Hearing held in case of Taleh Baghirov and others
Baku. Shahriyar Alizade – APA. The Baku Court of Grave Crimes on Monday resumed the trial of Taleh Baghirov, Fuad Gahramanli and others.
Ramin Alakbarov, an employee of Sabunchu District Police Department, gave testimony at the hearing presided over by judge Alovsat Abbasov.
He said that a group of persons gathered outside Sabunchu District Police Department on November 5 last year and demanded the relase of Elchin Gasimov. They threw stones at the police officers, injuring one of them, Alakbarov’s shield broke and his handcuffs lost.
Answering the lawyers’ questions, the witness said that he knows none of the accused persons, he appealed to the department head with a report and he doesn’t have any demand.
Fuad Gahramanli said none of the accused persons caused damage to him. He asked Alekberov whether he refuses the status of victim or not. He didn’t refuse.
Then, imprisoned Anar Aliyev gave a testimony. He said he did not violate public order that day, didn’t throw stone at anyone, they went to the station to find out why Elchin Gasimov was arrested. He claimed that he was subjected to physical pressure during detention.
Police officer of Sabunchu district police office Yagub Abbasli gave testimony as a witness and a victim. He said he was injured during the incident on Nov.5, lost his helmets and batons. He noted that he does not know the accused persons and has no demand.
Attorney Yalchin Imanov asked why he came to the hearing. He said he was summoned. Judge Alovsat Abbasov added that they are being questioned as victims of the incident.
Later on, imprisoned Niftali Valiyev gave testimony as a witness. Valiyev said he does not know the accused persons and that he heard of Elchin Gasimov’s arrest when he was in mosque on Nov.5. Valiyev added that he went to the police station. Police arrested them. He was sentenced to 20 days in prison.
They were arrested for a second time when the Nardaran incidents happened on November 26. And then they were opened a criminal case against.
Imprisoned Latif Ahmadov also gave testimony. He too said they went to the police station to learn details of Elchin Gasimov’s arrest, adding that they did not resist police.
Elvin Bunyadov gave similar testimony, noting that no illegal items were found on him.
Imprisoned Sahil Rzayev also said they went to the police station to learn details of Elchin Gasimov’s arrest and he was arrested. Then he was opened a criminal case against. He added that he was forced to speak against Taleh Baghirov, noting that he was tortured at the police station and the Main Directorate for Organized Crime. He said he was arrested for six years and six months.
The process will be resumed on October 14.
Taleh Bagirov is charged under paragraphs 120.2.1, 120.2.3, 120.2.4, 120.2.7, 120.2.12 of article 120 (premeditated murder), 29,120.2.1, 29,120.2.3, 29,120.2.4, 29,120.2.7, 29,120.2.12 29,120 of article 29,120(attempt to murder), under articles 228.3 (illegal purchase of firearms) and 228.4 (illegal possession of firearms). Taleh Bagirov was detained by law enforcement officials during a special operation in Nardaran settlement of Baku on 26 November. During the operation 60 people were detained. The criminal case of some of them were sent to the Sabunchu District Court.
He was brought to justice as a suspect under the Article 281.1 (public calls against the state) and 283.2 (incitement of national, racial, social or religious enmity and hatred by using violence) of the Criminal Code of Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 13.05.2017Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 11.05.2017Strong earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Saatli - UPDATED
- 06.05.2017The famous Azerbaijani scientist Rafiga Aliyeva died
- 28.04.2017Trial held in case of Azerbaijani MNS ex-official charged with extortion
- 27.04.2017Turkish forces rescue Russian soldiers in Black Sea
- 25.04.2017SCC: Reports about mass brawl and beating of a customs official are untrue
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan sends one prosecutor into retirement, replaces two others
- 13.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues
- 05.04.2017Two dead, one injured in train-car collision in Azerbaijan
- 29.03.2017The MES spread information about fires in Baku and Shabran
- 29.03.2017Father killed his 7 year-old son with a hammer in Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 25.03.2017Russia puts Armenian, born in Baku, on Interpol wanted list
- 18.03.201710 trucks carrying goods belonging to Azerbaijani companies hijacked in Ukraine
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijan deported over 1,500 foreigners in February
- 07.03.2017Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-employee pleads not guilty - UPDATED
- 03.03.2017About 900 Azerbaijanis joined terrorist groups in Syria, Iraq
- 28.02.2017General Prosecutor's Office warns “Azerbaycan 24” news portal’s editor-in-chief
- 25.02.2017Date of hearing on appeals of those accused of reporter Rasim Aliyev’s death revealed
- 22.02.2017Prosecutor General's Office: "A criminal case was launched against members of the European Parliament"
- 22.02.2017Witnesses testify in Akif Chovdarov’s trial
- 22.02.2017Experts assess value of property Vidadi Zeynalov wants to put up for sale
- 09.02.2017Azerbaijan prevents drug smuggling from Iran
- 07.02.2017Blogger Alexander Lapshin extradited from Belarus to Azerbaijan - VIDEO - PHOTO
- 07.02.2017Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Jalilabad region
- 27.01.2017Azerbaijani Interior Ministry holds board meeting
- 23.01.2017ICRC visits Armenian scout imprisoned in Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2017Interior Ministry has filed a petition to the General Prosecutor's Office against Mehman Huseynov
- 10.01.2017SOCAR released information about a fire broke out at a gas pipeline in Sangachal - UPDATED
- 08.01.2017SCC comments on reports about the detention of trucks at the border
- 07.01.2017Iraqi Embassy in Baku issues statement on the murder in “Demirchi Tower” business center
- 20.12.20164 magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Balaken region
- 04.12.201659 UXOs detected in Azerbaijan’s Gazakh city
- 30.11.20164.3 magnitude earthquake hits the Caspian Sea
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijan announces dates of 2017 holidays
- 26.11.2016Aircraft of Azerbaijani MES successfully eliminates fires in 8 locations in Israel
- 24.11.2016Three killed after car crashes into truck in Azerbaijan
- 23.11.2016Fire breaks out in Baku, one dead
- 19.11.2016People's artist of Azerbaijan Nariman Azimov dies
- 18.11.2016About 1,000 left without home after major fire in Jakarta
- 16.11.2016Ex-Azerbaijani minister pays over 6M manats for causing damage to state
- 11.10.2016Baku court rejects appeal of man accused of attempting to kill two police officers
- 12.10.2016Man, 25, shoots businessman dead in Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2016Brother stabs 22-year-old sister to death in Azerbaijan's Sumgayit
- 10.10.2016IBA ex-head makes final statement in court
- 10.10.2016571 killed in Azerbaijan traffic accidents since early 2016
- 08.10.2016Over 2,000 police officers hold operation in Baku