Bodies of three more victims of Azerbaijani plane crash in Afghanistan identified
Baku. Farid Mirzayev – APA. The bodies of three more people killed after an An-12 cargo plane owned by Azerbaijan’s Silk Way crashed in Afghanistan were identified.
Thus the seven crew members killed in the crash were identified.
The bodies of Uzbek citizen Shaydanov Rashid Rahmanovich, Azerbaijani citizens Abdullayev Altay and Asadullayev Nazim will be handed over to their families.
Azerbaijani Health Ministry's Forensic Medical Examination and Pathological Anatomy Union has started the genetic examination of the bodies of the seven crew members. One Ukrainian and 3 Azerbaijani crew members have been identified and handed over to their families.
The aircraft of Azerbaijan’s Silk Way crashed while taking off at Afghanistan's Dwyer airport May 18, at 14:30 (UTC/GMT +4 hours).
There were nine crew members on board:
1. Rashid Shaydanov (Uzbek citizen), pilot
2. Altay Abdullayev (Azerbaijani citizen), co-pilot
3. Nazim Asadullayev (Azerbaijani citizen), navigator
4. Nadir Rzayev (Azerbaijani citizen), flight mechanic
5. Firdovsi Shahverdiyev (Azerbaijani citizen), radio operator
6. Azer Zulfiyev (Azerbaijani citizen), flight operator
7. Ruslan Zadnipryanets (Ukrainian citizen), technician
8. Andrey Ganzha (Ukrainian citizen), technician
9. Ramzi Aliyev (Ukrainian citizen), technician
Andrey Ganzha and Ramzi Aliyev survived the crash.
Azerbaijan's State Civil Aviation Administration established a commission to investigate the incident.
Related news releases
- 29.06.2017Baku police issue arrest warrants for ex-diplomat and ex-spokesman of liquidated SSAC
- 28.06.2017Five SOCAR employees injured in the Caspian Sea
- 27.06.2017Petya ransomware virus is back amid cyber attack
- 20.06.2017AZAL aircraft returns to Beijing Airport
- 17.06.2017First president of AFFA Fuad Musayev passed away
- 14.06.2017Smoke detected at crippled Chernobyl power plant
- 12.06.2017Baku police detain person over false bomb threat to mall
- 12.06.2017486 human traffickers brought to justice in 12 years – department chief
- 10.06.2017Energy Minister Natig Aliyev’s body brought to Baku - UPDATED
- 07.06.2017Mother and her two sons died, grandson wounded in a fatal traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 06.06.2017Azerbaijan’s Interior Ministry prepares list of debtors banned from leaving country
- 03.06.2017Well-known lawyer dies in a motorcycle crash in Baku
- 02.06.2017Powerful mud closes Baku-Shamakhi highway, more than 500 cars remain on the road
- 30.05.2017The General Prosecutor's Office takes the investigation of the suicide attempt of the IDP under special control
- 28.05.2017Gregg Allman, of Allman Brothers Band Fame, Dead at 69
- 27.05.2017Conflict between school children in Azerbaijan ended with the death
- 13.05.2017Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 11.05.2017Strong earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Saatli - UPDATED
- 06.05.2017The famous Azerbaijani scientist Rafiga Aliyeva died
- 28.04.2017Trial held in case of Azerbaijani MNS ex-official charged with extortion
- 27.04.2017Turkish forces rescue Russian soldiers in Black Sea
- 25.04.2017SCC: Reports about mass brawl and beating of a customs official are untrue
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan sends one prosecutor into retirement, replaces two others
- 13.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues
- 05.04.2017Two dead, one injured in train-car collision in Azerbaijan
- 29.03.2017The MES spread information about fires in Baku and Shabran
- 29.03.2017Father killed his 7 year-old son with a hammer in Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 25.03.2017Russia puts Armenian, born in Baku, on Interpol wanted list
- 18.03.201710 trucks carrying goods belonging to Azerbaijani companies hijacked in Ukraine
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijan deported over 1,500 foreigners in February
- 07.03.2017Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-employee pleads not guilty - UPDATED
- 03.03.2017About 900 Azerbaijanis joined terrorist groups in Syria, Iraq
- 28.02.2017General Prosecutor's Office warns “Azerbaycan 24” news portal’s editor-in-chief
- 25.02.2017Date of hearing on appeals of those accused of reporter Rasim Aliyev’s death revealed
- 22.02.2017Prosecutor General's Office: "A criminal case was launched against members of the European Parliament"
- 22.02.2017Witnesses testify in Akif Chovdarov’s trial
- 22.02.2017Experts assess value of property Vidadi Zeynalov wants to put up for sale
- 09.02.2017Azerbaijan prevents drug smuggling from Iran
- 07.02.2017Blogger Alexander Lapshin extradited from Belarus to Azerbaijan - VIDEO - PHOTO
- 07.02.2017Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Jalilabad region
- 04.06.2016Strong wind brings down utility poles, damages houses’ roofs
- 06.06.2016Inmate dies in Azerbaijan jail
- 08.06.201618 persons with credit debts attempted to commit suicide after second devaluation in Azerbaijan
- 02.06.2016Two men killed, falling into a well in Absheron
- 01.06.2016Two persons arrested over case of Azerbaijani Int’l Bank released
- 31.05.2016Investigation into Taleh Baghirov’s case completed