Bodies of three people killed in Azerbaijani plane crash in Afghanistan handed over to their families
He noted that the families of the victims have recognized their dead bodies.
The bodies of the other four (an Uzbek, a Ukrainian, and two Azerbaijanis) are together, Hasanov said, mentioning that the families of the Ukrainian citizens have not looked at their bodies but those of the others have. Nevertheless, it has not been possible to identify the bodies up to now.
“Blood samples were taken from the victims’ family members and genetic examination has been ongoing since. The bodies were all unidentifiable. The families have recognized the three of the bodies only for certain signs on them,” he added.
The aircraft of Azerbaijan’s Silk Way crashed while taking off at Afghanistan's Dwyer airport May 18, at 14:30 (UTC/GMT +4 hours).
The AN-12 was leased from Azerbaijan's Silk Way for cargo transportations in Afghanistan. The aircraft landed in the Dwyer airport after leaving Afghanistan's Bagram airfield and was flying to Mary, Turkmenistan, for refueling. There was no cargo on board.
There were nine crew members on board:
1. Rashid Shaydanov (Uzbek citizen), pilot
2. Altay Abdullayev (Azerbaijani citizen), co-pilot
3. Nazim Asadullayev (Azerbaijani citizen), navigator
4. Nadir Rzayev (Azerbaijani citizen), flight mechanic
5. Firdovsi Shahverdiyev (Azerbaijani citizen), radio operator
6. Azer Zulfiyev (Azerbaijani citizen), flight operator
7. Ruslan Zadnipryanets (Ukrainian citizen), technician
8. Andrey Ganzha (Ukrainian citizen), technician
9. Ramzi Aliyev (Ukrainian citizen), technician
According to the available information, Andrey Ganzha and Ramzi Aliyev survived the crash and their health condition is stable.
Azerbaijan's State Civil Aviation Administration established a commission to investigate the incident.
Related news releases
- 17.05.2018Group head: "Missing mountaineers have fallen under a powerful avalanche"
- 17.05.2018Bodies of the missing mountaineers were taken to morgue
- 16.05.2018President Aliyev: Great work done to ensure Nakhchivan’s security
- 29.04.2018The fire in a multi-storey building in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 28.04.2018Il-38 plane of Indian Air Force makes emergency landing at Moscow region's airport
- 20.04.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Fire in a multi-storied residential building under construction in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 07.04.2018Helicopter rescues fisherman stuck among crocodiles
- 01.04.20186 killed and 2 injured in head-on collision between passenger car and truck in Azerbaijan
- 28.03.2018Gunman shooting Calgary police officer
- 24.03.2018Fire breaks out in forest in Azerbaijan’s Lerik and Shabran distrcts
- 07.03.2018Earthquake kills at least 18 in Papua New Guinea
- 02.03.2018One dies, three injured as strong fire occurs in the Republican Narcological Dispensary - UPDATED - 4
- 17.02.2018SOCAR's petrol tanker burst into flames in Georgia
- 09.02.2018Small asteroid will pass very close to Earth on Friday
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan's People's Artist Zarnigar Agakishiyeva dies
- 07.02.2018Fire broke out in Baku, 30 people were evacuated
- 07.02.2018Elon Musk's Falcon Heavy rocket launches successfully
- 06.02.2018The Ministry of Defense Industry releases information on the fire occured in the plant
- 06.02.2018The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminated information in connection with the explosion at the plant in Baku
- 06.02.2018Explosion occurred in Radio engineering plant in Baku, no one injured - UPDATED
- 02.02.2018Boiler room explosion rocks Turkish capital, no casualties: governor
- 26.01.2018South Korea hospital fire kills 33, injures 50
- 26.01.20184 killed in Ukranian helicopter crash
- 23.01.2018A prominent Azerbaijani journalist dies
- 12.01.2018MES "The search of the missing climbers is carried out on a high mountain range with a complex terrain"
- 07.01.2018Dozens Injured in 5.1 Quake in Western Iran
- 06.01.2018Names of injured in bus crash in Baku revealed
- 06.01.2018Magnitude 5.1 quake hits western Iran
- 05.01.2018Foreign experts visit area of search of missing climbers
- 05.01.2018Kamchatka volcano spits up ash 5-7 kilometers high
- 04.01.2018Search for the missing mountaineers continued today - PHOTO - VIDEO
- 31.12.2017The People's Artist of Azerbaijan Chingiz Sadykhov dies
- 29.12.2017MES: "The search of climbers is conducted in all possible directions"
- 27.12.2017Ministry of Emergency Situations appeals to social network users and media
- 09.12.20174 killed, 4 injured in a traffic accident in Sheki
- 05.12.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 4 in Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Brazil striker given prison sentence
- 20.11.2017Akif Chovdarov files appeal against verdict
- 19.11.20175.9-magnitude quake hits 73 km NNE of Tobelo, Indonesia
- 25.05.2016Journalist Khadija Ismayilova conditionally released
- 26.05.2016Azerbaijani man detained on suspicion of murdering his wife in Russia
- 27.05.2016Woman, 47, dies of rabies in Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2016Bodies of three crew members of crashed AN12 plane to be given to relatives
- 20.05.2016Religious extremism more conspicuous in today’s terrorist acts – Azerbaijani SSS chief
- 19.05.2016Cases of those convicted over Binagadi fire submitted to court