Azerbaijanis seriously wounded in armed assault by Armenians in Ukraine identified
The United Congress of Ukrainian Azerbaijanis told APA that chairman of the congress’s youth organization in Lviv Shahriyar Maharramov, his brother Rajab Maharramov, Ruslan Mammadov, Ilgar Maharramov, Rashad Mammadov and Vusal Jalalov received various bodily injuries.
They are being treated in a hospital in Lvov. Four of them injured in their heads and their conditions remain critical.
An armed group of Armenians assaulted on Azerbaijanis in Lviv, Ukraine, wounding six Azerbaijanis on May 16.
Armenians assaulted a store owned by Shahriyar Rajabov, the Congress’s youth organization in Lviv Province, and his brother Maharram Rajabov, assaulting the Azerbaijanis in the store.
The assailants said they had sought to avenge the beating of Armenians by Azerbaijanis in a mass brawl over the waiving of the separatist Nagorno-Karabakh regime’s flag during a Wushu Sanda contest held in Lvov 3 days ago.
At the time of the incident Rajabov managed to escape to the neighboring store and then a new brawl erupted. Fearing they were going to be beaten again, Armenians used arms, wounding six Azerbaijanis. Lviv law enforcement agencies as well as the security service are investigating the incident.
The Armenians involved in the brawl are being searched for.
- 28.04.2017Trial held in case of Azerbaijani MNS ex-official charged with extortion
- 27.04.2017Turkish forces rescue Russian soldiers in Black Sea
- 25.04.2017SCC: Reports about mass brawl and beating of a customs official are untrue
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan sends one prosecutor into retirement, replaces two others
- 13.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues
- 05.04.2017Two dead, one injured in train-car collision in Azerbaijan
- 29.03.2017The MES spread information about fires in Baku and Shabran
- 29.03.2017Father killed his 7 year-old son with a hammer in Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 25.03.2017Russia puts Armenian, born in Baku, on Interpol wanted list
- 18.03.201710 trucks carrying goods belonging to Azerbaijani companies hijacked in Ukraine
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijan deported over 1,500 foreigners in February
- 07.03.2017Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-employee pleads not guilty - UPDATED
- 03.03.2017About 900 Azerbaijanis joined terrorist groups in Syria, Iraq
- 28.02.2017General Prosecutor's Office warns “Azerbaycan 24” news portal’s editor-in-chief
- 25.02.2017Date of hearing on appeals of those accused of reporter Rasim Aliyev’s death revealed
- 22.02.2017Prosecutor General's Office: "A criminal case was launched against members of the European Parliament"
- 22.02.2017Witnesses testify in Akif Chovdarov’s trial
- 22.02.2017Experts assess value of property Vidadi Zeynalov wants to put up for sale
- 09.02.2017Azerbaijan prevents drug smuggling from Iran
- 07.02.2017Blogger Alexander Lapshin extradited from Belarus to Azerbaijan - VIDEO - PHOTO
- 07.02.2017Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Jalilabad region
- 27.01.2017Azerbaijani Interior Ministry holds board meeting
- 23.01.2017ICRC visits Armenian scout imprisoned in Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2017Interior Ministry has filed a petition to the General Prosecutor's Office against Mehman Huseynov
- 10.01.2017SOCAR released information about a fire broke out at a gas pipeline in Sangachal - UPDATED
- 08.01.2017SCC comments on reports about the detention of trucks at the border
- 07.01.2017Iraqi Embassy in Baku issues statement on the murder in “Demirchi Tower” business center
- 20.12.20164 magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Balaken region
- 04.12.201659 UXOs detected in Azerbaijan’s Gazakh city
- 30.11.20164.3 magnitude earthquake hits the Caspian Sea
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijan announces dates of 2017 holidays
- 26.11.2016Aircraft of Azerbaijani MES successfully eliminates fires in 8 locations in Israel
- 24.11.2016Three killed after car crashes into truck in Azerbaijan
- 23.11.2016Fire breaks out in Baku, one dead
- 19.11.2016People's artist of Azerbaijan Nariman Azimov dies
- 18.11.2016About 1,000 left without home after major fire in Jakarta
- 16.11.2016Ex-Azerbaijani minister pays over 6M manats for causing damage to state
- 15.11.2016IAC publishes a preliminary report on the crash of the cargo aircraft AN-12 in Afghanistan
- 11.11.2016Patient slashes throat with razor blade in Baku
- 08.11.2016Ganimat Zahid's relatives, who are in prison, repudiated him
- 10.08.2016Defendants in the Nardaran events gave testimony in court
- 11.08.2016Military Prosecutor's Office clarifies reports on arrest of former inspector
- 13.08.2016Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Balaken
- 02.08.201634-year-old woman commits suicide in Azerbaijan
- 01.08.20166-year-old girl beaten to death in Khirdalan
- 01.08.2016Quake hits Azerbaijan’s Imishli district