Criminal case against Natig Jafarli terminated
The criminal case filed against the executive secretary of Real Movement, Natig Jafarli, has been terminated, his lawyer Javad Javadov posted on his Facebook page.
The lawyer said that he was summoned to the Department for Investigation of Grave Crimes of the General Prosecutor's Office on August 28, where he was informed that the criminal case filed under articles 192.1 and 308.2 of the Criminal Code of Azerbaijan was terminated due to the lack of corpus delicti.
The lawyer said that the things, identity card and other documents seized during the search were returned to him. Besides, it was said that the restriction of his right to leave the country will soon be removed.
On August 12, Jafarli was summoned to Department for Investigation of Grave Crimes of the Prosecutor General’s Office. Then he was taken to the Nasimi district court which sentenced him to a 4-month pretrial detention.
He was charged with illegal business (Article 192) and abusing official powers (Article 308). On September 9, the Nasimi district court decided to cancel the arrest as a preventive measure for Natig Jafarli and he was released.
Related news releases
- 24.03.2018Fire breaks out in forest in Azerbaijan’s Lerik and Shabran distrcts
- 07.03.2018Earthquake kills at least 18 in Papua New Guinea
- 02.03.2018One dies, three injured as strong fire occurs in the Republican Narcological Dispensary - UPDATED - 4
- 17.02.2018SOCAR's petrol tanker burst into flames in Georgia
- 09.02.2018Small asteroid will pass very close to Earth on Friday
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan's People's Artist Zarnigar Agakishiyeva dies
- 07.02.2018Fire broke out in Baku, 30 people were evacuated
- 07.02.2018Elon Musk's Falcon Heavy rocket launches successfully
- 06.02.2018The Ministry of Defense Industry releases information on the fire occured in the plant
- 06.02.2018The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminated information in connection with the explosion at the plant in Baku
- 06.02.2018Explosion occurred in Radio engineering plant in Baku, no one injured - UPDATED
- 02.02.2018Boiler room explosion rocks Turkish capital, no casualties: governor
- 26.01.2018South Korea hospital fire kills 33, injures 50
- 26.01.20184 killed in Ukranian helicopter crash
- 23.01.2018A prominent Azerbaijani journalist dies
- 12.01.2018MES "The search of the missing climbers is carried out on a high mountain range with a complex terrain"
- 07.01.2018Dozens Injured in 5.1 Quake in Western Iran
- 06.01.2018Names of injured in bus crash in Baku revealed
- 06.01.2018Magnitude 5.1 quake hits western Iran
- 05.01.2018Foreign experts visit area of search of missing climbers
- 05.01.2018Kamchatka volcano spits up ash 5-7 kilometers high
- 04.01.2018Search for the missing mountaineers continued today - PHOTO - VIDEO
- 31.12.2017The People's Artist of Azerbaijan Chingiz Sadykhov dies
- 29.12.2017MES: "The search of climbers is conducted in all possible directions"
- 27.12.2017Ministry of Emergency Situations appeals to social network users and media
- 09.12.20174 killed, 4 injured in a traffic accident in Sheki
- 05.12.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 4 in Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Brazil striker given prison sentence
- 20.11.2017Akif Chovdarov files appeal against verdict
- 19.11.20175.9-magnitude quake hits 73 km NNE of Tobelo, Indonesia
- 16.11.20173.5-magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Iran earthquake death toll reached 530 people
- 03.11.2017Eldar Mahmudov's assistant arrested
- 02.11.2017The school director accused of sexual assault against schoolgirl in Khacmaz region arresred
- 02.11.2017Escaped convict and one more person killed in special operation in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Municipal candidate of Azerbaijani origin shot in Georgia
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijan neutralized 99 criminal groups of 228 persons this year
- 14.10.2017Baku police detain members of gang committing robbery against foreigners
- 06.10.2017Prison term for Gozal Bayramli extended
- 03.10.2017Court rejects Rauf Mirgadirov’s appeal
- 08.08.2015Fatal traffic accident occurred on Baku-Gazakh highway
- 08.08.201581-year-old man shoots to death his relative in Azerbaijan
- 08.08.2015Azerbaijan declares company head internationally wanted over tax evasion
- 08.08.2015Mother dies in childbirth in Baku
- 08.08.2015ICRC representatives meet with Armenian scout held in Azerbaijan
- 07.08.2015People's Artist Mukhtar Maniyev taken to intensive care unit