Suspected murderer of Azerbaijani student detained in Ukraine
Baku. Mubariz Aslanov – APA. An Iranian citizen, suspected of murdering 22-year-old Azerbaijani student Mahammad Safaraliyev in Simferopol, Crimea has been detained, Firudin Orujov, head of Azerbaijani Youth Organization of Crimea, told APA.
The suspect is identified as 35-year-old Iranian citizen Mohammad Shah, who is studying at Faculty of Philosophy of the Crimean Federal University, said Orujov.
According to him, Safaraliyev was studying at the master’s degree of Law faculty at the same university, and they were staying at the same dormitory.
“About a month ago, they brawled at the Iranian student’s room. According to the investigation, they quarreled over Iranian student’s occupying the Azerbaijani student's room. They got into an argument about the same reason again and Iranian student stabbed Safaraliyev in back several times. Our compatriot died on the spot,” he said.
Simferopol department of Crimean Federal Research Service and city department of the Interior Ministry have created a joint investigation team. Measures are being taken to prevent any ethnically motivated incidents.
Baku. Hafiz Heydarov – APA. A 22-year-old Azerbaijani student was killed in Simferopol, Ukraine Sept. 27.
Mahammad Safaraliyev, resident of Azerbaijan’s Zagatala district, was stabbed to death by unknown persons in Simferopol.
His body will be brought to Azerbaijan in the coming days.
Related news releases
- 27.06.2017Petya ransomware virus is back amid cyber attack
- 20.06.2017AZAL aircraft returns to Beijing Airport
- 17.06.2017First president of AFFA Fuad Musayev passed away
- 14.06.2017Smoke detected at crippled Chernobyl power plant
- 12.06.2017Baku police detain person over false bomb threat to mall
- 12.06.2017486 human traffickers brought to justice in 12 years – department chief
- 10.06.2017Energy Minister Natig Aliyev’s body brought to Baku - UPDATED
- 07.06.2017Mother and her two sons died, grandson wounded in a fatal traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 06.06.2017Azerbaijan’s Interior Ministry prepares list of debtors banned from leaving country
- 03.06.2017Well-known lawyer dies in a motorcycle crash in Baku
- 02.06.2017Powerful mud closes Baku-Shamakhi highway, more than 500 cars remain on the road
- 30.05.2017The General Prosecutor's Office takes the investigation of the suicide attempt of the IDP under special control
- 28.05.2017Gregg Allman, of Allman Brothers Band Fame, Dead at 69
- 27.05.2017Conflict between school children in Azerbaijan ended with the death
- 13.05.2017Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 11.05.2017Strong earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Saatli - UPDATED
- 06.05.2017The famous Azerbaijani scientist Rafiga Aliyeva died
- 28.04.2017Trial held in case of Azerbaijani MNS ex-official charged with extortion
- 27.04.2017Turkish forces rescue Russian soldiers in Black Sea
- 25.04.2017SCC: Reports about mass brawl and beating of a customs official are untrue
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan sends one prosecutor into retirement, replaces two others
- 13.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues
- 05.04.2017Two dead, one injured in train-car collision in Azerbaijan
- 29.03.2017The MES spread information about fires in Baku and Shabran
- 29.03.2017Father killed his 7 year-old son with a hammer in Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 25.03.2017Russia puts Armenian, born in Baku, on Interpol wanted list
- 18.03.201710 trucks carrying goods belonging to Azerbaijani companies hijacked in Ukraine
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijan deported over 1,500 foreigners in February
- 07.03.2017Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-employee pleads not guilty - UPDATED
- 03.03.2017About 900 Azerbaijanis joined terrorist groups in Syria, Iraq
- 28.02.2017General Prosecutor's Office warns “Azerbaycan 24” news portal’s editor-in-chief
- 25.02.2017Date of hearing on appeals of those accused of reporter Rasim Aliyev’s death revealed
- 22.02.2017Prosecutor General's Office: "A criminal case was launched against members of the European Parliament"
- 22.02.2017Witnesses testify in Akif Chovdarov’s trial
- 22.02.2017Experts assess value of property Vidadi Zeynalov wants to put up for sale
- 09.02.2017Azerbaijan prevents drug smuggling from Iran
- 07.02.2017Blogger Alexander Lapshin extradited from Belarus to Azerbaijan - VIDEO - PHOTO
- 07.02.2017Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Jalilabad region
- 27.01.2017Azerbaijani Interior Ministry holds board meeting
- 23.01.2017ICRC visits Armenian scout imprisoned in Azerbaijan
- 29.09.2016Ministry of Emergency Situations reported on impact of rainy weather in capital
- 01.10.2016Azerbaijan to extradite wanted Turkish citizen to his country
- 01.10.2016Prosecutor General comments on investigation over officials of liquidated Azerbaijani MNS
- 28.09.2016Magnitude 5.4 quake hits off Greek island of Rhodes, no damage
- 27.09.2016ICRC visits Azerbaijanis held hostage by Armenia
- 27.09.2016Staff changes at Azerbaijan's Penitentiary Service