Date of hearing on appeals of Ilgar Mammadov and Tofig Yagublu revealed - UPDATED
Ilgar Mammadov’s lawyer Fuad Aghayev posted on Facebook about it, APA reports.
The lawyer said that Shaki Court of Appeal informed him there was misunderstanding about the date of the hearing and the court will announce the decision on the case of Ilgar Mammadov and Tofig Yagublu at 17:00 on April 29.
Baku – APA. Shaki Court of Appeal will resume the hearing on appeals filed by the imprisoned chairman of REAL Movement Ilgar Mammadov and the imprisoned deputy chairman of Musavat Party Tofig Yagublu on May 3.
Tofig Yagublu posted on Facebook about it, APA reports.
The hearing will begin at 12:00.
On April 22, the court decided to postpone the hearing indefinitely.
The lawyers asked for acquittal in accordance with the judgments of European Court of Human Rights on Ilgar Mammadov and Tofig Yagublu.
A public prosecutor demanded to uphold the decision of the court of first instance.
Ilgar Mammadov and Tofig Yagublu asked the court for acquittal.
Shaki Court of Grave Crimes sentenced Ilgar Mammadov to 7 years and Tofig Yagublu 5 years in prison.
Shaki Court of Appeal rejected the appeal against the judgment. Then they filed a cassation appeal to the Supreme Court.
The Supreme Court partially upheld the cassation appeal. The decision of Shaki Court of Appeal on the case of Ilgar Mammadov and Tofig Yagublu was cancelled and the case was sent to Shaki Court of Appeal for reconsideration.
Ilgar Mammadov and Tofig Yagublu were arrested over the events in Azerbaijan's Ismayilli district. Tofig Yagublu was released in March under the presidential pardon order.
Related news releases
- 22.08.2017Azerbaijani ministry’s rescue team involved in extinguishing forest fires in Georgia
- 21.08.2017Azerbaijan sends helicopter to help Georgia tackle forest fires
- 14.08.2017Large amount of money and jewelry stolen in house in Baku
- 10.08.2017The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminates information on the fire in Binagadi district
- 06.08.2017Fire occurs at the dormitory in Sumgayit, 15 residents rescued, 20 were evacuated
- 03.08.20172 killed, 1 injured in a fatal traffic accident in Baku
- 26.07.2017Reasons of suicide committed in Shamkir known - UPDATED
- 25.07.2017Turkish plane is rerouted to Algiers after false bomb alert
- 21.07.2017Magnitude 6.7 quake hits Turkey’s west coast, up to 70 people injured
- 18.07.2017Incident occurred among fans of Samtredia FC and Garabagh FC in Tbilisi
- 05.07.2017452 kg drugs burned in Azerbaijan
- 05.07.2017Azerbaijan initiates criminal case over Armenian provocative acts
- 03.07.2017Alexander Lapshin’s mother to testify in court - UPDATED
- 29.06.2017Baku police issue arrest warrants for ex-diplomat and ex-spokesman of liquidated SSAC
- 28.06.2017Five SOCAR employees injured in the Caspian Sea
- 27.06.2017Petya ransomware virus is back amid cyber attack
- 20.06.2017AZAL aircraft returns to Beijing Airport
- 17.06.2017First president of AFFA Fuad Musayev passed away
- 14.06.2017Smoke detected at crippled Chernobyl power plant
- 12.06.2017Baku police detain person over false bomb threat to mall
- 12.06.2017486 human traffickers brought to justice in 12 years – department chief
- 10.06.2017Energy Minister Natig Aliyev’s body brought to Baku - UPDATED
- 07.06.2017Mother and her two sons died, grandson wounded in a fatal traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 06.06.2017Azerbaijan’s Interior Ministry prepares list of debtors banned from leaving country
- 03.06.2017Well-known lawyer dies in a motorcycle crash in Baku
- 02.06.2017Powerful mud closes Baku-Shamakhi highway, more than 500 cars remain on the road
- 30.05.2017The General Prosecutor's Office takes the investigation of the suicide attempt of the IDP under special control
- 28.05.2017Gregg Allman, of Allman Brothers Band Fame, Dead at 69
- 27.05.2017Conflict between school children in Azerbaijan ended with the death
- 13.05.2017Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 11.05.2017Strong earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Saatli - UPDATED
- 06.05.2017The famous Azerbaijani scientist Rafiga Aliyeva died
- 28.04.2017Trial held in case of Azerbaijani MNS ex-official charged with extortion
- 27.04.2017Turkish forces rescue Russian soldiers in Black Sea
- 25.04.2017SCC: Reports about mass brawl and beating of a customs official are untrue
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan sends one prosecutor into retirement, replaces two others
- 13.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues
- 05.04.2017Two dead, one injured in train-car collision in Azerbaijan
- 29.03.2017The MES spread information about fires in Baku and Shabran
- 29.03.2017Father killed his 7 year-old son with a hammer in Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 28.04.20163,000 gangs neutralized in Azerbaijan over last 12 years
- 01.05.2016Worker dies after falling ill at World Cup stadium site
- 02.05.2016Man arrested over swindling citizens in gun sale
- 27.04.2016ICRC representatives visit Armenian scout imprisoned in Azerbaijan
- 26.04.2016Five religious extremists detained in Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2016SOCAR locksmith dies in accident