Hearing held in case of Taleh Baghirov and others
Baku. Shahriyar Alizade – APA. The Baku Court of Grave Crimes on Monday resumed the trial of Taleh Baghirov, Fuad Gahramanli and others.
Ramin Alakbarov, an employee of Sabunchu District Police Department, gave testimony at the hearing presided over by judge Alovsat Abbasov.
He said that a group of persons gathered outside Sabunchu District Police Department on November 5 last year and demanded the relase of Elchin Gasimov. They threw stones at the police officers, injuring one of them, Alakbarov’s shield broke and his handcuffs lost.
Answering the lawyers’ questions, the witness said that he knows none of the accused persons, he appealed to the department head with a report and he doesn’t have any demand.
Fuad Gahramanli said none of the accused persons caused damage to him. He asked Alekberov whether he refuses the status of victim or not. He didn’t refuse.
Then, imprisoned Anar Aliyev gave a testimony. He said he did not violate public order that day, didn’t throw stone at anyone, they went to the station to find out why Elchin Gasimov was arrested. He claimed that he was subjected to physical pressure during detention.
Police officer of Sabunchu district police office Yagub Abbasli gave testimony as a witness and a victim. He said he was injured during the incident on Nov.5, lost his helmets and batons. He noted that he does not know the accused persons and has no demand.
Attorney Yalchin Imanov asked why he came to the hearing. He said he was summoned. Judge Alovsat Abbasov added that they are being questioned as victims of the incident.
Later on, imprisoned Niftali Valiyev gave testimony as a witness. Valiyev said he does not know the accused persons and that he heard of Elchin Gasimov’s arrest when he was in mosque on Nov.5. Valiyev added that he went to the police station. Police arrested them. He was sentenced to 20 days in prison.
They were arrested for a second time when the Nardaran incidents happened on November 26. And then they were opened a criminal case against.
Imprisoned Latif Ahmadov also gave testimony. He too said they went to the police station to learn details of Elchin Gasimov’s arrest, adding that they did not resist police.
Elvin Bunyadov gave similar testimony, noting that no illegal items were found on him.
Imprisoned Sahil Rzayev also said they went to the police station to learn details of Elchin Gasimov’s arrest and he was arrested. Then he was opened a criminal case against. He added that he was forced to speak against Taleh Baghirov, noting that he was tortured at the police station and the Main Directorate for Organized Crime. He said he was arrested for six years and six months.
The process will be resumed on October 14.
Taleh Bagirov is charged under paragraphs 120.2.1, 120.2.3, 120.2.4, 120.2.7, 120.2.12 of article 120 (premeditated murder), 29,120.2.1, 29,120.2.3, 29,120.2.4, 29,120.2.7, 29,120.2.12 29,120 of article 29,120(attempt to murder), under articles 228.3 (illegal purchase of firearms) and 228.4 (illegal possession of firearms). Taleh Bagirov was detained by law enforcement officials during a special operation in Nardaran settlement of Baku on 26 November. During the operation 60 people were detained. The criminal case of some of them were sent to the Sabunchu District Court.
He was brought to justice as a suspect under the Article 281.1 (public calls against the state) and 283.2 (incitement of national, racial, social or religious enmity and hatred by using violence) of the Criminal Code of Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 20.04.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Fire in a multi-storied residential building under construction in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 07.04.2018Helicopter rescues fisherman stuck among crocodiles
- 01.04.20186 killed and 2 injured in head-on collision between passenger car and truck in Azerbaijan
- 28.03.2018Gunman shooting Calgary police officer
- 24.03.2018Fire breaks out in forest in Azerbaijan’s Lerik and Shabran distrcts
- 07.03.2018Earthquake kills at least 18 in Papua New Guinea
- 02.03.2018One dies, three injured as strong fire occurs in the Republican Narcological Dispensary - UPDATED - 4
- 17.02.2018SOCAR's petrol tanker burst into flames in Georgia
- 09.02.2018Small asteroid will pass very close to Earth on Friday
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan's People's Artist Zarnigar Agakishiyeva dies
- 07.02.2018Fire broke out in Baku, 30 people were evacuated
- 07.02.2018Elon Musk's Falcon Heavy rocket launches successfully
- 06.02.2018The Ministry of Defense Industry releases information on the fire occured in the plant
- 06.02.2018The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminated information in connection with the explosion at the plant in Baku
- 06.02.2018Explosion occurred in Radio engineering plant in Baku, no one injured - UPDATED
- 02.02.2018Boiler room explosion rocks Turkish capital, no casualties: governor
- 26.01.2018South Korea hospital fire kills 33, injures 50
- 26.01.20184 killed in Ukranian helicopter crash
- 23.01.2018A prominent Azerbaijani journalist dies
- 12.01.2018MES "The search of the missing climbers is carried out on a high mountain range with a complex terrain"
- 07.01.2018Dozens Injured in 5.1 Quake in Western Iran
- 06.01.2018Names of injured in bus crash in Baku revealed
- 06.01.2018Magnitude 5.1 quake hits western Iran
- 05.01.2018Foreign experts visit area of search of missing climbers
- 05.01.2018Kamchatka volcano spits up ash 5-7 kilometers high
- 04.01.2018Search for the missing mountaineers continued today - PHOTO - VIDEO
- 31.12.2017The People's Artist of Azerbaijan Chingiz Sadykhov dies
- 29.12.2017MES: "The search of climbers is conducted in all possible directions"
- 27.12.2017Ministry of Emergency Situations appeals to social network users and media
- 09.12.20174 killed, 4 injured in a traffic accident in Sheki
- 05.12.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 4 in Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Brazil striker given prison sentence
- 20.11.2017Akif Chovdarov files appeal against verdict
- 19.11.20175.9-magnitude quake hits 73 km NNE of Tobelo, Indonesia
- 16.11.20173.5-magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Iran earthquake death toll reached 530 people
- 03.11.2017Eldar Mahmudov's assistant arrested
- 02.11.2017The school director accused of sexual assault against schoolgirl in Khacmaz region arresred
- 02.11.2017Escaped convict and one more person killed in special operation in Baku - UPDATED
- 11.10.2016Baku court rejects appeal of man accused of attempting to kill two police officers
- 12.10.2016Man, 25, shoots businessman dead in Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2016Brother stabs 22-year-old sister to death in Azerbaijan's Sumgayit
- 10.10.2016IBA ex-head makes final statement in court
- 10.10.2016571 killed in Azerbaijan traffic accidents since early 2016
- 08.10.2016Over 2,000 police officers hold operation in Baku