Bodies of three people killed in Azerbaijani plane crash in Afghanistan handed over to their families
He noted that the families of the victims have recognized their dead bodies.
The bodies of the other four (an Uzbek, a Ukrainian, and two Azerbaijanis) are together, Hasanov said, mentioning that the families of the Ukrainian citizens have not looked at their bodies but those of the others have. Nevertheless, it has not been possible to identify the bodies up to now.
“Blood samples were taken from the victims’ family members and genetic examination has been ongoing since. The bodies were all unidentifiable. The families have recognized the three of the bodies only for certain signs on them,” he added.
The aircraft of Azerbaijan’s Silk Way crashed while taking off at Afghanistan's Dwyer airport May 18, at 14:30 (UTC/GMT +4 hours).
The AN-12 was leased from Azerbaijan's Silk Way for cargo transportations in Afghanistan. The aircraft landed in the Dwyer airport after leaving Afghanistan's Bagram airfield and was flying to Mary, Turkmenistan, for refueling. There was no cargo on board.
There were nine crew members on board:
1. Rashid Shaydanov (Uzbek citizen), pilot
2. Altay Abdullayev (Azerbaijani citizen), co-pilot
3. Nazim Asadullayev (Azerbaijani citizen), navigator
4. Nadir Rzayev (Azerbaijani citizen), flight mechanic
5. Firdovsi Shahverdiyev (Azerbaijani citizen), radio operator
6. Azer Zulfiyev (Azerbaijani citizen), flight operator
7. Ruslan Zadnipryanets (Ukrainian citizen), technician
8. Andrey Ganzha (Ukrainian citizen), technician
9. Ramzi Aliyev (Ukrainian citizen), technician
According to the available information, Andrey Ganzha and Ramzi Aliyev survived the crash and their health condition is stable.
Azerbaijan's State Civil Aviation Administration established a commission to investigate the incident.
Related news releases
- 29.06.2017Baku police issue arrest warrants for ex-diplomat and ex-spokesman of liquidated SSAC
- 28.06.2017Five SOCAR employees injured in the Caspian Sea
- 27.06.2017Petya ransomware virus is back amid cyber attack
- 20.06.2017AZAL aircraft returns to Beijing Airport
- 17.06.2017First president of AFFA Fuad Musayev passed away
- 14.06.2017Smoke detected at crippled Chernobyl power plant
- 12.06.2017Baku police detain person over false bomb threat to mall
- 12.06.2017486 human traffickers brought to justice in 12 years – department chief
- 10.06.2017Energy Minister Natig Aliyev’s body brought to Baku - UPDATED
- 07.06.2017Mother and her two sons died, grandson wounded in a fatal traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 06.06.2017Azerbaijan’s Interior Ministry prepares list of debtors banned from leaving country
- 03.06.2017Well-known lawyer dies in a motorcycle crash in Baku
- 02.06.2017Powerful mud closes Baku-Shamakhi highway, more than 500 cars remain on the road
- 30.05.2017The General Prosecutor's Office takes the investigation of the suicide attempt of the IDP under special control
- 28.05.2017Gregg Allman, of Allman Brothers Band Fame, Dead at 69
- 27.05.2017Conflict between school children in Azerbaijan ended with the death
- 13.05.2017Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 11.05.2017Strong earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Saatli - UPDATED
- 06.05.2017The famous Azerbaijani scientist Rafiga Aliyeva died
- 28.04.2017Trial held in case of Azerbaijani MNS ex-official charged with extortion
- 27.04.2017Turkish forces rescue Russian soldiers in Black Sea
- 25.04.2017SCC: Reports about mass brawl and beating of a customs official are untrue
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan sends one prosecutor into retirement, replaces two others
- 13.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues
- 05.04.2017Two dead, one injured in train-car collision in Azerbaijan
- 29.03.2017The MES spread information about fires in Baku and Shabran
- 29.03.2017Father killed his 7 year-old son with a hammer in Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 25.03.2017Russia puts Armenian, born in Baku, on Interpol wanted list
- 18.03.201710 trucks carrying goods belonging to Azerbaijani companies hijacked in Ukraine
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijan deported over 1,500 foreigners in February
- 07.03.2017Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-employee pleads not guilty - UPDATED
- 03.03.2017About 900 Azerbaijanis joined terrorist groups in Syria, Iraq
- 28.02.2017General Prosecutor's Office warns “Azerbaycan 24” news portal’s editor-in-chief
- 25.02.2017Date of hearing on appeals of those accused of reporter Rasim Aliyev’s death revealed
- 22.02.2017Prosecutor General's Office: "A criminal case was launched against members of the European Parliament"
- 22.02.2017Witnesses testify in Akif Chovdarov’s trial
- 22.02.2017Experts assess value of property Vidadi Zeynalov wants to put up for sale
- 09.02.2017Azerbaijan prevents drug smuggling from Iran
- 07.02.2017Blogger Alexander Lapshin extradited from Belarus to Azerbaijan - VIDEO - PHOTO
- 07.02.2017Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Jalilabad region
- 25.05.2016Journalist Khadija Ismayilova conditionally released
- 26.05.2016Azerbaijani man detained on suspicion of murdering his wife in Russia
- 27.05.2016Woman, 47, dies of rabies in Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2016Bodies of three crew members of crashed AN12 plane to be given to relatives
- 20.05.2016Religious extremism more conspicuous in today’s terrorist acts – Azerbaijani SSS chief
- 19.05.2016Cases of those convicted over Binagadi fire submitted to court