Criminal case launched over the explosion at arms plant in Azerbaijan
Baku-APA. Azerbaijani General Prosecutor's Office, Interior Ministry and Ministry of Emergency Situations released report on the explosion that occurred at a defense industry plant in the country’s Shirvan city on July 26, APA reports.
According to the reports, an explosion occurred at Araz defense industry plant of Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Defense Industry located in Shirvan city, at about 15:30, on July 26.
Employees of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, the Ministry of Defense Industry,Ministry of Internal Affairs, the Ministry of Health and General Prosecutor's Office, as well as manpower, machinery and mechanisms were involved to the scene and necessary joint measures were taken to prevented expansion of the explosion. As a result of the incident, 24 people have received injuries of various degrees and were taken to the Central Hospital of Shirvan and Shirvan Diagnostic Center for medical assistance; other urgent measures are taken.
The Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office filed a criminal case under articles 223 (Infringement of safety rules on explosive objects and resulting heavy consequences) and 314.2 (The same act committed on imprudence and entailed death of the victim or other heavy consequences).
An investigative group consisting of representatives of the Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office, the interior ministry and the ministry of the emergency situations was established.
During the preliminary investigation found that the explosion occurred during the utilization of the plant site in preparation for the disposal of obsolete munitions of different caliber.
In order to establish the causes of the incident is assigned a set of examinations.
Currently ongoing investigations in the case.
Related news releases
- 07.03.2018Earthquake kills at least 18 in Papua New Guinea
- 02.03.2018One dies, three injured as strong fire occurs in the Republican Narcological Dispensary - UPDATED - 4
- 17.02.2018SOCAR's petrol tanker burst into flames in Georgia
- 09.02.2018Small asteroid will pass very close to Earth on Friday
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan's People's Artist Zarnigar Agakishiyeva dies
- 07.02.2018Fire broke out in Baku, 30 people were evacuated
- 07.02.2018Elon Musk's Falcon Heavy rocket launches successfully
- 06.02.2018The Ministry of Defense Industry releases information on the fire occured in the plant
- 06.02.2018The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminated information in connection with the explosion at the plant in Baku
- 06.02.2018Explosion occurred in Radio engineering plant in Baku, no one injured - UPDATED
- 02.02.2018Boiler room explosion rocks Turkish capital, no casualties: governor
- 26.01.2018South Korea hospital fire kills 33, injures 50
- 26.01.20184 killed in Ukranian helicopter crash
- 23.01.2018A prominent Azerbaijani journalist dies
- 12.01.2018MES "The search of the missing climbers is carried out on a high mountain range with a complex terrain"
- 07.01.2018Dozens Injured in 5.1 Quake in Western Iran
- 06.01.2018Names of injured in bus crash in Baku revealed
- 06.01.2018Magnitude 5.1 quake hits western Iran
- 05.01.2018Foreign experts visit area of search of missing climbers
- 05.01.2018Kamchatka volcano spits up ash 5-7 kilometers high
- 04.01.2018Search for the missing mountaineers continued today - PHOTO - VIDEO
- 31.12.2017The People's Artist of Azerbaijan Chingiz Sadykhov dies
- 29.12.2017MES: "The search of climbers is conducted in all possible directions"
- 27.12.2017Ministry of Emergency Situations appeals to social network users and media
- 09.12.20174 killed, 4 injured in a traffic accident in Sheki
- 05.12.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 4 in Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Brazil striker given prison sentence
- 20.11.2017Akif Chovdarov files appeal against verdict
- 19.11.20175.9-magnitude quake hits 73 km NNE of Tobelo, Indonesia
- 16.11.20173.5-magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Iran earthquake death toll reached 530 people
- 03.11.2017Eldar Mahmudov's assistant arrested
- 02.11.2017The school director accused of sexual assault against schoolgirl in Khacmaz region arresred
- 02.11.2017Escaped convict and one more person killed in special operation in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Municipal candidate of Azerbaijani origin shot in Georgia
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijan neutralized 99 criminal groups of 228 persons this year
- 14.10.2017Baku police detain members of gang committing robbery against foreigners
- 06.10.2017Prison term for Gozal Bayramli extended
- 03.10.2017Court rejects Rauf Mirgadirov’s appeal
- 01.10.2017Magnitude 5.3 earthquake hits Russia's Kamchatka peninsula
- 26.07.2016Two people die as a result of the explosion at arms plant in Azerbaijan
- 30.07.2016One killed, three injured in traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 30.07.2016Criminal cases launched against two employees of prosecutor's office in Azerbaijan, one arrested
- 26.07.2016State Commission established to investigate explosion in Shirvan
- 23.07.2016Woman kills husband in Baku
- 23.07.201656-year old man commits suicide in Azerbaijan