Baku court continues trial in ‘Nardaran case’
Baku. Shahriyar Alizada – APA. The Baku Court of Grave Crimes on Friday resumed the trial of Taleh Baghirov, Fuad Gahramanli and others, who are accused of the events of Nardaran.
At the hearing presided over by judge Alovsat Abbasov, Taleh Baghirov said that he has been kept in a cell for five days.
Later, employee of Sabunchu District Police Department Nasib Asadullayev gave testimony. He said that on November 5 last year, a group of persons gathered in front of Sabunchu District Police Department demanding the release of Elchin Gasimov. He said that he wasn’t injured during the incident, didn’t see anyone throwing stones at the police and he didn’t detain anyone.
Then Anar Ibrahimov, an employee of Sabunchu District Police Department, testified as a witness. He said that he lost his club during the incident and he was hit by a stone on his stomach. However, he didn’t appeal anywhere as a victim.
Following his testimony, Taleh Baghirov said that the lawyers who came to the hearing and supported them have been summoned to the Main Directorate for Combating Organized Crime. But the judge said that they have no authority to give instructions to any other body. He advised those persons to complain to the Interior Ministry.
Lawyer Yalchin Imanov assessed it as a pressure on the lawyers.
Later, Israfil Mustafayev, an employee of Sabunchu District Police Department testified at the hearing. He said that he doesn’t know the persons who gathered on November 5, 2015 in front of the police department and he wasn’t injured during the incident. He said those persons demanded release of Elchin Gasimov.
Mustafayev also gave testimony similar to Anar Ibrahimov’s.
Employee of Sabunchu District Police Department Siyavush Mirzazade was also questioned at the hearing. He said that he was on duty at the department during the incident that took place on November 5, 2015 in front of the department and he didn’t arrest anyone. Lawyer Yalchin Imanov said that there are contradictions in his testimonies and the witness’s testimony was read out.
Then the judge said that legal heirs of Vugar Nasibov and Ismayil Taghiyev who died during the incident in Nardaran towdship, appealed to the court informing that they are not willing to attend the hearing and make the court responsible for the punishment.
Employee of the Main Directorate for Combating Organized Crime Ibrahim Kazimov who acted as witness and anaggrieved persons, was questioned. He said that he didn’t torture anyone and he can swear to the Holy Quran. However, Abbas Huseynov and other defendants said he tortured. The defendants spit on Kazimov, threw shoes and water bottles at him. And Kazimov threw the shoes back at them.
The process will be resumed on October 17.
Taleh Baghirov faces charges under Criminal Code’s articles #120 (premeditated murder), 120.2.1, 120.2.3, 120.2.4, 120.2.7, 120.2.12, 29, 120 (attempt to premeditated murder), 29,120.2.1, 29,120.2.3 , 29,120.2.4, 120.2.7, 120.2.12 , 228.3 (illegal purchase of firearms), 228.4 (illegal carrying of weapons) and others. On November 26, 2015, law enforcement agencies conducted a special operation in Nardaran township, Baku, arresting Taleh Baghirov and 60 others. Separate criminal proceedings were initiated against some of them and their criminal cases were sent to the Sabunchu district court, which passed verdicts against them.
Fuad Gahramanli was jailed for three months on December 8, 2015. He is charged under the Article 281.1 (public calls for the violent seizure of power) and 283 (inciting national, racial, social or religious enmity and hatred by using violence or threat of violence) and 220.2 (Appeals to active insubordination to legal requirements of representatives of authority and to mass disorders, as well as appeals to violence above citizens) of Azerbaijan’s Criminal Code.
Related news releases
- 19.11.20175.9-magnitude quake hits 73 km NNE of Tobelo, Indonesia
- 16.11.20173.5-magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Iran earthquake death toll reached 530 people
- 03.11.2017Eldar Mahmudov's assistant arrested
- 02.11.2017The school director accused of sexual assault against schoolgirl in Khacmaz region arresred
- 02.11.2017Escaped convict and one more person killed in special operation in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Municipal candidate of Azerbaijani origin shot in Georgia
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijan neutralized 99 criminal groups of 228 persons this year
- 14.10.2017Baku police detain members of gang committing robbery against foreigners
- 06.10.2017Prison term for Gozal Bayramli extended
- 03.10.2017Court rejects Rauf Mirgadirov’s appeal
- 01.10.2017Magnitude 5.3 earthquake hits Russia's Kamchatka peninsula
- 29.09.2017Lotfi Zadeh’s body brought to Baku
- 27.09.2017Quake hits Azerbaijan’s Shamakhi
- 27.09.2017Seven people killed in car crash in Azerbaijan identified - UPDATED
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan sends helicopter to Georgia to tackle forest fires
- 22.09.2017OPEC and non-OPEC countries to discuss oil export monitoring mechanism
- 19.09.20174 women killed, 3 others injured in severe traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani minister's son died
- 14.09.2017Alexander Lapshin left Azerbaijan
- 08.09.201726 of 39 poisoned people at the wedding in Tovuz, discharged home - UPDATED - 3
- 07.09.2017Court to consider Mehman Aliyev’s appeal on Sept.8
- 03.09.2017183 UXOs detected in Azerbaijan’s Khizi region
- 02.09.2017Ministry: The strong wind expands the fire area in Gabala
- 31.08.2017Forest fire in Oguz region spread to the territory of the Shahdag National Park
- 31.08.2017Court refuses to commute Afgan Mukhtarli’s detention to house arrest
- 30.08.2017Akif Chovdarov’s lawyer asks court for one month to prepare speech
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijan State Security Service prevents smuggling of 44kg drugs
- 30.08.2017119 UXOs and 227 EBOs detected in Khizi region of Azerbaijan
- 29.08.2017Helicopter involved in extinguishing forest fires in Azerbaijan
- 28.08.2017Criminal case against Natig Jafarli terminated
- 26.08.2017The first staff of the rescue and fire-fighting team of the MES returned to country from Georgia
- 26.08.2017Azerbaijan’s helicopter involved in tackling fires in Georgia today as well
- 23.08.2017Azerbaijan's firefighters continue to battle Georgia wildfires, set up field tents
- 22.08.2017Azerbaijani ministry’s rescue team involved in extinguishing forest fires in Georgia
- 21.08.2017Azerbaijan sends helicopter to help Georgia tackle forest fires
- 14.08.2017Large amount of money and jewelry stolen in house in Baku
- 10.08.2017The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminates information on the fire in Binagadi district
- 06.08.2017Fire occurs at the dormitory in Sumgayit, 15 residents rescued, 20 were evacuated
- 03.08.20172 killed, 1 injured in a fatal traffic accident in Baku
- 20.10.20152 dead after car overturns and catches fire in Azerbaijan’s Goranboy - UPDATED
- 20.10.2015Criminal case on Leyla and Arif Yunus returned to Baku Court of Grave Crimes
- 21.10.2015Woman kills sister’s husband in Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2015Prosecutor general’s office issues statement on arrest of National Security Ministry's officials
- 20.10.2015Azerbaijani drug dealer sentenced to 20-year imprisonment in Russia
- 19.10.2015Azerbaijan begins trial of Belgian citizens charged with selling fake dollars