Journalist Khadija Ismayilova conditionally released
Ismayilova was acquitted of charges under articles 179 and 308 of the Criminal Code of Azerbaijan. Then her punishment was considered conditional.
According to the decision of the Supreme Court, she is deprived of the right to occupy leading positions in state and government bodies for two years.
Ismayilova was absent at the hearing.
She had sentenced to seven years and five months in prison upon the judgment of the Baku Court of Grave Crimes. Then, Ismayilova had filed an appeal against the court judgment, asking to terminate the criminal case and release her. But the court had rejected the appeal.
Related news releases
- 17.05.2018Group head: "Missing mountaineers have fallen under a powerful avalanche"
- 17.05.2018Bodies of the missing mountaineers were taken to morgue
- 16.05.2018President Aliyev: Great work done to ensure Nakhchivan’s security
- 29.04.2018The fire in a multi-storey building in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 28.04.2018Il-38 plane of Indian Air Force makes emergency landing at Moscow region's airport
- 20.04.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Fire in a multi-storied residential building under construction in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 07.04.2018Helicopter rescues fisherman stuck among crocodiles
- 01.04.20186 killed and 2 injured in head-on collision between passenger car and truck in Azerbaijan
- 28.03.2018Gunman shooting Calgary police officer
- 24.03.2018Fire breaks out in forest in Azerbaijan’s Lerik and Shabran distrcts
- 07.03.2018Earthquake kills at least 18 in Papua New Guinea
- 02.03.2018One dies, three injured as strong fire occurs in the Republican Narcological Dispensary - UPDATED - 4
- 17.02.2018SOCAR's petrol tanker burst into flames in Georgia
- 09.02.2018Small asteroid will pass very close to Earth on Friday
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan's People's Artist Zarnigar Agakishiyeva dies
- 07.02.2018Fire broke out in Baku, 30 people were evacuated
- 07.02.2018Elon Musk's Falcon Heavy rocket launches successfully
- 06.02.2018The Ministry of Defense Industry releases information on the fire occured in the plant
- 06.02.2018The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminated information in connection with the explosion at the plant in Baku
- 06.02.2018Explosion occurred in Radio engineering plant in Baku, no one injured - UPDATED
- 02.02.2018Boiler room explosion rocks Turkish capital, no casualties: governor
- 26.01.2018South Korea hospital fire kills 33, injures 50
- 26.01.20184 killed in Ukranian helicopter crash
- 23.01.2018A prominent Azerbaijani journalist dies
- 12.01.2018MES "The search of the missing climbers is carried out on a high mountain range with a complex terrain"
- 07.01.2018Dozens Injured in 5.1 Quake in Western Iran
- 06.01.2018Names of injured in bus crash in Baku revealed
- 06.01.2018Magnitude 5.1 quake hits western Iran
- 05.01.2018Foreign experts visit area of search of missing climbers
- 05.01.2018Kamchatka volcano spits up ash 5-7 kilometers high
- 04.01.2018Search for the missing mountaineers continued today - PHOTO - VIDEO
- 31.12.2017The People's Artist of Azerbaijan Chingiz Sadykhov dies
- 29.12.2017MES: "The search of climbers is conducted in all possible directions"
- 27.12.2017Ministry of Emergency Situations appeals to social network users and media
- 09.12.20174 killed, 4 injured in a traffic accident in Sheki
- 05.12.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 4 in Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Brazil striker given prison sentence
- 20.11.2017Akif Chovdarov files appeal against verdict
- 19.11.20175.9-magnitude quake hits 73 km NNE of Tobelo, Indonesia
- 26.05.2016Azerbaijani man detained on suspicion of murdering his wife in Russia
- 27.05.2016Woman, 47, dies of rabies in Azerbaijan
- 30.05.2016Snake bites 10-year-old boy in Azerbaijan
- 23.05.2016Bodies of three people killed in Azerbaijani plane crash in Afghanistan handed over to their families
- 21.05.2016Bodies of three crew members of crashed AN12 plane to be given to relatives
- 20.05.2016Religious extremism more conspicuous in today’s terrorist acts – Azerbaijani SSS chief