Baku court continues trial in ‘Nardaran case’
Baku. Shahriyar Alizada – APA. The Baku Court of Grave Crimes on Friday resumed the trial of Taleh Baghirov, Fuad Gahramanli and others, who are accused of the events of Nardaran.
At the hearing presided over by judge Alovsat Abbasov, Taleh Baghirov said that he has been kept in a cell for five days.
Later, employee of Sabunchu District Police Department Nasib Asadullayev gave testimony. He said that on November 5 last year, a group of persons gathered in front of Sabunchu District Police Department demanding the release of Elchin Gasimov. He said that he wasn’t injured during the incident, didn’t see anyone throwing stones at the police and he didn’t detain anyone.
Then Anar Ibrahimov, an employee of Sabunchu District Police Department, testified as a witness. He said that he lost his club during the incident and he was hit by a stone on his stomach. However, he didn’t appeal anywhere as a victim.
Following his testimony, Taleh Baghirov said that the lawyers who came to the hearing and supported them have been summoned to the Main Directorate for Combating Organized Crime. But the judge said that they have no authority to give instructions to any other body. He advised those persons to complain to the Interior Ministry.
Lawyer Yalchin Imanov assessed it as a pressure on the lawyers.
Later, Israfil Mustafayev, an employee of Sabunchu District Police Department testified at the hearing. He said that he doesn’t know the persons who gathered on November 5, 2015 in front of the police department and he wasn’t injured during the incident. He said those persons demanded release of Elchin Gasimov.
Mustafayev also gave testimony similar to Anar Ibrahimov’s.
Employee of Sabunchu District Police Department Siyavush Mirzazade was also questioned at the hearing. He said that he was on duty at the department during the incident that took place on November 5, 2015 in front of the department and he didn’t arrest anyone. Lawyer Yalchin Imanov said that there are contradictions in his testimonies and the witness’s testimony was read out.
Then the judge said that legal heirs of Vugar Nasibov and Ismayil Taghiyev who died during the incident in Nardaran towdship, appealed to the court informing that they are not willing to attend the hearing and make the court responsible for the punishment.
Employee of the Main Directorate for Combating Organized Crime Ibrahim Kazimov who acted as witness and anaggrieved persons, was questioned. He said that he didn’t torture anyone and he can swear to the Holy Quran. However, Abbas Huseynov and other defendants said he tortured. The defendants spit on Kazimov, threw shoes and water bottles at him. And Kazimov threw the shoes back at them.
The process will be resumed on October 17.
Taleh Baghirov faces charges under Criminal Code’s articles #120 (premeditated murder), 120.2.1, 120.2.3, 120.2.4, 120.2.7, 120.2.12, 29, 120 (attempt to premeditated murder), 29,120.2.1, 29,120.2.3 , 29,120.2.4, 120.2.7, 120.2.12 , 228.3 (illegal purchase of firearms), 228.4 (illegal carrying of weapons) and others. On November 26, 2015, law enforcement agencies conducted a special operation in Nardaran township, Baku, arresting Taleh Baghirov and 60 others. Separate criminal proceedings were initiated against some of them and their criminal cases were sent to the Sabunchu district court, which passed verdicts against them.
Fuad Gahramanli was jailed for three months on December 8, 2015. He is charged under the Article 281.1 (public calls for the violent seizure of power) and 283 (inciting national, racial, social or religious enmity and hatred by using violence or threat of violence) and 220.2 (Appeals to active insubordination to legal requirements of representatives of authority and to mass disorders, as well as appeals to violence above citizens) of Azerbaijan’s Criminal Code.
Related news releases
- 20.04.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Fire in a multi-storied residential building under construction in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 07.04.2018Helicopter rescues fisherman stuck among crocodiles
- 01.04.20186 killed and 2 injured in head-on collision between passenger car and truck in Azerbaijan
- 28.03.2018Gunman shooting Calgary police officer
- 24.03.2018Fire breaks out in forest in Azerbaijan’s Lerik and Shabran distrcts
- 07.03.2018Earthquake kills at least 18 in Papua New Guinea
- 02.03.2018One dies, three injured as strong fire occurs in the Republican Narcological Dispensary - UPDATED - 4
- 17.02.2018SOCAR's petrol tanker burst into flames in Georgia
- 09.02.2018Small asteroid will pass very close to Earth on Friday
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan's People's Artist Zarnigar Agakishiyeva dies
- 07.02.2018Fire broke out in Baku, 30 people were evacuated
- 07.02.2018Elon Musk's Falcon Heavy rocket launches successfully
- 06.02.2018The Ministry of Defense Industry releases information on the fire occured in the plant
- 06.02.2018The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminated information in connection with the explosion at the plant in Baku
- 06.02.2018Explosion occurred in Radio engineering plant in Baku, no one injured - UPDATED
- 02.02.2018Boiler room explosion rocks Turkish capital, no casualties: governor
- 26.01.2018South Korea hospital fire kills 33, injures 50
- 26.01.20184 killed in Ukranian helicopter crash
- 23.01.2018A prominent Azerbaijani journalist dies
- 12.01.2018MES "The search of the missing climbers is carried out on a high mountain range with a complex terrain"
- 07.01.2018Dozens Injured in 5.1 Quake in Western Iran
- 06.01.2018Names of injured in bus crash in Baku revealed
- 06.01.2018Magnitude 5.1 quake hits western Iran
- 05.01.2018Foreign experts visit area of search of missing climbers
- 05.01.2018Kamchatka volcano spits up ash 5-7 kilometers high
- 04.01.2018Search for the missing mountaineers continued today - PHOTO - VIDEO
- 31.12.2017The People's Artist of Azerbaijan Chingiz Sadykhov dies
- 29.12.2017MES: "The search of climbers is conducted in all possible directions"
- 27.12.2017Ministry of Emergency Situations appeals to social network users and media
- 09.12.20174 killed, 4 injured in a traffic accident in Sheki
- 05.12.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 4 in Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Brazil striker given prison sentence
- 20.11.2017Akif Chovdarov files appeal against verdict
- 19.11.20175.9-magnitude quake hits 73 km NNE of Tobelo, Indonesia
- 16.11.20173.5-magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Iran earthquake death toll reached 530 people
- 03.11.2017Eldar Mahmudov's assistant arrested
- 02.11.2017The school director accused of sexual assault against schoolgirl in Khacmaz region arresred
- 02.11.2017Escaped convict and one more person killed in special operation in Baku - UPDATED
- 24.10.2016Police raid houses of alleged Nursists in Azerbaijan
- 27.10.2016Azerbaijani student dies after falling from 7th floor of university hostel in Ukraine
- 27.10.2016Azerbaijani State Security Service conducted special operation, two extremists killed - UPDATED
- 14.10.2016Brother of ex-minister of Nakhchivan arrested
- 12.10.2016Azerbaijani footballer Javid Huseynov released from prison
- 12.10.2016Brother stabs 22-year-old sister to death in Azerbaijan's Sumgayit