Court continues trial of Taleh Baghirov and others
Baku. Shahriyar Alizade – APA. The Baku Court of Grave Crimes on Sept.21 resumed the trial of Taleh Baghirov, Fuad Gahramanli and others.
Witness Ibrahim Kazimov, an employee of the Main Directorate for Combating Organized Crime, gave testimony at the hearing presided over by judge Alovsat Abbasov.
He said that he disarmed Rasim Jabrayilov during the operation held in Nardaran. The witness said that he saw that Rasim fired and took his weapon.
The accused Abbas Huseynov asked him to talk aloud and insulted him. The judge warned Huseynov and demanded the warning to be mentioned in the protocol. Then the judge announced a break.
Following the break, the judge said that Kazimov will be called another time to testify.
He once again warned the accused persons.
Then another employee of the Main Directorate for Combating Organized Crime Kamil Mammadov also testified at the hearing. He said that he disarmed Agil Ismayilov and seized a grenade from him.
The lawyers asked him how he entered the house during the shooting. He replied that they entered the house after the shooting is over. When the lawyer asked why the shooting is over, the witness replied ‘they probably came to their senses’. This caused objection of the accused person. Abbas Huseynov caviled at the judge requiring him to warn the witness.
Judge Abbasov instructed Huseynov’s to be removed from the courtroom.
Then a break was announced.
Following the break, the hearing was resumed with absence of Huseynov. The judge said that although he warned several times, Huseynov doesn’t obey the rules. “He was warned three times today. You are also witnessing his acts. Huseynov will be allowed to the hearing he appeals the court in a written form, asks for an apology and promises that he will no more repeat such acts”, said the judge.
Baghirov and Fuad Gahramanli promised that Huseynov won’t disrespect the court again. The judge wanted Huseynov to appeal. The defendants refused it. They said in this case they won’t attend the hearing and will refuse the lawyers. Then the defendants asked judge for time to have a consultation.
Huseynov attended the hearing after the break.
Huseynov said he didn’t disrespect anyone, but want the court to protect his rights. The judge said his rights are being protected.
Then, Kamil Mammadov answered the questions of the participants. He said he detained Ismayilov in the kitchen, but Ismayilov claimed that he was detained by another man in the yard and he didn’t have a gun. The witness refuted his claims.
Taleh Baghirov asked him why the anti-terrorism operation was conducted by Main Directorate for Combating Organized Crime. He said they conducted this operation as an armed group was involved in the incident. The witness said he suffered moral damage during the incident.
The hearing will be resumed on September 22.
Related news releases
- 15.06.20183 died, another 3 injured as car crashes into cows in Azerbaijan
- 09.06.2018An armed incident occurs in a penitentiary in Baku
- 06.06.2018Strong earthquake in Zaqatala causes cracks in the walls of a number of houses
- 05.06.2018Magnitude 6 earthquake hits Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 04.06.2018“Border-Shield” operation launched on Azerbaijani-Russian border
- 03.06.20182 climbers killed after fall from Yosemite’s El Capitan
- 02.06.2018The mudflow destroyed the bridge in Goychay
- 01.06.2018Armed man attacks on apartment, shoots mother and daughter
- 30.05.201814 people injured and 25 cars damaged after bus crash in Dartford
- 29.05.2018Russian Journalist Killed in Kiev - Ukraine's Interior Ministry
- 17.05.2018Group head: "Missing mountaineers have fallen under a powerful avalanche"
- 17.05.2018Bodies of the missing mountaineers were taken to morgue
- 16.05.2018President Aliyev: Great work done to ensure Nakhchivan’s security
- 29.04.2018The fire in a multi-storey building in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 28.04.2018Il-38 plane of Indian Air Force makes emergency landing at Moscow region's airport
- 20.04.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Fire in a multi-storied residential building under construction in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 07.04.2018Helicopter rescues fisherman stuck among crocodiles
- 01.04.20186 killed and 2 injured in head-on collision between passenger car and truck in Azerbaijan
- 28.03.2018Gunman shooting Calgary police officer
- 24.03.2018Fire breaks out in forest in Azerbaijan’s Lerik and Shabran distrcts
- 07.03.2018Earthquake kills at least 18 in Papua New Guinea
- 02.03.2018One dies, three injured as strong fire occurs in the Republican Narcological Dispensary - UPDATED - 4
- 17.02.2018SOCAR's petrol tanker burst into flames in Georgia
- 09.02.2018Small asteroid will pass very close to Earth on Friday
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan's People's Artist Zarnigar Agakishiyeva dies
- 07.02.2018Fire broke out in Baku, 30 people were evacuated
- 07.02.2018Elon Musk's Falcon Heavy rocket launches successfully
- 06.02.2018The Ministry of Defense Industry releases information on the fire occured in the plant
- 06.02.2018The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminated information in connection with the explosion at the plant in Baku
- 06.02.2018Explosion occurred in Radio engineering plant in Baku, no one injured - UPDATED
- 02.02.2018Boiler room explosion rocks Turkish capital, no casualties: governor
- 26.01.2018South Korea hospital fire kills 33, injures 50
- 26.01.20184 killed in Ukranian helicopter crash
- 23.01.2018A prominent Azerbaijani journalist dies
- 12.01.2018MES "The search of the missing climbers is carried out on a high mountain range with a complex terrain"
- 07.01.2018Dozens Injured in 5.1 Quake in Western Iran
- 06.01.2018Names of injured in bus crash in Baku revealed
- 06.01.2018Magnitude 5.1 quake hits western Iran
- 05.01.2018Foreign experts visit area of search of missing climbers
- 23.09.2016One of aggrieved persons in case of Akif Chovdarov dies in jail
- 25.09.2016At least 13 people dead in Stampede in Congo
- 27.09.2016Fire at SOCAR’s Gunashli platform extinguished
- 21.09.2016Another Azerbaijani businessman kidnapped in Ukraine
- 20.09.2016Magnitude 6.0 quake hits off east coast of Japan
- 20.09.2016List of ammunition handed over by Nardaran residents this year made public