Cargo plane of "Silk Way" Airlines crashes in Afghanistan killing 7 - UPDATED
Baku-APA. A Silk Way Airlines cargo plane carrying nine people has crashed after taking off from Dwyer Airport in Helmand province in southern Afghanistan. There are preliminary reports that 7 of 9 people on board were killed.
The State Civil Aviation Administration of Azerbaijan noted that the accident happened at about 06:30 p.m. Baku time on Wednesday when the Antonov An-12 crashed as it took off from Dwyer Airport.
Nine people were on board the aircraft, including five citizens of Azerbaijan, three citizens of Ukraine, and a pilot from Uzbekistan.
Azerbaijan State Civil Aviation Administration established a commission to investigate the accident. The commission will arrive at the scene to investigate the causes of the incident.
Baku-APA. According to unspecified data, an accident occured in the Afghan province of Helmand with cargo aircraft AN-12 that was leased from the Silk Way Company to carry cargo inside Afghanistan, the State Administration of Civil Aviation of Azerbaijan told APA.
Around 18:30 Baku time, it has been informed that an accident was happened during the departure from the airport Dwyer. A chartered plane was ruled by an international crew, which includes a citizen of Uzbekistan (captain), three citizens of Ukraine and five citizens of Azerbaijan.
Azerbaijan State Civil Aviation Administration established a commission to investigate the accident. Currently, the process of coordination continues with the Afghan authorities on visiting the scene by representatives of Commission on May 19 and to investigate the causes of the incident.
The commission will release detailed information to the attention of the media.
Related news releases
- 09.12.20174 killed, 4 injured in a traffic accident in Sheki
- 05.12.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 4 in Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Brazil striker given prison sentence
- 20.11.2017Akif Chovdarov files appeal against verdict
- 19.11.20175.9-magnitude quake hits 73 km NNE of Tobelo, Indonesia
- 16.11.20173.5-magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Iran earthquake death toll reached 530 people
- 03.11.2017Eldar Mahmudov's assistant arrested
- 02.11.2017The school director accused of sexual assault against schoolgirl in Khacmaz region arresred
- 02.11.2017Escaped convict and one more person killed in special operation in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Municipal candidate of Azerbaijani origin shot in Georgia
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijan neutralized 99 criminal groups of 228 persons this year
- 14.10.2017Baku police detain members of gang committing robbery against foreigners
- 06.10.2017Prison term for Gozal Bayramli extended
- 03.10.2017Court rejects Rauf Mirgadirov’s appeal
- 01.10.2017Magnitude 5.3 earthquake hits Russia's Kamchatka peninsula
- 29.09.2017Lotfi Zadeh’s body brought to Baku
- 27.09.2017Quake hits Azerbaijan’s Shamakhi
- 27.09.2017Seven people killed in car crash in Azerbaijan identified - UPDATED
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan sends helicopter to Georgia to tackle forest fires
- 22.09.2017OPEC and non-OPEC countries to discuss oil export monitoring mechanism
- 19.09.20174 women killed, 3 others injured in severe traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani minister's son died
- 14.09.2017Alexander Lapshin left Azerbaijan
- 08.09.201726 of 39 poisoned people at the wedding in Tovuz, discharged home - UPDATED - 3
- 07.09.2017Court to consider Mehman Aliyev’s appeal on Sept.8
- 03.09.2017183 UXOs detected in Azerbaijan’s Khizi region
- 02.09.2017Ministry: The strong wind expands the fire area in Gabala
- 31.08.2017Forest fire in Oguz region spread to the territory of the Shahdag National Park
- 31.08.2017Court refuses to commute Afgan Mukhtarli’s detention to house arrest
- 30.08.2017Akif Chovdarov’s lawyer asks court for one month to prepare speech
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijan State Security Service prevents smuggling of 44kg drugs
- 30.08.2017119 UXOs and 227 EBOs detected in Khizi region of Azerbaijan
- 29.08.2017Helicopter involved in extinguishing forest fires in Azerbaijan
- 28.08.2017Criminal case against Natig Jafarli terminated
- 26.08.2017The first staff of the rescue and fire-fighting team of the MES returned to country from Georgia
- 26.08.2017Azerbaijan’s helicopter involved in tackling fires in Georgia today as well
- 23.08.2017Azerbaijan's firefighters continue to battle Georgia wildfires, set up field tents
- 22.08.2017Azerbaijani ministry’s rescue team involved in extinguishing forest fires in Georgia
- 21.08.2017Azerbaijan sends helicopter to help Georgia tackle forest fires
- 19.05.2016Two Ukrainian citizens survive Afghanistan crash of Azerbaijan's Silk Way freight plane
- 19.05.2016Cases of those convicted over Binagadi fire submitted to court
- 20.05.2016Religious extremism more conspicuous in today’s terrorist acts – Azerbaijani SSS chief
- 17.05.2016Azerbaijanis seriously wounded in armed assault by Armenians in Ukraine identified
- 16.05.2016Armenians wound six Azerbaijanis in armed assault in Ukraine
- 14.05.2016Gazakh resident hits mine