Suspected murderer of Azerbaijani student detained in Ukraine
Baku. Mubariz Aslanov – APA. An Iranian citizen, suspected of murdering 22-year-old Azerbaijani student Mahammad Safaraliyev in Simferopol, Crimea has been detained, Firudin Orujov, head of Azerbaijani Youth Organization of Crimea, told APA.
The suspect is identified as 35-year-old Iranian citizen Mohammad Shah, who is studying at Faculty of Philosophy of the Crimean Federal University, said Orujov.
According to him, Safaraliyev was studying at the master’s degree of Law faculty at the same university, and they were staying at the same dormitory.
“About a month ago, they brawled at the Iranian student’s room. According to the investigation, they quarreled over Iranian student’s occupying the Azerbaijani student's room. They got into an argument about the same reason again and Iranian student stabbed Safaraliyev in back several times. Our compatriot died on the spot,” he said.
Simferopol department of Crimean Federal Research Service and city department of the Interior Ministry have created a joint investigation team. Measures are being taken to prevent any ethnically motivated incidents.
Baku. Hafiz Heydarov – APA. A 22-year-old Azerbaijani student was killed in Simferopol, Ukraine Sept. 27.
Mahammad Safaraliyev, resident of Azerbaijan’s Zagatala district, was stabbed to death by unknown persons in Simferopol.
His body will be brought to Azerbaijan in the coming days.
Related news releases
- 28.04.2017Trial held in case of Azerbaijani MNS ex-official charged with extortion
- 27.04.2017Turkish forces rescue Russian soldiers in Black Sea
- 25.04.2017SCC: Reports about mass brawl and beating of a customs official are untrue
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan sends one prosecutor into retirement, replaces two others
- 13.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials continues
- 05.04.2017Two dead, one injured in train-car collision in Azerbaijan
- 29.03.2017The MES spread information about fires in Baku and Shabran
- 29.03.2017Father killed his 7 year-old son with a hammer in Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 25.03.2017Russia puts Armenian, born in Baku, on Interpol wanted list
- 18.03.201710 trucks carrying goods belonging to Azerbaijani companies hijacked in Ukraine
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijan deported over 1,500 foreigners in February
- 07.03.2017Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-employee pleads not guilty - UPDATED
- 03.03.2017About 900 Azerbaijanis joined terrorist groups in Syria, Iraq
- 28.02.2017General Prosecutor's Office warns “Azerbaycan 24” news portal’s editor-in-chief
- 25.02.2017Date of hearing on appeals of those accused of reporter Rasim Aliyev’s death revealed
- 22.02.2017Prosecutor General's Office: "A criminal case was launched against members of the European Parliament"
- 22.02.2017Witnesses testify in Akif Chovdarov’s trial
- 22.02.2017Experts assess value of property Vidadi Zeynalov wants to put up for sale
- 09.02.2017Azerbaijan prevents drug smuggling from Iran
- 07.02.2017Blogger Alexander Lapshin extradited from Belarus to Azerbaijan - VIDEO - PHOTO
- 07.02.2017Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Jalilabad region
- 27.01.2017Azerbaijani Interior Ministry holds board meeting
- 23.01.2017ICRC visits Armenian scout imprisoned in Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2017Interior Ministry has filed a petition to the General Prosecutor's Office against Mehman Huseynov
- 10.01.2017SOCAR released information about a fire broke out at a gas pipeline in Sangachal - UPDATED
- 08.01.2017SCC comments on reports about the detention of trucks at the border
- 07.01.2017Iraqi Embassy in Baku issues statement on the murder in “Demirchi Tower” business center
- 20.12.20164 magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Balaken region
- 04.12.201659 UXOs detected in Azerbaijan’s Gazakh city
- 30.11.20164.3 magnitude earthquake hits the Caspian Sea
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijan announces dates of 2017 holidays
- 26.11.2016Aircraft of Azerbaijani MES successfully eliminates fires in 8 locations in Israel
- 24.11.2016Three killed after car crashes into truck in Azerbaijan
- 23.11.2016Fire breaks out in Baku, one dead
- 19.11.2016People's artist of Azerbaijan Nariman Azimov dies
- 18.11.2016About 1,000 left without home after major fire in Jakarta
- 16.11.2016Ex-Azerbaijani minister pays over 6M manats for causing damage to state
- 15.11.2016IAC publishes a preliminary report on the crash of the cargo aircraft AN-12 in Afghanistan
- 11.11.2016Patient slashes throat with razor blade in Baku
- 08.11.2016Ganimat Zahid's relatives, who are in prison, repudiated him
- 29.09.2016Ministry of Emergency Situations reported on impact of rainy weather in capital
- 01.10.2016Azerbaijan to extradite wanted Turkish citizen to his country
- 01.10.2016Prosecutor General comments on investigation over officials of liquidated Azerbaijani MNS
- 28.09.2016Magnitude 5.4 quake hits off Greek island of Rhodes, no damage
- 27.09.2016ICRC visits Azerbaijanis held hostage by Armenia
- 27.09.2016Staff changes at Azerbaijan's Penitentiary Service