Cargo plane of "Silk Way" Airlines crashes in Afghanistan killing 7 - UPDATED
Baku-APA. A Silk Way Airlines cargo plane carrying nine people has crashed after taking off from Dwyer Airport in Helmand province in southern Afghanistan. There are preliminary reports that 7 of 9 people on board were killed.
The State Civil Aviation Administration of Azerbaijan noted that the accident happened at about 06:30 p.m. Baku time on Wednesday when the Antonov An-12 crashed as it took off from Dwyer Airport.
Nine people were on board the aircraft, including five citizens of Azerbaijan, three citizens of Ukraine, and a pilot from Uzbekistan.
Azerbaijan State Civil Aviation Administration established a commission to investigate the accident. The commission will arrive at the scene to investigate the causes of the incident.
Baku-APA. According to unspecified data, an accident occured in the Afghan province of Helmand with cargo aircraft AN-12 that was leased from the Silk Way Company to carry cargo inside Afghanistan, the State Administration of Civil Aviation of Azerbaijan told APA.
Around 18:30 Baku time, it has been informed that an accident was happened during the departure from the airport Dwyer. A chartered plane was ruled by an international crew, which includes a citizen of Uzbekistan (captain), three citizens of Ukraine and five citizens of Azerbaijan.
Azerbaijan State Civil Aviation Administration established a commission to investigate the accident. Currently, the process of coordination continues with the Afghan authorities on visiting the scene by representatives of Commission on May 19 and to investigate the causes of the incident.
The commission will release detailed information to the attention of the media.
Related news releases
- 20.06.2017AZAL aircraft returns to Beijing Airport
- 17.06.2017First president of AFFA Fuad Musayev passed away
- 14.06.2017Smoke detected at crippled Chernobyl power plant
- 12.06.2017Baku police detain person over false bomb threat to mall
- 12.06.2017486 human traffickers brought to justice in 12 years – department chief
- 10.06.2017Energy Minister Natig Aliyev’s body brought to Baku - UPDATED
- 07.06.2017Mother and her two sons died, grandson wounded in a fatal traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 06.06.2017Azerbaijan’s Interior Ministry prepares list of debtors banned from leaving country
- 03.06.2017Well-known lawyer dies in a motorcycle crash in Baku
- 02.06.2017Powerful mud closes Baku-Shamakhi highway, more than 500 cars remain on the road
- 30.05.2017The General Prosecutor's Office takes the investigation of the suicide attempt of the IDP under special control
- 28.05.2017Gregg Allman, of Allman Brothers Band Fame, Dead at 69
- 27.05.2017Conflict between school children in Azerbaijan ended with the death
- 13.05.2017Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 11.05.2017Strong earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Saatli - UPDATED
- 06.05.2017The famous Azerbaijani scientist Rafiga Aliyeva died
- 28.04.2017Trial held in case of Azerbaijani MNS ex-official charged with extortion
- 27.04.2017Turkish forces rescue Russian soldiers in Black Sea
- 25.04.2017SCC: Reports about mass brawl and beating of a customs official are untrue
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan sends one prosecutor into retirement, replaces two others
- 13.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues
- 05.04.2017Two dead, one injured in train-car collision in Azerbaijan
- 29.03.2017The MES spread information about fires in Baku and Shabran
- 29.03.2017Father killed his 7 year-old son with a hammer in Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 25.03.2017Russia puts Armenian, born in Baku, on Interpol wanted list
- 18.03.201710 trucks carrying goods belonging to Azerbaijani companies hijacked in Ukraine
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijan deported over 1,500 foreigners in February
- 07.03.2017Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-employee pleads not guilty - UPDATED
- 03.03.2017About 900 Azerbaijanis joined terrorist groups in Syria, Iraq
- 28.02.2017General Prosecutor's Office warns “Azerbaycan 24” news portal’s editor-in-chief
- 25.02.2017Date of hearing on appeals of those accused of reporter Rasim Aliyev’s death revealed
- 22.02.2017Prosecutor General's Office: "A criminal case was launched against members of the European Parliament"
- 22.02.2017Witnesses testify in Akif Chovdarov’s trial
- 22.02.2017Experts assess value of property Vidadi Zeynalov wants to put up for sale
- 09.02.2017Azerbaijan prevents drug smuggling from Iran
- 07.02.2017Blogger Alexander Lapshin extradited from Belarus to Azerbaijan - VIDEO - PHOTO
- 07.02.2017Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Jalilabad region
- 27.01.2017Azerbaijani Interior Ministry holds board meeting
- 23.01.2017ICRC visits Armenian scout imprisoned in Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2017Interior Ministry has filed a petition to the General Prosecutor's Office against Mehman Huseynov
- 19.05.2016Two Ukrainian citizens survive Afghanistan crash of Azerbaijan's Silk Way freight plane
- 19.05.2016Cases of those convicted over Binagadi fire submitted to court
- 20.05.2016Religious extremism more conspicuous in today’s terrorist acts – Azerbaijani SSS chief
- 17.05.2016Azerbaijanis seriously wounded in armed assault by Armenians in Ukraine identified
- 16.05.2016Armenians wound six Azerbaijanis in armed assault in Ukraine
- 14.05.2016Gazakh resident hits mine