175.9-magnitude quake hits 73 km NNE of Tobelo, Indonesia
- 16.11.20173.5-magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Iran earthquake death toll reached 530 people
- 03.11.2017Eldar Mahmudov's assistant arrested
- 02.11.2017The school director accused of sexual assault against schoolgirl in Khacmaz region arresred
- 02.11.2017Escaped convict and one more person killed in special operation in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Municipal candidate of Azerbaijani origin shot in Georgia
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijan neutralized 99 criminal groups of 228 persons this year
- 31.12.2017The People's Artist of Azerbaijan Chingiz Sadykhov dies
- 04.01.2018Search for the missing mountaineers continued today - PHOTO - VIDEO
- 05.01.2018Kamchatka volcano spits up ash 5-7 kilometers high
- 27.12.2017Ministry of Emergency Situations appeals to social network users and media
- 09.12.20174 killed, 4 injured in a traffic accident in Sheki
- 05.12.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 4 in Azerbaijan