MES: "The search of climbers is conducted in all possible directions"
The search for three missing members of the Gilavar Air and Extreme Sports Club, headed from Khinalig village to Tufandag, continues," head of the headquarters, established in the northern regional center of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, Colonel Shahin Mirzayev, told APA.
According to him, missing Babur Huseynov, Namig Bunyadov and Farida Jabrailzade were supposed to return on December 26: "In the evening around 17-18:00 on December 24 they contacted their friends and reported that, due to bad weather conditions, they would spend the night in a tent . Since that time the connection with the climbers has been lost. We began searches on December 27 and continue it until now. "
According to the representative of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, the weather in the area is very cold: "Temperature minus is 10-15 degrees and very large. The thickness of the snow is 5-6 meters. Searches, including a helicopter, are carried out both at the foot of Tufandag and at the highest altitudes. The Mi-17 helicopter of the Ministry of Emergency Situations aviation division, search and rescue teams of the northern regional center, Special Risky Rescue Service of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, mountaineers-professionals joined to the searches. But there are no results so far. For today the search is completed, it will continue tomorrow. "
Mirzayev noted that today there were found traces, presumably left by climbers: "As our employees informed us, traces were found during the ascent to Tufandag. And some of them are small, most likely female. But they are interrupted after 15 meters. Mobile communication with the missing alpinists was interrupted on December 24 at the foot of Tufandag. Time was wasted. When an insident occurs, people do not appeal right away, but after a while. It would have been better if, in such cases, they immediately informed the relevant authorities about what had happened. Tomorrow morning, the search will continue. "
Director of the Gilavar Air and Extreme Sports Club Ziya Gasimov told APA that the club members did not have radio transmitters. "They only had mobile phones. In the evening of December 24 they wrote me the last message. We waited two days. After that, the Emergency Ministry, the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources were informed."
Three members of Gilavar Air and Extreme Sports Club - Farida Jabrayilzade, Babur Huseynov and Namin Bunyatzade - moving from Khinalig village of Azerbaijan’s Guba District in the direction of Mount Tufandag went missing on Dec. 23.
A Mi-17 helicopter of the Azerbaijani Ministry of Emergency Situations, a rescue team of the Northern Regional Center, a rescue team and specially trained dogs of the Special Risky Rescue Service of the ministry and a group of volunteers consisting of professional mountaineers are involved in the search operations.
Chief of the MES North Regional Center, Colonel Shahin Mirzayev leads the headquarters.
Related news releases
- 13.07.2018The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminates information in connection with a strong fire in Agsu
- 12.07.2018Ministry of Emergency Situations: The fire in Agsu is extinguished
- 10.07.201820 injured in South Africa plane crash
- 10.07.2018An unsanctioned protest action prevented in Ganja, two police officers injured
- 10.07.2018Consistent, systematic work underway in Azerbaijan to prevent extremist, radical tendencies: State Security Service
- 08.07.20186.5-magnitude quake hits L'Esperance Rock, New Zealand
- 04.07.2018Ganja EP: Elmar Veliyev's condition is normal
- 04.07.2018The Prosecutor General's Office, MİA and the SSC issue a joint statement on the attack on Elmar Veliyev
- 03.07.2018Ganja Executive Power subjected to an armed attack
- 03.07.2018The evacuation process has been fully implemented in Baku Metro and the subway is equipped with electricity
- 03.07.2018Parviz Shahbazov: "Electricity supply to all strategic facilities has been restored"
- 03.07.2018Electricity supply to all facilities of state importance in Baku restored
- 03.07.2018Power to Heydar Aliyev International Airport and Baku Metro has been restored
- 03.07.2018Electricity supply to most districts of Baku restored - UPDATED
- 03.07.2018Ministry of Energy and "Azerenergy" OJSC release joint information on accident at Mingachevir TPS
- 03.07.2018Azerenergy official: "It is planned to provide full energy supply within next hours"
- 03.07.2018Incident in Mingachevir TPS under control of Azerbaijani President
- 03.07.2018Kemaleddin Heydarov: Maintenance is already underway at damaged block
- 03.07.2018MES: Fire extinguished in Mingachevir TPS, electricity supply being restored - UPDATED-1
- 27.06.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 23.06.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 15.06.20183 died, another 3 injured as car crashes into cows in Azerbaijan
- 09.06.2018An armed incident occurs in a penitentiary in Baku
- 06.06.2018Strong earthquake in Zaqatala causes cracks in the walls of a number of houses
- 05.06.2018Magnitude 6 earthquake hits Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 04.06.2018“Border-Shield” operation launched on Azerbaijani-Russian border
- 03.06.20182 climbers killed after fall from Yosemite’s El Capitan
- 02.06.2018The mudflow destroyed the bridge in Goychay
- 01.06.2018Armed man attacks on apartment, shoots mother and daughter
- 30.05.201814 people injured and 25 cars damaged after bus crash in Dartford
- 29.05.2018Russian Journalist Killed in Kiev - Ukraine's Interior Ministry
- 17.05.2018Group head: "Missing mountaineers have fallen under a powerful avalanche"
- 17.05.2018Bodies of the missing mountaineers were taken to morgue
- 16.05.2018President Aliyev: Great work done to ensure Nakhchivan’s security
- 29.04.2018The fire in a multi-storey building in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 28.04.2018Il-38 plane of Indian Air Force makes emergency landing at Moscow region's airport
- 20.04.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Fire in a multi-storied residential building under construction in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 07.04.2018Helicopter rescues fisherman stuck among crocodiles
- 01.04.20186 killed and 2 injured in head-on collision between passenger car and truck in Azerbaijan
- 31.12.2017The People's Artist of Azerbaijan Chingiz Sadykhov dies
- 04.01.2018Search for the missing mountaineers continued today - PHOTO - VIDEO
- 05.01.2018Kamchatka volcano spits up ash 5-7 kilometers high
- 27.12.2017Ministry of Emergency Situations appeals to social network users and media
- 09.12.20174 killed, 4 injured in a traffic accident in Sheki
- 05.12.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 4 in Azerbaijan