Criminal case launched over the explosion at arms plant in Azerbaijan
Baku-APA. Azerbaijani General Prosecutor's Office, Interior Ministry and Ministry of Emergency Situations released report on the explosion that occurred at a defense industry plant in the country’s Shirvan city on July 26, APA reports.
According to the reports, an explosion occurred at Araz defense industry plant of Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Defense Industry located in Shirvan city, at about 15:30, on July 26.
Employees of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, the Ministry of Defense Industry,Ministry of Internal Affairs, the Ministry of Health and General Prosecutor's Office, as well as manpower, machinery and mechanisms were involved to the scene and necessary joint measures were taken to prevented expansion of the explosion. As a result of the incident, 24 people have received injuries of various degrees and were taken to the Central Hospital of Shirvan and Shirvan Diagnostic Center for medical assistance; other urgent measures are taken.
The Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office filed a criminal case under articles 223 (Infringement of safety rules on explosive objects and resulting heavy consequences) and 314.2 (The same act committed on imprudence and entailed death of the victim or other heavy consequences).
An investigative group consisting of representatives of the Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office, the interior ministry and the ministry of the emergency situations was established.
During the preliminary investigation found that the explosion occurred during the utilization of the plant site in preparation for the disposal of obsolete munitions of different caliber.
In order to establish the causes of the incident is assigned a set of examinations.
Currently ongoing investigations in the case.
Related news releases
- 14.08.2017Large amount of money and jewelry stolen in house in Baku
- 10.08.2017The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminates information on the fire in Binagadi district
- 06.08.2017Fire occurs at the dormitory in Sumgayit, 15 residents rescued, 20 were evacuated
- 03.08.20172 killed, 1 injured in a fatal traffic accident in Baku
- 26.07.2017Reasons of suicide committed in Shamkir known - UPDATED
- 25.07.2017Turkish plane is rerouted to Algiers after false bomb alert
- 21.07.2017Magnitude 6.7 quake hits Turkey’s west coast, up to 70 people injured
- 18.07.2017Incident occurred among fans of Samtredia FC and Garabagh FC in Tbilisi
- 05.07.2017452 kg drugs burned in Azerbaijan
- 05.07.2017Azerbaijan initiates criminal case over Armenian provocative acts
- 03.07.2017Alexander Lapshin’s mother to testify in court - UPDATED
- 29.06.2017Baku police issue arrest warrants for ex-diplomat and ex-spokesman of liquidated SSAC
- 28.06.2017Five SOCAR employees injured in the Caspian Sea
- 27.06.2017Petya ransomware virus is back amid cyber attack
- 20.06.2017AZAL aircraft returns to Beijing Airport
- 17.06.2017First president of AFFA Fuad Musayev passed away
- 14.06.2017Smoke detected at crippled Chernobyl power plant
- 12.06.2017Baku police detain person over false bomb threat to mall
- 12.06.2017486 human traffickers brought to justice in 12 years – department chief
- 10.06.2017Energy Minister Natig Aliyev’s body brought to Baku - UPDATED
- 07.06.2017Mother and her two sons died, grandson wounded in a fatal traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 06.06.2017Azerbaijan’s Interior Ministry prepares list of debtors banned from leaving country
- 03.06.2017Well-known lawyer dies in a motorcycle crash in Baku
- 02.06.2017Powerful mud closes Baku-Shamakhi highway, more than 500 cars remain on the road
- 30.05.2017The General Prosecutor's Office takes the investigation of the suicide attempt of the IDP under special control
- 28.05.2017Gregg Allman, of Allman Brothers Band Fame, Dead at 69
- 27.05.2017Conflict between school children in Azerbaijan ended with the death
- 13.05.2017Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 11.05.2017Strong earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Saatli - UPDATED
- 06.05.2017The famous Azerbaijani scientist Rafiga Aliyeva died
- 28.04.2017Trial held in case of Azerbaijani MNS ex-official charged with extortion
- 27.04.2017Turkish forces rescue Russian soldiers in Black Sea
- 25.04.2017SCC: Reports about mass brawl and beating of a customs official are untrue
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan sends one prosecutor into retirement, replaces two others
- 13.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues
- 05.04.2017Two dead, one injured in train-car collision in Azerbaijan
- 29.03.2017The MES spread information about fires in Baku and Shabran
- 29.03.2017Father killed his 7 year-old son with a hammer in Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 25.03.2017Russia puts Armenian, born in Baku, on Interpol wanted list
- 18.03.201710 trucks carrying goods belonging to Azerbaijani companies hijacked in Ukraine
- 26.07.2016Two people die as a result of the explosion at arms plant in Azerbaijan
- 30.07.2016One killed, three injured in traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 30.07.2016Criminal cases launched against two employees of prosecutor's office in Azerbaijan, one arrested
- 26.07.2016State Commission established to investigate explosion in Shirvan
- 23.07.2016Woman kills husband in Baku
- 23.07.201656-year old man commits suicide in Azerbaijan