Baku court continues trial in ‘Nardaran case’
Baku. Shahriyar Alizada – APA. The Baku Court of Grave Crimes on Friday resumed the trial of Taleh Baghirov, Fuad Gahramanli and others, who are accused of the events of Nardaran.
At the hearing presided over by judge Alovsat Abbasov, Taleh Baghirov said that he has been kept in a cell for five days.
Later, employee of Sabunchu District Police Department Nasib Asadullayev gave testimony. He said that on November 5 last year, a group of persons gathered in front of Sabunchu District Police Department demanding the release of Elchin Gasimov. He said that he wasn’t injured during the incident, didn’t see anyone throwing stones at the police and he didn’t detain anyone.
Then Anar Ibrahimov, an employee of Sabunchu District Police Department, testified as a witness. He said that he lost his club during the incident and he was hit by a stone on his stomach. However, he didn’t appeal anywhere as a victim.
Following his testimony, Taleh Baghirov said that the lawyers who came to the hearing and supported them have been summoned to the Main Directorate for Combating Organized Crime. But the judge said that they have no authority to give instructions to any other body. He advised those persons to complain to the Interior Ministry.
Lawyer Yalchin Imanov assessed it as a pressure on the lawyers.
Later, Israfil Mustafayev, an employee of Sabunchu District Police Department testified at the hearing. He said that he doesn’t know the persons who gathered on November 5, 2015 in front of the police department and he wasn’t injured during the incident. He said those persons demanded release of Elchin Gasimov.
Mustafayev also gave testimony similar to Anar Ibrahimov’s.
Employee of Sabunchu District Police Department Siyavush Mirzazade was also questioned at the hearing. He said that he was on duty at the department during the incident that took place on November 5, 2015 in front of the department and he didn’t arrest anyone. Lawyer Yalchin Imanov said that there are contradictions in his testimonies and the witness’s testimony was read out.
Then the judge said that legal heirs of Vugar Nasibov and Ismayil Taghiyev who died during the incident in Nardaran towdship, appealed to the court informing that they are not willing to attend the hearing and make the court responsible for the punishment.
Employee of the Main Directorate for Combating Organized Crime Ibrahim Kazimov who acted as witness and anaggrieved persons, was questioned. He said that he didn’t torture anyone and he can swear to the Holy Quran. However, Abbas Huseynov and other defendants said he tortured. The defendants spit on Kazimov, threw shoes and water bottles at him. And Kazimov threw the shoes back at them.
The process will be resumed on October 17.
Taleh Baghirov faces charges under Criminal Code’s articles #120 (premeditated murder), 120.2.1, 120.2.3, 120.2.4, 120.2.7, 120.2.12, 29, 120 (attempt to premeditated murder), 29,120.2.1, 29,120.2.3 , 29,120.2.4, 120.2.7, 120.2.12 , 228.3 (illegal purchase of firearms), 228.4 (illegal carrying of weapons) and others. On November 26, 2015, law enforcement agencies conducted a special operation in Nardaran township, Baku, arresting Taleh Baghirov and 60 others. Separate criminal proceedings were initiated against some of them and their criminal cases were sent to the Sabunchu district court, which passed verdicts against them.
Fuad Gahramanli was jailed for three months on December 8, 2015. He is charged under the Article 281.1 (public calls for the violent seizure of power) and 283 (inciting national, racial, social or religious enmity and hatred by using violence or threat of violence) and 220.2 (Appeals to active insubordination to legal requirements of representatives of authority and to mass disorders, as well as appeals to violence above citizens) of Azerbaijan’s Criminal Code.
Related news releases
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan sends helicopter to Georgia to tackle forest fires
- 22.09.2017OPEC and non-OPEC countries to discuss oil export monitoring mechanism
- 19.09.20174 women killed, 3 others injured in severe traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani minister's son died
- 14.09.2017Alexander Lapshin left Azerbaijan
- 08.09.201726 of 39 poisoned people at the wedding in Tovuz, discharged home - UPDATED - 3
- 07.09.2017Court to consider Mehman Aliyev’s appeal on Sept.8
- 03.09.2017183 UXOs detected in Azerbaijan’s Khizi region
- 02.09.2017Ministry: The strong wind expands the fire area in Gabala
- 31.08.2017Forest fire in Oguz region spread to the territory of the Shahdag National Park
- 31.08.2017Court refuses to commute Afgan Mukhtarli’s detention to house arrest
- 30.08.2017Akif Chovdarov’s lawyer asks court for one month to prepare speech
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijan State Security Service prevents smuggling of 44kg drugs
- 30.08.2017119 UXOs and 227 EBOs detected in Khizi region of Azerbaijan
- 29.08.2017Helicopter involved in extinguishing forest fires in Azerbaijan
- 28.08.2017Criminal case against Natig Jafarli terminated
- 26.08.2017The first staff of the rescue and fire-fighting team of the MES returned to country from Georgia
- 26.08.2017Azerbaijan’s helicopter involved in tackling fires in Georgia today as well
- 23.08.2017Azerbaijan's firefighters continue to battle Georgia wildfires, set up field tents
- 22.08.2017Azerbaijani ministry’s rescue team involved in extinguishing forest fires in Georgia
- 21.08.2017Azerbaijan sends helicopter to help Georgia tackle forest fires
- 14.08.2017Large amount of money and jewelry stolen in house in Baku
- 10.08.2017The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminates information on the fire in Binagadi district
- 06.08.2017Fire occurs at the dormitory in Sumgayit, 15 residents rescued, 20 were evacuated
- 03.08.20172 killed, 1 injured in a fatal traffic accident in Baku
- 26.07.2017Reasons of suicide committed in Shamkir known - UPDATED
- 25.07.2017Turkish plane is rerouted to Algiers after false bomb alert
- 21.07.2017Magnitude 6.7 quake hits Turkey’s west coast, up to 70 people injured
- 18.07.2017Incident occurred among fans of Samtredia FC and Garabagh FC in Tbilisi
- 05.07.2017452 kg drugs burned in Azerbaijan
- 05.07.2017Azerbaijan initiates criminal case over Armenian provocative acts
- 03.07.2017Alexander Lapshin’s mother to testify in court - UPDATED
- 29.06.2017Baku police issue arrest warrants for ex-diplomat and ex-spokesman of liquidated SSAC
- 28.06.2017Five SOCAR employees injured in the Caspian Sea
- 27.06.2017Petya ransomware virus is back amid cyber attack
- 20.06.2017AZAL aircraft returns to Beijing Airport
- 17.06.2017First president of AFFA Fuad Musayev passed away
- 14.06.2017Smoke detected at crippled Chernobyl power plant
- 12.06.2017Baku police detain person over false bomb threat to mall
- 12.06.2017486 human traffickers brought to justice in 12 years – department chief
- 24.10.2016Police raid houses of alleged Nursists in Azerbaijan
- 27.10.2016Azerbaijani student dies after falling from 7th floor of university hostel in Ukraine
- 27.10.2016Azerbaijani State Security Service conducted special operation, two extremists killed - UPDATED
- 14.10.2016Brother of ex-minister of Nakhchivan arrested
- 12.10.2016Azerbaijani footballer Javid Huseynov released from prison
- 12.10.2016Brother stabs 22-year-old sister to death in Azerbaijan's Sumgayit