ICRC visits Armenian scout imprisoned in Azerbaijan
Baku. Shahriyar Alizade – APA. Representatives of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) have visited the Armenian serviceman, who was captured by the Azerbaijani soldiers in Aghdam district in December 2014.
Ilaha Huseynova, head of Communication Department of the ICRC Baku Office told APA that the visit took place on Sep.7. The prisoner of war was delivered messages from his family and his family will be informed about his conditions.
Note that, an Armenian reconnaissance-sabotage group attempted to cross the Armenian part of the contact line of troops in 26 December 2014. Thanks to the vigilance of servicemen of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces, the provocative attempt was prevented beforehand, according to the Defense Ministry. After some gunfight, the enemy suffered heavy losses and was forced to retreat. A member of the enemy’s reconnaissance-sabotage, professional Armenian serviceman Bagdasaryan Arsen Edwardovich was captured.
Bagdasaryan faced charges under the Criminal Code’s articles #218.2 (participation in criminal community), 29,120.2.1 (attempt to a deliberate murder by group of persons, on preliminary arrangement by group of persons, by organized group or criminal community), 29,120.2.7 (attempt to a deliberate murder of two or more persons), 29,120.2.12 (attempt to a deliberate murder on motive of national, racial, religious hatred or enmity), 29,282.2 (attempt to commitment of explosion, arson or other actions directed on destruction or damage of enterprises, constructions, means of communication, means of message and communication, objects of life-support of a population with a view of undermining defensibility and economic safety of the Azerbaijan Republic) and the criminal case was investigated and sent to the court.
Ganja Court of Grave Crimes sentenced Arsen Bagdasaryan to 15 years in maximum security prison.
Related news releases
- 07.03.2018Earthquake kills at least 18 in Papua New Guinea
- 02.03.2018One dies, three injured as strong fire occurs in the Republican Narcological Dispensary - UPDATED - 4
- 17.02.2018SOCAR's petrol tanker burst into flames in Georgia
- 09.02.2018Small asteroid will pass very close to Earth on Friday
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan's People's Artist Zarnigar Agakishiyeva dies
- 07.02.2018Fire broke out in Baku, 30 people were evacuated
- 07.02.2018Elon Musk's Falcon Heavy rocket launches successfully
- 06.02.2018The Ministry of Defense Industry releases information on the fire occured in the plant
- 06.02.2018The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminated information in connection with the explosion at the plant in Baku
- 06.02.2018Explosion occurred in Radio engineering plant in Baku, no one injured - UPDATED
- 02.02.2018Boiler room explosion rocks Turkish capital, no casualties: governor
- 26.01.2018South Korea hospital fire kills 33, injures 50
- 26.01.20184 killed in Ukranian helicopter crash
- 23.01.2018A prominent Azerbaijani journalist dies
- 12.01.2018MES "The search of the missing climbers is carried out on a high mountain range with a complex terrain"
- 07.01.2018Dozens Injured in 5.1 Quake in Western Iran
- 06.01.2018Names of injured in bus crash in Baku revealed
- 06.01.2018Magnitude 5.1 quake hits western Iran
- 05.01.2018Foreign experts visit area of search of missing climbers
- 05.01.2018Kamchatka volcano spits up ash 5-7 kilometers high
- 04.01.2018Search for the missing mountaineers continued today - PHOTO - VIDEO
- 31.12.2017The People's Artist of Azerbaijan Chingiz Sadykhov dies
- 29.12.2017MES: "The search of climbers is conducted in all possible directions"
- 27.12.2017Ministry of Emergency Situations appeals to social network users and media
- 09.12.20174 killed, 4 injured in a traffic accident in Sheki
- 05.12.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 4 in Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Brazil striker given prison sentence
- 20.11.2017Akif Chovdarov files appeal against verdict
- 19.11.20175.9-magnitude quake hits 73 km NNE of Tobelo, Indonesia
- 16.11.20173.5-magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Iran earthquake death toll reached 530 people
- 03.11.2017Eldar Mahmudov's assistant arrested
- 02.11.2017The school director accused of sexual assault against schoolgirl in Khacmaz region arresred
- 02.11.2017Escaped convict and one more person killed in special operation in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Municipal candidate of Azerbaijani origin shot in Georgia
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijan neutralized 99 criminal groups of 228 persons this year
- 14.10.2017Baku police detain members of gang committing robbery against foreigners
- 06.10.2017Prison term for Gozal Bayramli extended
- 03.10.2017Court rejects Rauf Mirgadirov’s appeal
- 01.10.2017Magnitude 5.3 earthquake hits Russia's Kamchatka peninsula
- 10.09.2016Natig Jafarli put on recognizance not to leave
- 13.09.2016One killed, one injured in two-car collision in Azerbaijan
- 14.09.2016Hearing on case of former Azerbaijani Int'l Bank head postponed
- 08.09.2016Russian presidential aide Vladislav Surkov's car crashed
- 07.09.2016Baku court continues trial of Taleh Baghirov and others
- 06.09.2016Baku Military Court chairman to review case of national security ministry’s ex-employees