Date of hearing on appeals of Ilgar Mammadov and Tofig Yagublu revealed - UPDATED
Ilgar Mammadov’s lawyer Fuad Aghayev posted on Facebook about it, APA reports.
The lawyer said that Shaki Court of Appeal informed him there was misunderstanding about the date of the hearing and the court will announce the decision on the case of Ilgar Mammadov and Tofig Yagublu at 17:00 on April 29.
Baku – APA. Shaki Court of Appeal will resume the hearing on appeals filed by the imprisoned chairman of REAL Movement Ilgar Mammadov and the imprisoned deputy chairman of Musavat Party Tofig Yagublu on May 3.
Tofig Yagublu posted on Facebook about it, APA reports.
The hearing will begin at 12:00.
On April 22, the court decided to postpone the hearing indefinitely.
The lawyers asked for acquittal in accordance with the judgments of European Court of Human Rights on Ilgar Mammadov and Tofig Yagublu.
A public prosecutor demanded to uphold the decision of the court of first instance.
Ilgar Mammadov and Tofig Yagublu asked the court for acquittal.
Shaki Court of Grave Crimes sentenced Ilgar Mammadov to 7 years and Tofig Yagublu 5 years in prison.
Shaki Court of Appeal rejected the appeal against the judgment. Then they filed a cassation appeal to the Supreme Court.
The Supreme Court partially upheld the cassation appeal. The decision of Shaki Court of Appeal on the case of Ilgar Mammadov and Tofig Yagublu was cancelled and the case was sent to Shaki Court of Appeal for reconsideration.
Ilgar Mammadov and Tofig Yagublu were arrested over the events in Azerbaijan's Ismayilli district. Tofig Yagublu was released in March under the presidential pardon order.
Related news releases
- 28.04.2017Trial held in case of Azerbaijani MNS ex-official charged with extortion
- 27.04.2017Turkish forces rescue Russian soldiers in Black Sea
- 25.04.2017SCC: Reports about mass brawl and beating of a customs official are untrue
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan sends one prosecutor into retirement, replaces two others
- 13.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues
- 05.04.2017Two dead, one injured in train-car collision in Azerbaijan
- 29.03.2017The MES spread information about fires in Baku and Shabran
- 29.03.2017Father killed his 7 year-old son with a hammer in Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 25.03.2017Russia puts Armenian, born in Baku, on Interpol wanted list
- 18.03.201710 trucks carrying goods belonging to Azerbaijani companies hijacked in Ukraine
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijan deported over 1,500 foreigners in February
- 07.03.2017Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-employee pleads not guilty - UPDATED
- 03.03.2017About 900 Azerbaijanis joined terrorist groups in Syria, Iraq
- 28.02.2017General Prosecutor's Office warns “Azerbaycan 24” news portal’s editor-in-chief
- 25.02.2017Date of hearing on appeals of those accused of reporter Rasim Aliyev’s death revealed
- 22.02.2017Prosecutor General's Office: "A criminal case was launched against members of the European Parliament"
- 22.02.2017Witnesses testify in Akif Chovdarov’s trial
- 22.02.2017Experts assess value of property Vidadi Zeynalov wants to put up for sale
- 09.02.2017Azerbaijan prevents drug smuggling from Iran
- 07.02.2017Blogger Alexander Lapshin extradited from Belarus to Azerbaijan - VIDEO - PHOTO
- 07.02.2017Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Jalilabad region
- 27.01.2017Azerbaijani Interior Ministry holds board meeting
- 23.01.2017ICRC visits Armenian scout imprisoned in Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2017Interior Ministry has filed a petition to the General Prosecutor's Office against Mehman Huseynov
- 10.01.2017SOCAR released information about a fire broke out at a gas pipeline in Sangachal - UPDATED
- 08.01.2017SCC comments on reports about the detention of trucks at the border
- 07.01.2017Iraqi Embassy in Baku issues statement on the murder in “Demirchi Tower” business center
- 20.12.20164 magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Balaken region
- 04.12.201659 UXOs detected in Azerbaijan’s Gazakh city
- 30.11.20164.3 magnitude earthquake hits the Caspian Sea
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijan announces dates of 2017 holidays
- 26.11.2016Aircraft of Azerbaijani MES successfully eliminates fires in 8 locations in Israel
- 24.11.2016Three killed after car crashes into truck in Azerbaijan
- 23.11.2016Fire breaks out in Baku, one dead
- 19.11.2016People's artist of Azerbaijan Nariman Azimov dies
- 18.11.2016About 1,000 left without home after major fire in Jakarta
- 16.11.2016Ex-Azerbaijani minister pays over 6M manats for causing damage to state
- 15.11.2016IAC publishes a preliminary report on the crash of the cargo aircraft AN-12 in Afghanistan
- 11.11.2016Patient slashes throat with razor blade in Baku
- 08.11.2016Ganimat Zahid's relatives, who are in prison, repudiated him
- 28.04.20163,000 gangs neutralized in Azerbaijan over last 12 years
- 01.05.2016Worker dies after falling ill at World Cup stadium site
- 02.05.2016Man arrested over swindling citizens in gun sale
- 27.04.2016ICRC representatives visit Armenian scout imprisoned in Azerbaijan
- 26.04.2016Five religious extremists detained in Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2016SOCAR locksmith dies in accident