Baku court continues trial of Taleh Baghirov and others
Baku. Shahriyar Alizada – APA. Baku Court on Grave Crimes proceeded a hearing on Wednesday on the criminal case of Taleh Baghirov, Fuad Gahramanli and others.
APA reports that accused persons asked the court to call witness Shahlar Jafarov to testify at the hearing presided over by judge Alovsat Abbasov. They said that the witness didn’t complete his testimony at the latest hearing. The judge said that Shahlar Jafarov will be recalled to the hearing in the afternoon.
Later, an employee of the Main Directorate for Combating Organize Crime Uzeyir Salahov testified at the hearing. He said that they conducted an operation in Naradaran upon the information received by the department. According to the witness, during the operation they were shot at from the house.
During the shooting, he neutralized Farayil Bunyatov. “He run out bullets. When I disarmed him I saw he was injured. We gave him first aid and sent him to hospital.
Operating officer Salahov questioned as an aggrieved person, said in his testimony at the preliminary interrogation that the Main Directorate received information that previously convicted Baghirov Taleh, the head of the Muslim Unity Movement who lived in Nardaran, in order to seize power and change the constitutional order by force, violate socio-political stability, commit provocations, mass unrest and terror acts in the country, in concert with other persons, created an illegal armed gang operating under the guise of religion and for this purpose, obtained and kept firearms, ammunition, explosives. After that, an operation group was created which held an operation in that house. Though the persons in the house and the yard were several times warned not to shoot at the police officers when they entered the yard, the persons threw a hand grenade at the police officers. They, at the same time, fired at the group members using weapons and pistols. At that time, Vugar Nasibov and Ismayil Taghiyev were wounded by grenade splinters and fire. When he entered the yard, he saw that in the houses on the right side and the left side, there are persons with grenades, knives, daggers, nunchucks, and firearms in their hands. During the operation, he disarmed the person who several times shot at the police and took his gun. When determining the identity of that person, he was known to be Farayil Bunyatov. The examination revealed that during armed resistance, Bunyatov had thorax and abdominal injuries. He didn’t receive any injury during operations in Nardaran settlement on November 26, 2015.
Answering questions of the prosecutor, the witness said that he saw the barricade in the yard of Taleh Baghirov’s house and opened fire at those hiding there.
Salahov said he also fired at the place where shooting took place.
They said they didn’t go there to kill someone.
Then the witness said that he suffered moral damage.
The accused persons claimed that Bunyatov was beaten to death by police officers in the car.
The employee of Main Directorate for Combating Organize Crime, Shahlar Jafarov also answered the questions at the hearing.
Accused persons Zakir Mustafayev and Agil Ismayilov said they were tortured by Shahlar Jafarov. Jabbar Jabbarov said that Jafarov insulted them. The witness refused these claims.
Lawyer Yalchin Imanov asked the witness about the reason of his aggression, but he couldn’t explain it.
The accused persons threw their shoes at the witness, after he was questioned. Court supervisors prevented them.
The judge demanded to draw up an act.
The hearing will be proceeded on September 8.
Related news releases
- 09.12.20174 killed, 4 injured in a traffic accident in Sheki
- 05.12.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 4 in Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Brazil striker given prison sentence
- 20.11.2017Akif Chovdarov files appeal against verdict
- 19.11.20175.9-magnitude quake hits 73 km NNE of Tobelo, Indonesia
- 16.11.20173.5-magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Iran earthquake death toll reached 530 people
- 03.11.2017Eldar Mahmudov's assistant arrested
- 02.11.2017The school director accused of sexual assault against schoolgirl in Khacmaz region arresred
- 02.11.2017Escaped convict and one more person killed in special operation in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Municipal candidate of Azerbaijani origin shot in Georgia
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijan neutralized 99 criminal groups of 228 persons this year
- 14.10.2017Baku police detain members of gang committing robbery against foreigners
- 06.10.2017Prison term for Gozal Bayramli extended
- 03.10.2017Court rejects Rauf Mirgadirov’s appeal
- 01.10.2017Magnitude 5.3 earthquake hits Russia's Kamchatka peninsula
- 29.09.2017Lotfi Zadeh’s body brought to Baku
- 27.09.2017Quake hits Azerbaijan’s Shamakhi
- 27.09.2017Seven people killed in car crash in Azerbaijan identified - UPDATED
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan sends helicopter to Georgia to tackle forest fires
- 22.09.2017OPEC and non-OPEC countries to discuss oil export monitoring mechanism
- 19.09.20174 women killed, 3 others injured in severe traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani minister's son died
- 14.09.2017Alexander Lapshin left Azerbaijan
- 08.09.201726 of 39 poisoned people at the wedding in Tovuz, discharged home - UPDATED - 3
- 07.09.2017Court to consider Mehman Aliyev’s appeal on Sept.8
- 03.09.2017183 UXOs detected in Azerbaijan’s Khizi region
- 02.09.2017Ministry: The strong wind expands the fire area in Gabala
- 31.08.2017Forest fire in Oguz region spread to the territory of the Shahdag National Park
- 31.08.2017Court refuses to commute Afgan Mukhtarli’s detention to house arrest
- 30.08.2017Akif Chovdarov’s lawyer asks court for one month to prepare speech
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijan State Security Service prevents smuggling of 44kg drugs
- 30.08.2017119 UXOs and 227 EBOs detected in Khizi region of Azerbaijan
- 29.08.2017Helicopter involved in extinguishing forest fires in Azerbaijan
- 28.08.2017Criminal case against Natig Jafarli terminated
- 26.08.2017The first staff of the rescue and fire-fighting team of the MES returned to country from Georgia
- 26.08.2017Azerbaijan’s helicopter involved in tackling fires in Georgia today as well
- 23.08.2017Azerbaijan's firefighters continue to battle Georgia wildfires, set up field tents
- 22.08.2017Azerbaijani ministry’s rescue team involved in extinguishing forest fires in Georgia
- 21.08.2017Azerbaijan sends helicopter to help Georgia tackle forest fires
- 08.09.2016Russian presidential aide Vladislav Surkov's car crashed
- 09.09.2016ICRC visits Armenian scout imprisoned in Azerbaijan
- 10.09.2016Natig Jafarli put on recognizance not to leave
- 06.09.2016Baku Military Court chairman to review case of national security ministry’s ex-employees
- 06.09.2016NIDA member's prison term extended
- 23.08.2016Mass poisoning in wedding party in Azerbaijan, more than 30 people get poisoned