Foreign experts visit area of search of missing climbers
The search for missing climbers in the Guba region continued on January 5.
Emergency rescue teams of the Ministry of Emergency Situations (equipped with appropriate clothing, communications equipment and other rescue equipment), employees of the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources and volunteer groups participated in the operation, APA reports quoting the MES website.
The Mi-17 helicopter of the Aviation Unit of the Ministry of Emergency Situations was involved in the search.
At the same time, the mountain-rescuers of the Austrian Interior Ministry visited the area. The purpose of the visit of foreign experts who come to our country within the framework of mutual activity is to conduct training exercises to raise the knowledge and habits as well as professional skills of mountain rescuers of the Ministry of Emergency Situations. Training sessions are carried out on a pre-planned schedule every year. The training exercises are carried out each year on the basis of pre-designed plan. Today at the meeting held at the Ministry of Emergency Situations it was decided to conduct this year's trainings in real conditions in Guba region. Moreover, it is intended to benefit from Austrian specialists' knowledge and experience in the search and rescue operations to find missing climbers.
Search and rescue operations are carried out in a complex mountainous area. Despite the sunny weather, the danger of new avalanches has increased in areas where heavy snow has fallen in recent days. The depth of snow is about 8-12 meters. Search-rescue and other urgent work have become even more complicated.
The MES calls on mass media, public representatives and social network users to not use unofficial and unclear information on the ministry’s activities, and to approach the situation with understanding.
The information on the course of the operation is regularly published on the official website of the Ministry of Emergency Situations (fhn.gov.az).
- 12.01.2018MES "The search of the missing climbers is carried out on a high mountain range with a complex terrain"
- 29.12.2017MES: "The search of climbers is conducted in all possible directions"
- 27.12.2017Ministry of Emergency Situations appeals to social network users and media
- 09.12.20174 killed, 4 injured in a traffic accident in Sheki
- 05.12.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 4 in Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Brazil striker given prison sentence
- 20.11.2017Akif Chovdarov files appeal against verdict
- 19.11.20175.9-magnitude quake hits 73 km NNE of Tobelo, Indonesia
- 16.11.20173.5-magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Iran earthquake death toll reached 530 people
- 03.11.2017Eldar Mahmudov's assistant arrested
- 02.11.2017The school director accused of sexual assault against schoolgirl in Khacmaz region arresred
- 02.11.2017Escaped convict and one more person killed in special operation in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Municipal candidate of Azerbaijani origin shot in Georgia
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijan neutralized 99 criminal groups of 228 persons this year
- 14.10.2017Baku police detain members of gang committing robbery against foreigners
- 06.10.2017Prison term for Gozal Bayramli extended
- 03.10.2017Court rejects Rauf Mirgadirov’s appeal
- 01.10.2017Magnitude 5.3 earthquake hits Russia's Kamchatka peninsula
- 29.09.2017Lotfi Zadeh’s body brought to Baku
- 27.09.2017Quake hits Azerbaijan’s Shamakhi
- 27.09.2017Seven people killed in car crash in Azerbaijan identified - UPDATED
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan sends helicopter to Georgia to tackle forest fires
- 22.09.2017OPEC and non-OPEC countries to discuss oil export monitoring mechanism
- 19.09.20174 women killed, 3 others injured in severe traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani minister's son died
- 14.09.2017Alexander Lapshin left Azerbaijan
- 08.09.201726 of 39 poisoned people at the wedding in Tovuz, discharged home - UPDATED - 3
- 07.09.2017Court to consider Mehman Aliyev’s appeal on Sept.8
- 03.09.2017183 UXOs detected in Azerbaijan’s Khizi region
- 02.09.2017Ministry: The strong wind expands the fire area in Gabala
- 31.08.2017Forest fire in Oguz region spread to the territory of the Shahdag National Park
- 31.08.2017Court refuses to commute Afgan Mukhtarli’s detention to house arrest
- 30.08.2017Akif Chovdarov’s lawyer asks court for one month to prepare speech
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijan State Security Service prevents smuggling of 44kg drugs
- 30.08.2017119 UXOs and 227 EBOs detected in Khizi region of Azerbaijan
- 29.08.2017Helicopter involved in extinguishing forest fires in Azerbaijan
- 28.08.2017Criminal case against Natig Jafarli terminated
- 26.08.2017The first staff of the rescue and fire-fighting team of the MES returned to country from Georgia
- 26.08.2017Azerbaijan’s helicopter involved in tackling fires in Georgia today as well
- 06.01.2018Magnitude 5.1 quake hits western Iran
- 06.01.2018Names of injured in bus crash in Baku revealed
- 07.01.2018Dozens Injured in 5.1 Quake in Western Iran
- 05.01.2018Kamchatka volcano spits up ash 5-7 kilometers high
- 04.01.2018Search for the missing mountaineers continued today - PHOTO - VIDEO
- 31.12.2017The People's Artist of Azerbaijan Chingiz Sadykhov dies