Hearing held in case of Taleh Baghirov and others
Baku. Shahriyar Alizade – APA. The Baku Court of Grave Crimes on Monday resumed the trial of Taleh Baghirov, Fuad Gahramanli and others.
Ramin Alakbarov, an employee of Sabunchu District Police Department, gave testimony at the hearing presided over by judge Alovsat Abbasov.
He said that a group of persons gathered outside Sabunchu District Police Department on November 5 last year and demanded the relase of Elchin Gasimov. They threw stones at the police officers, injuring one of them, Alakbarov’s shield broke and his handcuffs lost.
Answering the lawyers’ questions, the witness said that he knows none of the accused persons, he appealed to the department head with a report and he doesn’t have any demand.
Fuad Gahramanli said none of the accused persons caused damage to him. He asked Alekberov whether he refuses the status of victim or not. He didn’t refuse.
Then, imprisoned Anar Aliyev gave a testimony. He said he did not violate public order that day, didn’t throw stone at anyone, they went to the station to find out why Elchin Gasimov was arrested. He claimed that he was subjected to physical pressure during detention.
Police officer of Sabunchu district police office Yagub Abbasli gave testimony as a witness and a victim. He said he was injured during the incident on Nov.5, lost his helmets and batons. He noted that he does not know the accused persons and has no demand.
Attorney Yalchin Imanov asked why he came to the hearing. He said he was summoned. Judge Alovsat Abbasov added that they are being questioned as victims of the incident.
Later on, imprisoned Niftali Valiyev gave testimony as a witness. Valiyev said he does not know the accused persons and that he heard of Elchin Gasimov’s arrest when he was in mosque on Nov.5. Valiyev added that he went to the police station. Police arrested them. He was sentenced to 20 days in prison.
They were arrested for a second time when the Nardaran incidents happened on November 26. And then they were opened a criminal case against.
Imprisoned Latif Ahmadov also gave testimony. He too said they went to the police station to learn details of Elchin Gasimov’s arrest, adding that they did not resist police.
Elvin Bunyadov gave similar testimony, noting that no illegal items were found on him.
Imprisoned Sahil Rzayev also said they went to the police station to learn details of Elchin Gasimov’s arrest and he was arrested. Then he was opened a criminal case against. He added that he was forced to speak against Taleh Baghirov, noting that he was tortured at the police station and the Main Directorate for Organized Crime. He said he was arrested for six years and six months.
The process will be resumed on October 14.
Taleh Bagirov is charged under paragraphs 120.2.1, 120.2.3, 120.2.4, 120.2.7, 120.2.12 of article 120 (premeditated murder), 29,120.2.1, 29,120.2.3, 29,120.2.4, 29,120.2.7, 29,120.2.12 29,120 of article 29,120(attempt to murder), under articles 228.3 (illegal purchase of firearms) and 228.4 (illegal possession of firearms). Taleh Bagirov was detained by law enforcement officials during a special operation in Nardaran settlement of Baku on 26 November. During the operation 60 people were detained. The criminal case of some of them were sent to the Sabunchu District Court.
He was brought to justice as a suspect under the Article 281.1 (public calls against the state) and 283.2 (incitement of national, racial, social or religious enmity and hatred by using violence) of the Criminal Code of Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 19.11.20175.9-magnitude quake hits 73 km NNE of Tobelo, Indonesia
- 16.11.20173.5-magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Iran earthquake death toll reached 530 people
- 03.11.2017Eldar Mahmudov's assistant arrested
- 02.11.2017The school director accused of sexual assault against schoolgirl in Khacmaz region arresred
- 02.11.2017Escaped convict and one more person killed in special operation in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Municipal candidate of Azerbaijani origin shot in Georgia
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijan neutralized 99 criminal groups of 228 persons this year
- 14.10.2017Baku police detain members of gang committing robbery against foreigners
- 06.10.2017Prison term for Gozal Bayramli extended
- 03.10.2017Court rejects Rauf Mirgadirov’s appeal
- 01.10.2017Magnitude 5.3 earthquake hits Russia's Kamchatka peninsula
- 29.09.2017Lotfi Zadeh’s body brought to Baku
- 27.09.2017Quake hits Azerbaijan’s Shamakhi
- 27.09.2017Seven people killed in car crash in Azerbaijan identified - UPDATED
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan sends helicopter to Georgia to tackle forest fires
- 22.09.2017OPEC and non-OPEC countries to discuss oil export monitoring mechanism
- 19.09.20174 women killed, 3 others injured in severe traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani minister's son died
- 14.09.2017Alexander Lapshin left Azerbaijan
- 08.09.201726 of 39 poisoned people at the wedding in Tovuz, discharged home - UPDATED - 3
- 07.09.2017Court to consider Mehman Aliyev’s appeal on Sept.8
- 03.09.2017183 UXOs detected in Azerbaijan’s Khizi region
- 02.09.2017Ministry: The strong wind expands the fire area in Gabala
- 31.08.2017Forest fire in Oguz region spread to the territory of the Shahdag National Park
- 31.08.2017Court refuses to commute Afgan Mukhtarli’s detention to house arrest
- 30.08.2017Akif Chovdarov’s lawyer asks court for one month to prepare speech
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijan State Security Service prevents smuggling of 44kg drugs
- 30.08.2017119 UXOs and 227 EBOs detected in Khizi region of Azerbaijan
- 29.08.2017Helicopter involved in extinguishing forest fires in Azerbaijan
- 28.08.2017Criminal case against Natig Jafarli terminated
- 26.08.2017The first staff of the rescue and fire-fighting team of the MES returned to country from Georgia
- 26.08.2017Azerbaijan’s helicopter involved in tackling fires in Georgia today as well
- 23.08.2017Azerbaijan's firefighters continue to battle Georgia wildfires, set up field tents
- 22.08.2017Azerbaijani ministry’s rescue team involved in extinguishing forest fires in Georgia
- 21.08.2017Azerbaijan sends helicopter to help Georgia tackle forest fires
- 14.08.2017Large amount of money and jewelry stolen in house in Baku
- 10.08.2017The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminates information on the fire in Binagadi district
- 06.08.2017Fire occurs at the dormitory in Sumgayit, 15 residents rescued, 20 were evacuated
- 03.08.20172 killed, 1 injured in a fatal traffic accident in Baku
- 11.10.2016Baku court rejects appeal of man accused of attempting to kill two police officers
- 12.10.2016Man, 25, shoots businessman dead in Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2016Brother stabs 22-year-old sister to death in Azerbaijan's Sumgayit
- 10.10.2016IBA ex-head makes final statement in court
- 10.10.2016571 killed in Azerbaijan traffic accidents since early 2016
- 08.10.2016Over 2,000 police officers hold operation in Baku