Baku court continues trial of Taleh Baghirov and others
Baku. Shahriyar Alizada – APA. Baku Court on Grave Crimes proceeded a hearing on Wednesday on the criminal case of Taleh Baghirov, Fuad Gahramanli and others.
APA reports that accused persons asked the court to call witness Shahlar Jafarov to testify at the hearing presided over by judge Alovsat Abbasov. They said that the witness didn’t complete his testimony at the latest hearing. The judge said that Shahlar Jafarov will be recalled to the hearing in the afternoon.
Later, an employee of the Main Directorate for Combating Organize Crime Uzeyir Salahov testified at the hearing. He said that they conducted an operation in Naradaran upon the information received by the department. According to the witness, during the operation they were shot at from the house.
During the shooting, he neutralized Farayil Bunyatov. “He run out bullets. When I disarmed him I saw he was injured. We gave him first aid and sent him to hospital.
Operating officer Salahov questioned as an aggrieved person, said in his testimony at the preliminary interrogation that the Main Directorate received information that previously convicted Baghirov Taleh, the head of the Muslim Unity Movement who lived in Nardaran, in order to seize power and change the constitutional order by force, violate socio-political stability, commit provocations, mass unrest and terror acts in the country, in concert with other persons, created an illegal armed gang operating under the guise of religion and for this purpose, obtained and kept firearms, ammunition, explosives. After that, an operation group was created which held an operation in that house. Though the persons in the house and the yard were several times warned not to shoot at the police officers when they entered the yard, the persons threw a hand grenade at the police officers. They, at the same time, fired at the group members using weapons and pistols. At that time, Vugar Nasibov and Ismayil Taghiyev were wounded by grenade splinters and fire. When he entered the yard, he saw that in the houses on the right side and the left side, there are persons with grenades, knives, daggers, nunchucks, and firearms in their hands. During the operation, he disarmed the person who several times shot at the police and took his gun. When determining the identity of that person, he was known to be Farayil Bunyatov. The examination revealed that during armed resistance, Bunyatov had thorax and abdominal injuries. He didn’t receive any injury during operations in Nardaran settlement on November 26, 2015.
Answering questions of the prosecutor, the witness said that he saw the barricade in the yard of Taleh Baghirov’s house and opened fire at those hiding there.
Salahov said he also fired at the place where shooting took place.
They said they didn’t go there to kill someone.
Then the witness said that he suffered moral damage.
The accused persons claimed that Bunyatov was beaten to death by police officers in the car.
The employee of Main Directorate for Combating Organize Crime, Shahlar Jafarov also answered the questions at the hearing.
Accused persons Zakir Mustafayev and Agil Ismayilov said they were tortured by Shahlar Jafarov. Jabbar Jabbarov said that Jafarov insulted them. The witness refused these claims.
Lawyer Yalchin Imanov asked the witness about the reason of his aggression, but he couldn’t explain it.
The accused persons threw their shoes at the witness, after he was questioned. Court supervisors prevented them.
The judge demanded to draw up an act.
The hearing will be proceeded on September 8.
Related news releases
- 14.08.2017Large amount of money and jewelry stolen in house in Baku
- 10.08.2017The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminates information on the fire in Binagadi district
- 06.08.2017Fire occurs at the dormitory in Sumgayit, 15 residents rescued, 20 were evacuated
- 03.08.20172 killed, 1 injured in a fatal traffic accident in Baku
- 26.07.2017Reasons of suicide committed in Shamkir known - UPDATED
- 25.07.2017Turkish plane is rerouted to Algiers after false bomb alert
- 21.07.2017Magnitude 6.7 quake hits Turkey’s west coast, up to 70 people injured
- 18.07.2017Incident occurred among fans of Samtredia FC and Garabagh FC in Tbilisi
- 05.07.2017452 kg drugs burned in Azerbaijan
- 05.07.2017Azerbaijan initiates criminal case over Armenian provocative acts
- 03.07.2017Alexander Lapshin’s mother to testify in court - UPDATED
- 29.06.2017Baku police issue arrest warrants for ex-diplomat and ex-spokesman of liquidated SSAC
- 28.06.2017Five SOCAR employees injured in the Caspian Sea
- 27.06.2017Petya ransomware virus is back amid cyber attack
- 20.06.2017AZAL aircraft returns to Beijing Airport
- 17.06.2017First president of AFFA Fuad Musayev passed away
- 14.06.2017Smoke detected at crippled Chernobyl power plant
- 12.06.2017Baku police detain person over false bomb threat to mall
- 12.06.2017486 human traffickers brought to justice in 12 years – department chief
- 10.06.2017Energy Minister Natig Aliyev’s body brought to Baku - UPDATED
- 07.06.2017Mother and her two sons died, grandson wounded in a fatal traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 06.06.2017Azerbaijan’s Interior Ministry prepares list of debtors banned from leaving country
- 03.06.2017Well-known lawyer dies in a motorcycle crash in Baku
- 02.06.2017Powerful mud closes Baku-Shamakhi highway, more than 500 cars remain on the road
- 30.05.2017The General Prosecutor's Office takes the investigation of the suicide attempt of the IDP under special control
- 28.05.2017Gregg Allman, of Allman Brothers Band Fame, Dead at 69
- 27.05.2017Conflict between school children in Azerbaijan ended with the death
- 13.05.2017Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 11.05.2017Strong earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Saatli - UPDATED
- 06.05.2017The famous Azerbaijani scientist Rafiga Aliyeva died
- 28.04.2017Trial held in case of Azerbaijani MNS ex-official charged with extortion
- 27.04.2017Turkish forces rescue Russian soldiers in Black Sea
- 25.04.2017SCC: Reports about mass brawl and beating of a customs official are untrue
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan sends one prosecutor into retirement, replaces two others
- 13.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues
- 05.04.2017Two dead, one injured in train-car collision in Azerbaijan
- 29.03.2017The MES spread information about fires in Baku and Shabran
- 29.03.2017Father killed his 7 year-old son with a hammer in Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 25.03.2017Russia puts Armenian, born in Baku, on Interpol wanted list
- 18.03.201710 trucks carrying goods belonging to Azerbaijani companies hijacked in Ukraine
- 08.09.2016Russian presidential aide Vladislav Surkov's car crashed
- 09.09.2016ICRC visits Armenian scout imprisoned in Azerbaijan
- 10.09.2016Natig Jafarli put on recognizance not to leave
- 06.09.2016Baku Military Court chairman to review case of national security ministry’s ex-employees
- 06.09.2016NIDA member's prison term extended
- 23.08.2016Mass poisoning in wedding party in Azerbaijan, more than 30 people get poisoned