Suspected murderer of Azerbaijani student detained in Ukraine
Baku. Mubariz Aslanov – APA. An Iranian citizen, suspected of murdering 22-year-old Azerbaijani student Mahammad Safaraliyev in Simferopol, Crimea has been detained, Firudin Orujov, head of Azerbaijani Youth Organization of Crimea, told APA.
The suspect is identified as 35-year-old Iranian citizen Mohammad Shah, who is studying at Faculty of Philosophy of the Crimean Federal University, said Orujov.
According to him, Safaraliyev was studying at the master’s degree of Law faculty at the same university, and they were staying at the same dormitory.
“About a month ago, they brawled at the Iranian student’s room. According to the investigation, they quarreled over Iranian student’s occupying the Azerbaijani student's room. They got into an argument about the same reason again and Iranian student stabbed Safaraliyev in back several times. Our compatriot died on the spot,” he said.
Simferopol department of Crimean Federal Research Service and city department of the Interior Ministry have created a joint investigation team. Measures are being taken to prevent any ethnically motivated incidents.
Baku. Hafiz Heydarov – APA. A 22-year-old Azerbaijani student was killed in Simferopol, Ukraine Sept. 27.
Mahammad Safaraliyev, resident of Azerbaijan’s Zagatala district, was stabbed to death by unknown persons in Simferopol.
His body will be brought to Azerbaijan in the coming days.
Related news releases
- 20.10.2017Municipal candidate of Azerbaijani origin shot in Georgia
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijan neutralized 99 criminal groups of 228 persons this year
- 14.10.2017Baku police detain members of gang committing robbery against foreigners
- 06.10.2017Prison term for Gozal Bayramli extended
- 03.10.2017Court rejects Rauf Mirgadirov’s appeal
- 01.10.2017Magnitude 5.3 earthquake hits Russia's Kamchatka peninsula
- 29.09.2017Lotfi Zadeh’s body brought to Baku
- 27.09.2017Quake hits Azerbaijan’s Shamakhi
- 27.09.2017Seven people killed in car crash in Azerbaijan identified - UPDATED
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan sends helicopter to Georgia to tackle forest fires
- 22.09.2017OPEC and non-OPEC countries to discuss oil export monitoring mechanism
- 19.09.20174 women killed, 3 others injured in severe traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani minister's son died
- 14.09.2017Alexander Lapshin left Azerbaijan
- 08.09.201726 of 39 poisoned people at the wedding in Tovuz, discharged home - UPDATED - 3
- 07.09.2017Court to consider Mehman Aliyev’s appeal on Sept.8
- 03.09.2017183 UXOs detected in Azerbaijan’s Khizi region
- 02.09.2017Ministry: The strong wind expands the fire area in Gabala
- 31.08.2017Forest fire in Oguz region spread to the territory of the Shahdag National Park
- 31.08.2017Court refuses to commute Afgan Mukhtarli’s detention to house arrest
- 30.08.2017Akif Chovdarov’s lawyer asks court for one month to prepare speech
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijan State Security Service prevents smuggling of 44kg drugs
- 30.08.2017119 UXOs and 227 EBOs detected in Khizi region of Azerbaijan
- 29.08.2017Helicopter involved in extinguishing forest fires in Azerbaijan
- 28.08.2017Criminal case against Natig Jafarli terminated
- 26.08.2017The first staff of the rescue and fire-fighting team of the MES returned to country from Georgia
- 26.08.2017Azerbaijan’s helicopter involved in tackling fires in Georgia today as well
- 23.08.2017Azerbaijan's firefighters continue to battle Georgia wildfires, set up field tents
- 22.08.2017Azerbaijani ministry’s rescue team involved in extinguishing forest fires in Georgia
- 21.08.2017Azerbaijan sends helicopter to help Georgia tackle forest fires
- 14.08.2017Large amount of money and jewelry stolen in house in Baku
- 10.08.2017The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminates information on the fire in Binagadi district
- 06.08.2017Fire occurs at the dormitory in Sumgayit, 15 residents rescued, 20 were evacuated
- 03.08.20172 killed, 1 injured in a fatal traffic accident in Baku
- 26.07.2017Reasons of suicide committed in Shamkir known - UPDATED
- 25.07.2017Turkish plane is rerouted to Algiers after false bomb alert
- 21.07.2017Magnitude 6.7 quake hits Turkey’s west coast, up to 70 people injured
- 18.07.2017Incident occurred among fans of Samtredia FC and Garabagh FC in Tbilisi
- 05.07.2017452 kg drugs burned in Azerbaijan
- 05.07.2017Azerbaijan initiates criminal case over Armenian provocative acts
- 29.09.2016Ministry of Emergency Situations reported on impact of rainy weather in capital
- 01.10.2016Azerbaijan to extradite wanted Turkish citizen to his country
- 01.10.2016Prosecutor General comments on investigation over officials of liquidated Azerbaijani MNS
- 28.09.2016Magnitude 5.4 quake hits off Greek island of Rhodes, no damage
- 27.09.2016ICRC visits Azerbaijanis held hostage by Armenia
- 27.09.2016Staff changes at Azerbaijan's Penitentiary Service