Intigam Aliyev released
Baku. Shahriyar Alizade – APA. Intigam Aliyev, the imprisoned chairman of the Legal Enlightenment Society was released.
The judgment passed by plenum of the Supreme Court today regarding Intigam Aliyev was executed.
Aliyev’s son Nejmin Kamilsoy told journalists that chief of jail #6 said his father was released.
The Supreme Court held a hearing on the cassation appeal filed by Azerbaijani Prosecutor General Zakir Garalov against the verdict on Intigam Aliyev, the imprisoned chairman of the Legal Enlightenment Society on March 28.
Deputy Prosecutor General Namig Asgarov defended the cassation appeal at the hearing presided over by Ramiz Rzayev, chairman of the Supreme Court. The plenum upheld the cassation appeal.
Intigam Aliyev’s sentence was replaced by 5-year suspended sentence under the article #70 of the Criminal Code.
Aliyev faces charges under the Criminal Code’s articles #213.1 (tax evasion), #308.2 (abuse of power), and #192.2 (illegal business) and #179.3.2 (assignment or waste).
The Baku Court on Grave crimes sentenced Intigam Aliyev to seven years and six months in prison and deprived him of holding any position for 3 years.
The appeal filed by Intigam Aliyev against the court verdict was dismissed. Then Aliyev submitted a cassation appeal to the Supreme Court.
A few days ago, Prosecutor General Zakir Garalov filed a cassation appeal to the Supreme Court against the verdict on Intigam Aliyev.
Related news releases
- 07.03.2018Earthquake kills at least 18 in Papua New Guinea
- 02.03.2018One dies, three injured as strong fire occurs in the Republican Narcological Dispensary - UPDATED - 4
- 17.02.2018SOCAR's petrol tanker burst into flames in Georgia
- 09.02.2018Small asteroid will pass very close to Earth on Friday
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan's People's Artist Zarnigar Agakishiyeva dies
- 07.02.2018Fire broke out in Baku, 30 people were evacuated
- 07.02.2018Elon Musk's Falcon Heavy rocket launches successfully
- 06.02.2018The Ministry of Defense Industry releases information on the fire occured in the plant
- 06.02.2018The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminated information in connection with the explosion at the plant in Baku
- 06.02.2018Explosion occurred in Radio engineering plant in Baku, no one injured - UPDATED
- 02.02.2018Boiler room explosion rocks Turkish capital, no casualties: governor
- 26.01.2018South Korea hospital fire kills 33, injures 50
- 26.01.20184 killed in Ukranian helicopter crash
- 23.01.2018A prominent Azerbaijani journalist dies
- 12.01.2018MES "The search of the missing climbers is carried out on a high mountain range with a complex terrain"
- 07.01.2018Dozens Injured in 5.1 Quake in Western Iran
- 06.01.2018Names of injured in bus crash in Baku revealed
- 06.01.2018Magnitude 5.1 quake hits western Iran
- 05.01.2018Foreign experts visit area of search of missing climbers
- 05.01.2018Kamchatka volcano spits up ash 5-7 kilometers high
- 04.01.2018Search for the missing mountaineers continued today - PHOTO - VIDEO
- 31.12.2017The People's Artist of Azerbaijan Chingiz Sadykhov dies
- 29.12.2017MES: "The search of climbers is conducted in all possible directions"
- 27.12.2017Ministry of Emergency Situations appeals to social network users and media
- 09.12.20174 killed, 4 injured in a traffic accident in Sheki
- 05.12.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 4 in Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Brazil striker given prison sentence
- 20.11.2017Akif Chovdarov files appeal against verdict
- 19.11.20175.9-magnitude quake hits 73 km NNE of Tobelo, Indonesia
- 16.11.20173.5-magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Iran earthquake death toll reached 530 people
- 03.11.2017Eldar Mahmudov's assistant arrested
- 02.11.2017The school director accused of sexual assault against schoolgirl in Khacmaz region arresred
- 02.11.2017Escaped convict and one more person killed in special operation in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Municipal candidate of Azerbaijani origin shot in Georgia
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijan neutralized 99 criminal groups of 228 persons this year
- 14.10.2017Baku police detain members of gang committing robbery against foreigners
- 06.10.2017Prison term for Gozal Bayramli extended
- 03.10.2017Court rejects Rauf Mirgadirov’s appeal
- 01.10.2017Magnitude 5.3 earthquake hits Russia's Kamchatka peninsula
- 30.03.2016Famous Azerbaijani singer loses $200,000 in bankrupt bank
- 31.03.2016One of IS militants behind Dagestan explosion turns out to be Azerbaijani
- 01.04.2016Court passes verdict against those guilty of Azerbaijani journalist’s death
- 28.03.2016Azerbaijani Supreme Court orders release of Intigam Aliyev - UPDATED
- 26.03.2016Interior Ministry reacts to incident in Lankaran
- 26.03.2016Belarusian citizen detained after attempting to enter Baku Metro through ventilation system