Intigam Aliyev released
Baku. Shahriyar Alizade – APA. Intigam Aliyev, the imprisoned chairman of the Legal Enlightenment Society was released.
The judgment passed by plenum of the Supreme Court today regarding Intigam Aliyev was executed.
Aliyev’s son Nejmin Kamilsoy told journalists that chief of jail #6 said his father was released.
The Supreme Court held a hearing on the cassation appeal filed by Azerbaijani Prosecutor General Zakir Garalov against the verdict on Intigam Aliyev, the imprisoned chairman of the Legal Enlightenment Society on March 28.
Deputy Prosecutor General Namig Asgarov defended the cassation appeal at the hearing presided over by Ramiz Rzayev, chairman of the Supreme Court. The plenum upheld the cassation appeal.
Intigam Aliyev’s sentence was replaced by 5-year suspended sentence under the article #70 of the Criminal Code.
Aliyev faces charges under the Criminal Code’s articles #213.1 (tax evasion), #308.2 (abuse of power), and #192.2 (illegal business) and #179.3.2 (assignment or waste).
The Baku Court on Grave crimes sentenced Intigam Aliyev to seven years and six months in prison and deprived him of holding any position for 3 years.
The appeal filed by Intigam Aliyev against the court verdict was dismissed. Then Aliyev submitted a cassation appeal to the Supreme Court.
A few days ago, Prosecutor General Zakir Garalov filed a cassation appeal to the Supreme Court against the verdict on Intigam Aliyev.
Related news releases
- 29.06.2017Baku police issue arrest warrants for ex-diplomat and ex-spokesman of liquidated SSAC
- 28.06.2017Five SOCAR employees injured in the Caspian Sea
- 27.06.2017Petya ransomware virus is back amid cyber attack
- 20.06.2017AZAL aircraft returns to Beijing Airport
- 17.06.2017First president of AFFA Fuad Musayev passed away
- 14.06.2017Smoke detected at crippled Chernobyl power plant
- 12.06.2017Baku police detain person over false bomb threat to mall
- 12.06.2017486 human traffickers brought to justice in 12 years – department chief
- 10.06.2017Energy Minister Natig Aliyev’s body brought to Baku - UPDATED
- 07.06.2017Mother and her two sons died, grandson wounded in a fatal traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 06.06.2017Azerbaijan’s Interior Ministry prepares list of debtors banned from leaving country
- 03.06.2017Well-known lawyer dies in a motorcycle crash in Baku
- 02.06.2017Powerful mud closes Baku-Shamakhi highway, more than 500 cars remain on the road
- 30.05.2017The General Prosecutor's Office takes the investigation of the suicide attempt of the IDP under special control
- 28.05.2017Gregg Allman, of Allman Brothers Band Fame, Dead at 69
- 27.05.2017Conflict between school children in Azerbaijan ended with the death
- 13.05.2017Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 11.05.2017Strong earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Saatli - UPDATED
- 06.05.2017The famous Azerbaijani scientist Rafiga Aliyeva died
- 28.04.2017Trial held in case of Azerbaijani MNS ex-official charged with extortion
- 27.04.2017Turkish forces rescue Russian soldiers in Black Sea
- 25.04.2017SCC: Reports about mass brawl and beating of a customs official are untrue
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan sends one prosecutor into retirement, replaces two others
- 13.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues
- 05.04.2017Two dead, one injured in train-car collision in Azerbaijan
- 29.03.2017The MES spread information about fires in Baku and Shabran
- 29.03.2017Father killed his 7 year-old son with a hammer in Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 25.03.2017Russia puts Armenian, born in Baku, on Interpol wanted list
- 18.03.201710 trucks carrying goods belonging to Azerbaijani companies hijacked in Ukraine
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijan deported over 1,500 foreigners in February
- 07.03.2017Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-employee pleads not guilty - UPDATED
- 03.03.2017About 900 Azerbaijanis joined terrorist groups in Syria, Iraq
- 28.02.2017General Prosecutor's Office warns “Azerbaycan 24” news portal’s editor-in-chief
- 25.02.2017Date of hearing on appeals of those accused of reporter Rasim Aliyev’s death revealed
- 22.02.2017Prosecutor General's Office: "A criminal case was launched against members of the European Parliament"
- 22.02.2017Witnesses testify in Akif Chovdarov’s trial
- 22.02.2017Experts assess value of property Vidadi Zeynalov wants to put up for sale
- 09.02.2017Azerbaijan prevents drug smuggling from Iran
- 07.02.2017Blogger Alexander Lapshin extradited from Belarus to Azerbaijan - VIDEO - PHOTO
- 07.02.2017Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Jalilabad region
- 30.03.2016Famous Azerbaijani singer loses $200,000 in bankrupt bank
- 31.03.2016One of IS militants behind Dagestan explosion turns out to be Azerbaijani
- 01.04.2016Court passes verdict against those guilty of Azerbaijani journalist’s death
- 28.03.2016Azerbaijani Supreme Court orders release of Intigam Aliyev - UPDATED
- 26.03.2016Interior Ministry reacts to incident in Lankaran
- 26.03.2016Belarusian citizen detained after attempting to enter Baku Metro through ventilation system