Bodies of three crew members of crashed AN12 plane to be given to relatives
Baku-APA. The Bodies of three crew members of crashed AN12 plane to be given to relatives. They are: Rzayev Nadir, Shahverdiyev Firdovisi and Zulfiyev Azer, the State Civil Aviation Administration told APA.
The aircraft of Azerbaijan’s Silk Way crashed while taking off at Afghanistan's Dwyer airport May 18, at 14:30 (UTC/GMT +4 hours).
The plane was leased from Azerbaijan's Silk Way to carry out cargo transportation within Afghanistan. The plane that flew to Dwyer from Bagram (Afghanistan) was directed to Mary (Turkmenistan) to refuel, according to the statement. There was no cargo on board, said the statement.
There were 9 crew members consisting of 5 Azerbaijani, 1 Uzbek and 3 Ukrainian citizens on board.
The technicians Qanja Andrey and Aliyev Ramiz survived. They are in stable condition.
Moreover, black boxes of An-12 aircraft have been brought to Baku and they are in a stable condition. Experts of the State Civil Aviation Administration of Azerbaijan will read the data.
The State Civil Aviation Administration’s commission is investigating the accident.
Related news releases
- 27.06.2017Petya ransomware virus is back amid cyber attack
- 20.06.2017AZAL aircraft returns to Beijing Airport
- 17.06.2017First president of AFFA Fuad Musayev passed away
- 14.06.2017Smoke detected at crippled Chernobyl power plant
- 12.06.2017Baku police detain person over false bomb threat to mall
- 12.06.2017486 human traffickers brought to justice in 12 years – department chief
- 10.06.2017Energy Minister Natig Aliyev’s body brought to Baku - UPDATED
- 07.06.2017Mother and her two sons died, grandson wounded in a fatal traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 06.06.2017Azerbaijan’s Interior Ministry prepares list of debtors banned from leaving country
- 03.06.2017Well-known lawyer dies in a motorcycle crash in Baku
- 02.06.2017Powerful mud closes Baku-Shamakhi highway, more than 500 cars remain on the road
- 30.05.2017The General Prosecutor's Office takes the investigation of the suicide attempt of the IDP under special control
- 28.05.2017Gregg Allman, of Allman Brothers Band Fame, Dead at 69
- 27.05.2017Conflict between school children in Azerbaijan ended with the death
- 13.05.2017Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 11.05.2017Strong earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Saatli - UPDATED
- 06.05.2017The famous Azerbaijani scientist Rafiga Aliyeva died
- 28.04.2017Trial held in case of Azerbaijani MNS ex-official charged with extortion
- 27.04.2017Turkish forces rescue Russian soldiers in Black Sea
- 25.04.2017SCC: Reports about mass brawl and beating of a customs official are untrue
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan sends one prosecutor into retirement, replaces two others
- 13.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues
- 05.04.2017Two dead, one injured in train-car collision in Azerbaijan
- 29.03.2017The MES spread information about fires in Baku and Shabran
- 29.03.2017Father killed his 7 year-old son with a hammer in Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 25.03.2017Russia puts Armenian, born in Baku, on Interpol wanted list
- 18.03.201710 trucks carrying goods belonging to Azerbaijani companies hijacked in Ukraine
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijan deported over 1,500 foreigners in February
- 07.03.2017Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-employee pleads not guilty - UPDATED
- 03.03.2017About 900 Azerbaijanis joined terrorist groups in Syria, Iraq
- 28.02.2017General Prosecutor's Office warns “Azerbaycan 24” news portal’s editor-in-chief
- 25.02.2017Date of hearing on appeals of those accused of reporter Rasim Aliyev’s death revealed
- 22.02.2017Prosecutor General's Office: "A criminal case was launched against members of the European Parliament"
- 22.02.2017Witnesses testify in Akif Chovdarov’s trial
- 22.02.2017Experts assess value of property Vidadi Zeynalov wants to put up for sale
- 09.02.2017Azerbaijan prevents drug smuggling from Iran
- 07.02.2017Blogger Alexander Lapshin extradited from Belarus to Azerbaijan - VIDEO - PHOTO
- 07.02.2017Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Jalilabad region
- 27.01.2017Azerbaijani Interior Ministry holds board meeting
- 23.01.2017ICRC visits Armenian scout imprisoned in Azerbaijan
- 23.05.2016Bodies of three people killed in Azerbaijani plane crash in Afghanistan handed over to their families
- 25.05.2016Journalist Khadija Ismayilova conditionally released
- 26.05.2016Azerbaijani man detained on suspicion of murdering his wife in Russia
- 20.05.2016Religious extremism more conspicuous in today’s terrorist acts – Azerbaijani SSS chief
- 19.05.2016Cases of those convicted over Binagadi fire submitted to court
- 19.05.2016Two Ukrainian citizens survive Afghanistan crash of Azerbaijan's Silk Way freight plane