Court continues trial of Taleh Baghirov and others
Baku. Shahriyar Alizade – APA. The Baku Court of Grave Crimes on Sept.21 resumed the trial of Taleh Baghirov, Fuad Gahramanli and others.
Witness Ibrahim Kazimov, an employee of the Main Directorate for Combating Organized Crime, gave testimony at the hearing presided over by judge Alovsat Abbasov.
He said that he disarmed Rasim Jabrayilov during the operation held in Nardaran. The witness said that he saw that Rasim fired and took his weapon.
The accused Abbas Huseynov asked him to talk aloud and insulted him. The judge warned Huseynov and demanded the warning to be mentioned in the protocol. Then the judge announced a break.
Following the break, the judge said that Kazimov will be called another time to testify.
He once again warned the accused persons.
Then another employee of the Main Directorate for Combating Organized Crime Kamil Mammadov also testified at the hearing. He said that he disarmed Agil Ismayilov and seized a grenade from him.
The lawyers asked him how he entered the house during the shooting. He replied that they entered the house after the shooting is over. When the lawyer asked why the shooting is over, the witness replied ‘they probably came to their senses’. This caused objection of the accused person. Abbas Huseynov caviled at the judge requiring him to warn the witness.
Judge Abbasov instructed Huseynov’s to be removed from the courtroom.
Then a break was announced.
Following the break, the hearing was resumed with absence of Huseynov. The judge said that although he warned several times, Huseynov doesn’t obey the rules. “He was warned three times today. You are also witnessing his acts. Huseynov will be allowed to the hearing he appeals the court in a written form, asks for an apology and promises that he will no more repeat such acts”, said the judge.
Baghirov and Fuad Gahramanli promised that Huseynov won’t disrespect the court again. The judge wanted Huseynov to appeal. The defendants refused it. They said in this case they won’t attend the hearing and will refuse the lawyers. Then the defendants asked judge for time to have a consultation.
Huseynov attended the hearing after the break.
Huseynov said he didn’t disrespect anyone, but want the court to protect his rights. The judge said his rights are being protected.
Then, Kamil Mammadov answered the questions of the participants. He said he detained Ismayilov in the kitchen, but Ismayilov claimed that he was detained by another man in the yard and he didn’t have a gun. The witness refuted his claims.
Taleh Baghirov asked him why the anti-terrorism operation was conducted by Main Directorate for Combating Organized Crime. He said they conducted this operation as an armed group was involved in the incident. The witness said he suffered moral damage during the incident.
The hearing will be resumed on September 22.
Related news releases
- 20.11.2017Akif Chovdarov files appeal against verdict
- 19.11.20175.9-magnitude quake hits 73 km NNE of Tobelo, Indonesia
- 16.11.20173.5-magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Iran earthquake death toll reached 530 people
- 03.11.2017Eldar Mahmudov's assistant arrested
- 02.11.2017The school director accused of sexual assault against schoolgirl in Khacmaz region arresred
- 02.11.2017Escaped convict and one more person killed in special operation in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Municipal candidate of Azerbaijani origin shot in Georgia
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijan neutralized 99 criminal groups of 228 persons this year
- 14.10.2017Baku police detain members of gang committing robbery against foreigners
- 06.10.2017Prison term for Gozal Bayramli extended
- 03.10.2017Court rejects Rauf Mirgadirov’s appeal
- 01.10.2017Magnitude 5.3 earthquake hits Russia's Kamchatka peninsula
- 29.09.2017Lotfi Zadeh’s body brought to Baku
- 27.09.2017Quake hits Azerbaijan’s Shamakhi
- 27.09.2017Seven people killed in car crash in Azerbaijan identified - UPDATED
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan sends helicopter to Georgia to tackle forest fires
- 22.09.2017OPEC and non-OPEC countries to discuss oil export monitoring mechanism
- 19.09.20174 women killed, 3 others injured in severe traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani minister's son died
- 14.09.2017Alexander Lapshin left Azerbaijan
- 08.09.201726 of 39 poisoned people at the wedding in Tovuz, discharged home - UPDATED - 3
- 07.09.2017Court to consider Mehman Aliyev’s appeal on Sept.8
- 03.09.2017183 UXOs detected in Azerbaijan’s Khizi region
- 02.09.2017Ministry: The strong wind expands the fire area in Gabala
- 31.08.2017Forest fire in Oguz region spread to the territory of the Shahdag National Park
- 31.08.2017Court refuses to commute Afgan Mukhtarli’s detention to house arrest
- 30.08.2017Akif Chovdarov’s lawyer asks court for one month to prepare speech
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijan State Security Service prevents smuggling of 44kg drugs
- 30.08.2017119 UXOs and 227 EBOs detected in Khizi region of Azerbaijan
- 29.08.2017Helicopter involved in extinguishing forest fires in Azerbaijan
- 28.08.2017Criminal case against Natig Jafarli terminated
- 26.08.2017The first staff of the rescue and fire-fighting team of the MES returned to country from Georgia
- 26.08.2017Azerbaijan’s helicopter involved in tackling fires in Georgia today as well
- 23.08.2017Azerbaijan's firefighters continue to battle Georgia wildfires, set up field tents
- 22.08.2017Azerbaijani ministry’s rescue team involved in extinguishing forest fires in Georgia
- 21.08.2017Azerbaijan sends helicopter to help Georgia tackle forest fires
- 14.08.2017Large amount of money and jewelry stolen in house in Baku
- 10.08.2017The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminates information on the fire in Binagadi district
- 06.08.2017Fire occurs at the dormitory in Sumgayit, 15 residents rescued, 20 were evacuated
- 23.09.2016One of aggrieved persons in case of Akif Chovdarov dies in jail
- 25.09.2016At least 13 people dead in Stampede in Congo
- 27.09.2016Fire at SOCAR’s Gunashli platform extinguished
- 21.09.2016Another Azerbaijani businessman kidnapped in Ukraine
- 20.09.2016Magnitude 6.0 quake hits off east coast of Japan
- 20.09.2016List of ammunition handed over by Nardaran residents this year made public