Intigam Aliyev released
Baku. Shahriyar Alizade – APA. Intigam Aliyev, the imprisoned chairman of the Legal Enlightenment Society was released.
The judgment passed by plenum of the Supreme Court today regarding Intigam Aliyev was executed.
Aliyev’s son Nejmin Kamilsoy told journalists that chief of jail #6 said his father was released.
The Supreme Court held a hearing on the cassation appeal filed by Azerbaijani Prosecutor General Zakir Garalov against the verdict on Intigam Aliyev, the imprisoned chairman of the Legal Enlightenment Society on March 28.
Deputy Prosecutor General Namig Asgarov defended the cassation appeal at the hearing presided over by Ramiz Rzayev, chairman of the Supreme Court. The plenum upheld the cassation appeal.
Intigam Aliyev’s sentence was replaced by 5-year suspended sentence under the article #70 of the Criminal Code.
Aliyev faces charges under the Criminal Code’s articles #213.1 (tax evasion), #308.2 (abuse of power), and #192.2 (illegal business) and #179.3.2 (assignment or waste).
The Baku Court on Grave crimes sentenced Intigam Aliyev to seven years and six months in prison and deprived him of holding any position for 3 years.
The appeal filed by Intigam Aliyev against the court verdict was dismissed. Then Aliyev submitted a cassation appeal to the Supreme Court.
A few days ago, Prosecutor General Zakir Garalov filed a cassation appeal to the Supreme Court against the verdict on Intigam Aliyev.
Related news releases
- 14.10.2017Baku police detain members of gang committing robbery against foreigners
- 06.10.2017Prison term for Gozal Bayramli extended
- 03.10.2017Court rejects Rauf Mirgadirov’s appeal
- 01.10.2017Magnitude 5.3 earthquake hits Russia's Kamchatka peninsula
- 29.09.2017Lotfi Zadeh’s body brought to Baku
- 27.09.2017Quake hits Azerbaijan’s Shamakhi
- 27.09.2017Seven people killed in car crash in Azerbaijan identified - UPDATED
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan sends helicopter to Georgia to tackle forest fires
- 22.09.2017OPEC and non-OPEC countries to discuss oil export monitoring mechanism
- 19.09.20174 women killed, 3 others injured in severe traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani minister's son died
- 14.09.2017Alexander Lapshin left Azerbaijan
- 08.09.201726 of 39 poisoned people at the wedding in Tovuz, discharged home - UPDATED - 3
- 07.09.2017Court to consider Mehman Aliyev’s appeal on Sept.8
- 03.09.2017183 UXOs detected in Azerbaijan’s Khizi region
- 02.09.2017Ministry: The strong wind expands the fire area in Gabala
- 31.08.2017Forest fire in Oguz region spread to the territory of the Shahdag National Park
- 31.08.2017Court refuses to commute Afgan Mukhtarli’s detention to house arrest
- 30.08.2017Akif Chovdarov’s lawyer asks court for one month to prepare speech
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijan State Security Service prevents smuggling of 44kg drugs
- 30.08.2017119 UXOs and 227 EBOs detected in Khizi region of Azerbaijan
- 29.08.2017Helicopter involved in extinguishing forest fires in Azerbaijan
- 28.08.2017Criminal case against Natig Jafarli terminated
- 26.08.2017The first staff of the rescue and fire-fighting team of the MES returned to country from Georgia
- 26.08.2017Azerbaijan’s helicopter involved in tackling fires in Georgia today as well
- 23.08.2017Azerbaijan's firefighters continue to battle Georgia wildfires, set up field tents
- 22.08.2017Azerbaijani ministry’s rescue team involved in extinguishing forest fires in Georgia
- 21.08.2017Azerbaijan sends helicopter to help Georgia tackle forest fires
- 14.08.2017Large amount of money and jewelry stolen in house in Baku
- 10.08.2017The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminates information on the fire in Binagadi district
- 06.08.2017Fire occurs at the dormitory in Sumgayit, 15 residents rescued, 20 were evacuated
- 03.08.20172 killed, 1 injured in a fatal traffic accident in Baku
- 26.07.2017Reasons of suicide committed in Shamkir known - UPDATED
- 25.07.2017Turkish plane is rerouted to Algiers after false bomb alert
- 21.07.2017Magnitude 6.7 quake hits Turkey’s west coast, up to 70 people injured
- 18.07.2017Incident occurred among fans of Samtredia FC and Garabagh FC in Tbilisi
- 05.07.2017452 kg drugs burned in Azerbaijan
- 05.07.2017Azerbaijan initiates criminal case over Armenian provocative acts
- 03.07.2017Alexander Lapshin’s mother to testify in court - UPDATED
- 29.06.2017Baku police issue arrest warrants for ex-diplomat and ex-spokesman of liquidated SSAC
- 30.03.2016Famous Azerbaijani singer loses $200,000 in bankrupt bank
- 31.03.2016One of IS militants behind Dagestan explosion turns out to be Azerbaijani
- 01.04.2016Court passes verdict against those guilty of Azerbaijani journalist’s death
- 28.03.2016Azerbaijani Supreme Court orders release of Intigam Aliyev - UPDATED
- 26.03.2016Interior Ministry reacts to incident in Lankaran
- 26.03.2016Belarusian citizen detained after attempting to enter Baku Metro through ventilation system