Criminal case launched over the explosion at arms plant in Azerbaijan
Baku-APA. Azerbaijani General Prosecutor's Office, Interior Ministry and Ministry of Emergency Situations released report on the explosion that occurred at a defense industry plant in the country’s Shirvan city on July 26, APA reports.
According to the reports, an explosion occurred at Araz defense industry plant of Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Defense Industry located in Shirvan city, at about 15:30, on July 26.
Employees of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, the Ministry of Defense Industry,Ministry of Internal Affairs, the Ministry of Health and General Prosecutor's Office, as well as manpower, machinery and mechanisms were involved to the scene and necessary joint measures were taken to prevented expansion of the explosion. As a result of the incident, 24 people have received injuries of various degrees and were taken to the Central Hospital of Shirvan and Shirvan Diagnostic Center for medical assistance; other urgent measures are taken.
The Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office filed a criminal case under articles 223 (Infringement of safety rules on explosive objects and resulting heavy consequences) and 314.2 (The same act committed on imprudence and entailed death of the victim or other heavy consequences).
An investigative group consisting of representatives of the Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office, the interior ministry and the ministry of the emergency situations was established.
During the preliminary investigation found that the explosion occurred during the utilization of the plant site in preparation for the disposal of obsolete munitions of different caliber.
In order to establish the causes of the incident is assigned a set of examinations.
Currently ongoing investigations in the case.
Related news releases
- 28.04.2017Trial held in case of Azerbaijani MNS ex-official charged with extortion
- 27.04.2017Turkish forces rescue Russian soldiers in Black Sea
- 25.04.2017SCC: Reports about mass brawl and beating of a customs official are untrue
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan sends one prosecutor into retirement, replaces two others
- 13.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues
- 05.04.2017Two dead, one injured in train-car collision in Azerbaijan
- 29.03.2017The MES spread information about fires in Baku and Shabran
- 29.03.2017Father killed his 7 year-old son with a hammer in Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 25.03.2017Russia puts Armenian, born in Baku, on Interpol wanted list
- 18.03.201710 trucks carrying goods belonging to Azerbaijani companies hijacked in Ukraine
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijan deported over 1,500 foreigners in February
- 07.03.2017Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-employee pleads not guilty - UPDATED
- 03.03.2017About 900 Azerbaijanis joined terrorist groups in Syria, Iraq
- 28.02.2017General Prosecutor's Office warns “Azerbaycan 24” news portal’s editor-in-chief
- 25.02.2017Date of hearing on appeals of those accused of reporter Rasim Aliyev’s death revealed
- 22.02.2017Prosecutor General's Office: "A criminal case was launched against members of the European Parliament"
- 22.02.2017Witnesses testify in Akif Chovdarov’s trial
- 22.02.2017Experts assess value of property Vidadi Zeynalov wants to put up for sale
- 09.02.2017Azerbaijan prevents drug smuggling from Iran
- 07.02.2017Blogger Alexander Lapshin extradited from Belarus to Azerbaijan - VIDEO - PHOTO
- 07.02.2017Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Jalilabad region
- 27.01.2017Azerbaijani Interior Ministry holds board meeting
- 23.01.2017ICRC visits Armenian scout imprisoned in Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2017Interior Ministry has filed a petition to the General Prosecutor's Office against Mehman Huseynov
- 10.01.2017SOCAR released information about a fire broke out at a gas pipeline in Sangachal - UPDATED
- 08.01.2017SCC comments on reports about the detention of trucks at the border
- 07.01.2017Iraqi Embassy in Baku issues statement on the murder in “Demirchi Tower” business center
- 20.12.20164 magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Balaken region
- 04.12.201659 UXOs detected in Azerbaijan’s Gazakh city
- 30.11.20164.3 magnitude earthquake hits the Caspian Sea
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijan announces dates of 2017 holidays
- 26.11.2016Aircraft of Azerbaijani MES successfully eliminates fires in 8 locations in Israel
- 24.11.2016Three killed after car crashes into truck in Azerbaijan
- 23.11.2016Fire breaks out in Baku, one dead
- 19.11.2016People's artist of Azerbaijan Nariman Azimov dies
- 18.11.2016About 1,000 left without home after major fire in Jakarta
- 16.11.2016Ex-Azerbaijani minister pays over 6M manats for causing damage to state
- 15.11.2016IAC publishes a preliminary report on the crash of the cargo aircraft AN-12 in Afghanistan
- 11.11.2016Patient slashes throat with razor blade in Baku
- 08.11.2016Ganimat Zahid's relatives, who are in prison, repudiated him
- 26.07.2016Two people die as a result of the explosion at arms plant in Azerbaijan
- 30.07.2016One killed, three injured in traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 30.07.2016Criminal cases launched against two employees of prosecutor's office in Azerbaijan, one arrested
- 26.07.2016State Commission established to investigate explosion in Shirvan
- 23.07.2016Woman kills husband in Baku
- 23.07.201656-year old man commits suicide in Azerbaijan