Dekabank appeals to court on cancellation of decision on its liquidation
The bank asked the court to cancel the decision on its liquidation. The complaint will be considered on Oct.7.
Earlier, the Chamber of Control of Financial Markets asked Baku Administrative-Economical Court No.1 to liquidate the bank and appoint the Deposit Insurance Fund as a liquidator of the bank from July 24, 2016. The bank appealed against that decision.
Under the relevant decision of Azerbaijan’s Financial Market Supervisory Body dated July 21, 2016, the licenses of Dekabank, Kredobank, Parabank and Zaminbank were cancelled.
The licenses of those banks have been revoked, as their assets haven’t been classified in line with the law, they haven’t created adequate reserves and the aggregate capital of these banks doesn’t meet the minimum requirements, they haven’t fulfilled the regulator’s instructions.
The purpose of closing down these banks is to reduce the risks in the banking sector, strengthen the financial stability, increase the confidence and ensure the development of the financial sector.
Related news releases
- 20.04.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Fire in a multi-storied residential building under construction in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 07.04.2018Helicopter rescues fisherman stuck among crocodiles
- 01.04.20186 killed and 2 injured in head-on collision between passenger car and truck in Azerbaijan
- 28.03.2018Gunman shooting Calgary police officer
- 24.03.2018Fire breaks out in forest in Azerbaijan’s Lerik and Shabran distrcts
- 07.03.2018Earthquake kills at least 18 in Papua New Guinea
- 02.03.2018One dies, three injured as strong fire occurs in the Republican Narcological Dispensary - UPDATED - 4
- 17.02.2018SOCAR's petrol tanker burst into flames in Georgia
- 09.02.2018Small asteroid will pass very close to Earth on Friday
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan's People's Artist Zarnigar Agakishiyeva dies
- 07.02.2018Fire broke out in Baku, 30 people were evacuated
- 07.02.2018Elon Musk's Falcon Heavy rocket launches successfully
- 06.02.2018The Ministry of Defense Industry releases information on the fire occured in the plant
- 06.02.2018The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminated information in connection with the explosion at the plant in Baku
- 06.02.2018Explosion occurred in Radio engineering plant in Baku, no one injured - UPDATED
- 02.02.2018Boiler room explosion rocks Turkish capital, no casualties: governor
- 26.01.2018South Korea hospital fire kills 33, injures 50
- 26.01.20184 killed in Ukranian helicopter crash
- 23.01.2018A prominent Azerbaijani journalist dies
- 12.01.2018MES "The search of the missing climbers is carried out on a high mountain range with a complex terrain"
- 07.01.2018Dozens Injured in 5.1 Quake in Western Iran
- 06.01.2018Names of injured in bus crash in Baku revealed
- 06.01.2018Magnitude 5.1 quake hits western Iran
- 05.01.2018Foreign experts visit area of search of missing climbers
- 05.01.2018Kamchatka volcano spits up ash 5-7 kilometers high
- 04.01.2018Search for the missing mountaineers continued today - PHOTO - VIDEO
- 31.12.2017The People's Artist of Azerbaijan Chingiz Sadykhov dies
- 29.12.2017MES: "The search of climbers is conducted in all possible directions"
- 27.12.2017Ministry of Emergency Situations appeals to social network users and media
- 09.12.20174 killed, 4 injured in a traffic accident in Sheki
- 05.12.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 4 in Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Brazil striker given prison sentence
- 20.11.2017Akif Chovdarov files appeal against verdict
- 19.11.20175.9-magnitude quake hits 73 km NNE of Tobelo, Indonesia
- 16.11.20173.5-magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Iran earthquake death toll reached 530 people
- 03.11.2017Eldar Mahmudov's assistant arrested
- 02.11.2017The school director accused of sexual assault against schoolgirl in Khacmaz region arresred
- 02.11.2017Escaped convict and one more person killed in special operation in Baku - UPDATED
- 06.10.2016Two former employees of the Ministry of Communications and High Technologies of Azerbaijan released
- 07.10.2016Truck strikes train in Baku, driver killed
- 08.10.2016Special search operations conducted in Nardaran
- 04.10.2016Preliminary hearing held in case of Azerbaijani security ministry’s ex-official - UPDATED
- 01.10.2016Aghstafa resident’s hands amputated after ammunition explosion
- 01.10.2016Prosecutor General comments on new criminal case against former health minister