Court passes judgment on Nida members
The court passed a judgment on the defendants at the hearing presided by judge Javid Huseynov.
Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov were sentenced to 8-year imprisonment, Rashad Hasanov to 7 years 6 months, Bakhtiyar Guliyev to 7 years, Mammad Azizov to 7 years 6 months, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years in prison.
Prosecutor demanded to sentence Zaur Gurbanli, Ilkin Rustamzadeh and Rashadat Akhundov to 8 years 6 months in prison, Rashad Hasanov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev and Mammad Azizov to 8 years, Uzeyir Mammadli to 7 years 6 months and Shahin Novruzlu to 6 years 6 months at the hearing presided over by judge Javid Huseynov.
Nida members went on a hunger strike as a protest against the public prosecutor’s speech.
Seven members of “Nida” Civic Movement were arrested. As a result of the National Security Ministry and Prosecutor General’s Office, the house of student of the vocational school Guliyev Bakhtiyar Samandar was searched. 19 petrol bombs, 255,40g hashish and 15,48g dried marihuana were found there. The house of student of Odlar Yurdu University Novruzlu Shahin Ibrahim was also searched. 3 petrol bombs,
Criminal case has been launched on articles 234.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping or selling drugs) and 228.1 (illegally obtaining, keeping, carrying weapons, explosives) of the Criminal Code and Mammad Azizov, Bakhtiyar Guliyev, Shahin Novruzlu, Rashadat Akhundov, Uzeyir Mammadli, Rashad Hasanov and Zaur Gurbanli and member of Free Youth Organization Ilkin Rustamzadeh were arrested.
During the investigation, they faced extra charge under Criminal Code’s article 220.1 (the organization of a mass disorders accompanied with violence, breaking, arsons, destruction of property, application of fire-arms, explosives, and also rendering of armed resistance to representative of authority, or participation in such disorders).
Related news releases
- 13.05.2017Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 11.05.2017Strong earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Saatli - UPDATED
- 06.05.2017The famous Azerbaijani scientist Rafiga Aliyeva died
- 28.04.2017Trial held in case of Azerbaijani MNS ex-official charged with extortion
- 27.04.2017Turkish forces rescue Russian soldiers in Black Sea
- 25.04.2017SCC: Reports about mass brawl and beating of a customs official are untrue
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan sends one prosecutor into retirement, replaces two others
- 13.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues
- 05.04.2017Two dead, one injured in train-car collision in Azerbaijan
- 29.03.2017The MES spread information about fires in Baku and Shabran
- 29.03.2017Father killed his 7 year-old son with a hammer in Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 25.03.2017Russia puts Armenian, born in Baku, on Interpol wanted list
- 18.03.201710 trucks carrying goods belonging to Azerbaijani companies hijacked in Ukraine
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijan deported over 1,500 foreigners in February
- 07.03.2017Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-employee pleads not guilty - UPDATED
- 03.03.2017About 900 Azerbaijanis joined terrorist groups in Syria, Iraq
- 28.02.2017General Prosecutor's Office warns “Azerbaycan 24” news portal’s editor-in-chief
- 25.02.2017Date of hearing on appeals of those accused of reporter Rasim Aliyev’s death revealed
- 22.02.2017Prosecutor General's Office: "A criminal case was launched against members of the European Parliament"
- 22.02.2017Witnesses testify in Akif Chovdarov’s trial
- 22.02.2017Experts assess value of property Vidadi Zeynalov wants to put up for sale
- 09.02.2017Azerbaijan prevents drug smuggling from Iran
- 07.02.2017Blogger Alexander Lapshin extradited from Belarus to Azerbaijan - VIDEO - PHOTO
- 07.02.2017Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Jalilabad region
- 27.01.2017Azerbaijani Interior Ministry holds board meeting
- 23.01.2017ICRC visits Armenian scout imprisoned in Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2017Interior Ministry has filed a petition to the General Prosecutor's Office against Mehman Huseynov
- 10.01.2017SOCAR released information about a fire broke out at a gas pipeline in Sangachal - UPDATED
- 08.01.2017SCC comments on reports about the detention of trucks at the border
- 07.01.2017Iraqi Embassy in Baku issues statement on the murder in “Demirchi Tower” business center
- 20.12.20164 magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Balaken region
- 04.12.201659 UXOs detected in Azerbaijan’s Gazakh city
- 30.11.20164.3 magnitude earthquake hits the Caspian Sea
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijan announces dates of 2017 holidays
- 26.11.2016Aircraft of Azerbaijani MES successfully eliminates fires in 8 locations in Israel
- 24.11.2016Three killed after car crashes into truck in Azerbaijan
- 23.11.2016Fire breaks out in Baku, one dead
- 19.11.2016People's artist of Azerbaijan Nariman Azimov dies
- 18.11.2016About 1,000 left without home after major fire in Jakarta
- 16.11.2016Ex-Azerbaijani minister pays over 6M manats for causing damage to state
- 06.05.2014Azerbaijani citizen’s $3 mln. stolen at Moscow airport
- 06.05.2014One more Azerbaijani killed in Syria - EXCLUSIVE – PHOTO
- 06.05.201479 killed in traffic accidents in Baku this year
- 06.05.2014Azerbaijan hands over one more Armenian to opposite side
- 06.05.2014Quake hits occupied Kalbajar region
- 06.05.2014Gamet Sulaymanov’s deputy sentenced to 20-day administrative arrest