Criminal case launched over the explosion at arms plant in Azerbaijan
Baku-APA. Azerbaijani General Prosecutor's Office, Interior Ministry and Ministry of Emergency Situations released report on the explosion that occurred at a defense industry plant in the country’s Shirvan city on July 26, APA reports.
According to the reports, an explosion occurred at Araz defense industry plant of Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Defense Industry located in Shirvan city, at about 15:30, on July 26.
Employees of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, the Ministry of Defense Industry,Ministry of Internal Affairs, the Ministry of Health and General Prosecutor's Office, as well as manpower, machinery and mechanisms were involved to the scene and necessary joint measures were taken to prevented expansion of the explosion. As a result of the incident, 24 people have received injuries of various degrees and were taken to the Central Hospital of Shirvan and Shirvan Diagnostic Center for medical assistance; other urgent measures are taken.
The Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office filed a criminal case under articles 223 (Infringement of safety rules on explosive objects and resulting heavy consequences) and 314.2 (The same act committed on imprudence and entailed death of the victim or other heavy consequences).
An investigative group consisting of representatives of the Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office, the interior ministry and the ministry of the emergency situations was established.
During the preliminary investigation found that the explosion occurred during the utilization of the plant site in preparation for the disposal of obsolete munitions of different caliber.
In order to establish the causes of the incident is assigned a set of examinations.
Currently ongoing investigations in the case.
Related news releases
- 14.10.2017Baku police detain members of gang committing robbery against foreigners
- 06.10.2017Prison term for Gozal Bayramli extended
- 03.10.2017Court rejects Rauf Mirgadirov’s appeal
- 01.10.2017Magnitude 5.3 earthquake hits Russia's Kamchatka peninsula
- 29.09.2017Lotfi Zadeh’s body brought to Baku
- 27.09.2017Quake hits Azerbaijan’s Shamakhi
- 27.09.2017Seven people killed in car crash in Azerbaijan identified - UPDATED
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan sends helicopter to Georgia to tackle forest fires
- 22.09.2017OPEC and non-OPEC countries to discuss oil export monitoring mechanism
- 19.09.20174 women killed, 3 others injured in severe traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani minister's son died
- 14.09.2017Alexander Lapshin left Azerbaijan
- 08.09.201726 of 39 poisoned people at the wedding in Tovuz, discharged home - UPDATED - 3
- 07.09.2017Court to consider Mehman Aliyev’s appeal on Sept.8
- 03.09.2017183 UXOs detected in Azerbaijan’s Khizi region
- 02.09.2017Ministry: The strong wind expands the fire area in Gabala
- 31.08.2017Forest fire in Oguz region spread to the territory of the Shahdag National Park
- 31.08.2017Court refuses to commute Afgan Mukhtarli’s detention to house arrest
- 30.08.2017Akif Chovdarov’s lawyer asks court for one month to prepare speech
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijan State Security Service prevents smuggling of 44kg drugs
- 30.08.2017119 UXOs and 227 EBOs detected in Khizi region of Azerbaijan
- 29.08.2017Helicopter involved in extinguishing forest fires in Azerbaijan
- 28.08.2017Criminal case against Natig Jafarli terminated
- 26.08.2017The first staff of the rescue and fire-fighting team of the MES returned to country from Georgia
- 26.08.2017Azerbaijan’s helicopter involved in tackling fires in Georgia today as well
- 23.08.2017Azerbaijan's firefighters continue to battle Georgia wildfires, set up field tents
- 22.08.2017Azerbaijani ministry’s rescue team involved in extinguishing forest fires in Georgia
- 21.08.2017Azerbaijan sends helicopter to help Georgia tackle forest fires
- 14.08.2017Large amount of money and jewelry stolen in house in Baku
- 10.08.2017The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminates information on the fire in Binagadi district
- 06.08.2017Fire occurs at the dormitory in Sumgayit, 15 residents rescued, 20 were evacuated
- 03.08.20172 killed, 1 injured in a fatal traffic accident in Baku
- 26.07.2017Reasons of suicide committed in Shamkir known - UPDATED
- 25.07.2017Turkish plane is rerouted to Algiers after false bomb alert
- 21.07.2017Magnitude 6.7 quake hits Turkey’s west coast, up to 70 people injured
- 18.07.2017Incident occurred among fans of Samtredia FC and Garabagh FC in Tbilisi
- 05.07.2017452 kg drugs burned in Azerbaijan
- 05.07.2017Azerbaijan initiates criminal case over Armenian provocative acts
- 03.07.2017Alexander Lapshin’s mother to testify in court - UPDATED
- 29.06.2017Baku police issue arrest warrants for ex-diplomat and ex-spokesman of liquidated SSAC
- 26.07.2016Two people die as a result of the explosion at arms plant in Azerbaijan
- 30.07.2016One killed, three injured in traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 30.07.2016Criminal cases launched against two employees of prosecutor's office in Azerbaijan, one arrested
- 26.07.2016State Commission established to investigate explosion in Shirvan
- 23.07.2016Woman kills husband in Baku
- 23.07.201656-year old man commits suicide in Azerbaijan